Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 30-08-2018, 16:50   #31
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

while I have so far enjoyed most of the transfers he made (barring Dubarbier and Simon) he seems to have a habit of insulting players.

Yesterday, regarding Tyton he said:
"We want hungry players and not officials, we do not want players who are not committed to the project. If nothing happens by Aug 31st, he may find himself in a situation that does not benefit him. He should have professional ambition."

In response to this Simone Rondanini (director of SEG in Spain, the agency representing Tyton) said to riazor.org that they are angry with these words and the treatment that Tyton has been given in the last few weeks.. also according to them, Tyton has always worked positively without complaining and never created a problem even when he was the third or fourth choice.

I do understand Carmelo's intention to cleanup the squad, but this is no way to treat a professional and I tend to think that the first incident against Francis was not an accident and this seems to be the way he works..

Last edited by hari : 30-08-2018 at 16:53.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 07:45   #32
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

I don't like it either. It sounds not professional and will cause more trouble than benefits in the future.
Old 31-08-2018, 09:57   #33
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though he may have his opinions on certain players, he needs to be careful with what he says for sure.
Old 31-08-2018, 10:41   #34
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

It worked well in Levante, no?

At the Francis case, obviously he insulted him, and i wouldn't mind kicking Del Pozo out after such a comment...

but for the comments for Tyton, or kind of comments that doubt the commitment or work ethic of the players, we know that last season we suffered from players-primadonas, not caring for the team or the fans...if there is basis for such comments and this has a positive effect, this is fine for me
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 12:43   #35
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

I support Del Pozo 100% here, Tyton has no dignity and is waiting till last moment so that the club would cancel his contract and he could get 50,000 or 100,000 euro!!!
Shame on Tyton, we had many players like him and this is why we relegated.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 14:51   #36
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
I support Del Pozo 100% here, Tyton has no dignity and is waiting till last moment so that the club would cancel his contract and he could get 50,000 or 100,000 euro!!!
Shame on Tyton, we had many players like him and this is why we relegated.

Just remember my friend we did sign players who waited til the end for their clubs to rescind their contracts. so maybe he is doing the same...we accepted players like him so we should also understand that. and of course that does not make Del Pozo an angel to kick out Tyton who we don't like
Old 29-06-2019, 11:43   #37
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

professional answer for the question about self-criticism from del Pozo. I don't like him, I don't like his answer, and I don't like the job he has done. citing more or less from him: we need devoted people, not officials. Carmelo out!

Did he really pay 6 million eur to Bordeaux for Rolan, who later scored as much as zero goals in the full season in primera while being on loan?

Last edited by DepHun : 29-06-2019 at 12:48.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 06:43   #38
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
professional answer for the question about self-criticism from del Pozo. I don't like him, I don't like his answer, and I don't like the job he has done. citing more or less from him: we need devoted people, not officials. Carmelo out!

Did he really pay 6 million eur to Bordeaux for Rolan, who later scored as much as zero goals in the full season in primera while being on loan?

he is professional , devoted , smart and hardworking, if we had him years ago things would have been different, he brought professional and devoted players, if Quique would have scored that shot against Mallorca everybody would be praising DelPozo now
and BTW he is not the one who paid 6 million for Rolan, it was an agreement when we were in Premira.
Old 30-06-2019, 14:54   #39
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I missed those professional and devoted players against Las Palmas, Extremadura, and Majadahonda at home. Also in Lugo...

Yep, tiny details decide in football, sometimes in favor of us, sometimes against us, but if the Presi resigned, two coaches were released, I cannot understand how Del Pozo can stay.

Maybe the agreement for Rolan was made before Del Pozo joined us, but he was the one who did not re-negotiate it and paid it. Check out the date:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-...spieler/193938

https://www.sudouest.fr/2018/07/17/g...40311-4558.php
Old 01-07-2019, 10:39   #40
Ricardo
Peña Member

I think Del Pozo knows that this could be his last season, if we don't get promoted.

Creating a whole new squad every season is not an easy task at all. So although we finished 6th, I don't think all the blame lies with him.
Marti managed to squeeze an additional 15% out of the players, something Natxo wasn't able to do, so I believe he also let us down.

I would give Carmelo a 6/10 for his work last season, this season I am looking for an 8/10 from him.
Old 01-07-2019, 14:29   #41
american123

american123 is off the scale

Carmelo's failure was shown in the last game. With 25 players there was no backup for Alex. In the modern game you need a ball winning player in the midfield who breaks plays up and when we haven't had one we struggled. Before Alex there was De Guzman and who could forget players like Duscher and Mauro Silva/Donato who fulfilled that role.

We need to go find a young defensive midfielder who Alex can eventually pass the role to in the future. When Depor was successful Lendoiro took a risk and went to Brazil to find some of the best players in the world. I am hoping Carmelo will think outside of the box and come here to the USA. There are so many good young players (many who already speak Spanish) who at 18 can sign for free. Especially with Fabril needing players this will be the perfect opportunity to think outside of the box.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 15:10   #42
Ricardo
Peña Member

Didier Moreno was the back up ball winning player. The problem is that Natxo often played him out of position, which did not help the guy in his 1st season in Europe.

When Marti came, he favoured Alex, which I can understand. But against Mallorca, in the final game, I would have started with Moreno, sitting in front of the back four.

But yes I agree with your point about searching for young talents around the world. The problem is, its so much more difficult than it used to be 20 years back.

Nowadays all the top clubs have scouts everywhere.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:47   #43
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I missed those professional and devoted players against Las Palmas, Extremadura, and Majadahonda at home. Also in Lugo...

Yep, tiny details decide in football, sometimes in favor of us, sometimes against us, but if the Presi resigned, two coaches were released, I cannot understand how Del Pozo can stay.

Maybe the agreement for Rolan was made before Del Pozo joined us, but he was the one who did not re-negotiate it and paid it. Check out the date:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-...spieler/193938

https://www.sudouest.fr/2018/07/17/g...40311-4558.php

you can't win all games, he made a team for Premira but then you have other uncontrollable factors like players performance, coaches, fans..etc

Rolan was signed in 2017 before even going to Malaga, this was confirmed by Tino in press conference, DelPozo would never sign this shitty player then not playing with him.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:50   #44
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

I liked his job. The problem was Martí’s tactical mistake. Some players were professional even though they didn’t play many matches.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 22:17   #45
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Unfortunately from what I am seeing and reading so far it seems that for the new season Depor will rely on the old tactic - loaned players and veterans from other clubs. This model to build up a team is the worst, just not sure how long the board will insist on this model, which for me is very wrong.