Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 27-07-2008, 01:28   #1021
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

If we keep colo we have a pretty solid squad. I agree with Leon that we can definitely win something this year!!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 12:15   #1022
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

The rumour in riazor.org is that Newcastle offered €10 million, but Tottenham apparently have offered €13.5 million. The agent of Colo met with Lendoiro yesterday to tell him the news. We shall wait and see, but I think it is safe to say he will be going to the Premier. Newcastle would be a mistake IMHO he would be great for them but if you leave Depor then go to a much better team. Tottenham might be a better proposition but still he will go for the money and not for the football. We shall wait and see

Last edited by Leon : 27-07-2008 at 12:32.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 12:43   #1023
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold Luque for almost the same amount (to Newcastle in 2005), €14 million that is, and Makaay to Bayern Munich for €19 million (to Bayern in 2003). Those were strikers with a huge name in Europe.

If we are realistic, we're getting to amounts that we can't refuse and Lendoiro knows that better than the all of us. We're still a club troubled (very much) financially and it wasn't even 1,5 year ago that we badly needed to sell a huge talent (Arbeloa) for cheap to pay the salaries. Coloccini's performances, and hence his value, is reaching its peak and the past have shown that sometimes its best to sell players at a certain moment (Manuel Pablo, Tristan). Besides, central defenders always have been replacable (cheap) not mattering if they were Voro, Ribera, Djukic, Donato, Naybet or others. That' from the realistic perpective.

From the emotional perspective, Coloccini has become a stable figure in the squad during the past 3,5 years. His performances were average at first, and he was moved in the team from defence to centre midfield, to the bench, to righ defender and back to central defence to finally find his own spot. He's a leader on the pitch, a captain of the club and has become an example for others. Being an Argentinean international player and having played 38 full matches last season, not even missing one through suspension, he was one of the best at Deportivo last year and certainly one of the best (if not the best) central defender last year. Why not keep him? His qualities might be the difference between qualifying for Europe next season or not, or between achieving something in Europe right now or not. Coloccini appeals to the football public and is a nice figure too as we found out ourselevs. Especially now with a longer season waiting (UEFA Cup + Liga), we need a stable figure at the back even more if we keep the 5-system at the back. If Coloccini is here in the next years, it might be more valuable than getting €14 million now.

I wish Lendoiro all wisdom with his decision.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 13:45   #1024
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

After the game yesterday, Lotina apparantly also literally said it would be a mistake to let him go.
Old 27-07-2008, 15:04   #1025
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
We sold Luque for almost the same amount (to Newcastle in 2005), €14 million that is, and Makaay to Bayern Munich for €19 million (to Bayern in 2003). Those were strikers with a huge name in Europe.

If we are realistic, we're getting to amounts that we can't refuse and Lendoiro knows that better than the all of us. We're still a club troubled (very much) financially and it wasn't even 1,5 year ago that we badly needed to sell a huge talent (Arbeloa) for cheap to pay the salaries. Coloccini's performances, and hence his value, is reaching its peak and the past have shown that sometimes its best to sell players at a certain moment (Manuel Pablo, Tristan). Besides, central defenders always have been replacable (cheap) not mattering if they were Voro, Ribera, Djukic, Donato, Naybet or others. That' from the realistic perpective.

From the emotional perspective, Coloccini has become a stable figure in the squad during the past 3,5 years. His performances were average at first, and he was moved in the team from defence to centre midfield, to the bench, to righ defender and back to central defence to finally find his own spot. He's a leader on the pitch, a captain of the club and has become an example for others. Being an Argentinean international player and having played 38 full matches last season, not even missing one through suspension, he was one of the best at Deportivo last year and certainly one of the best (if not the best) central defender last year. Why not keep him? His qualities might be the difference between qualifying for Europe next season or not, or between achieving something in Europe right now or not. Coloccini appeals to the football public and is a nice figure too as we found out ourselevs. Especially now with a longer season waiting (UEFA Cup + Liga), we need a stable figure at the back even more if we keep the 5-system at the back. If Coloccini is here in the next years, it might be more valuable than getting €14 million now.

I wish Lendoiro all wisdom with his decision.

I Stand speechless ...with your Wise words Leon

Colo is a Important figure in the team

Hope your Words reach Leo through a way or another !!!
Old 27-07-2008, 17:16   #1026
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a tricky decision - take a barrell load of money or keep the leader of the defence. Lendoiro usually makes the right choice but I just hope Colo will stay for another season.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 18:15   #1027
Newcastle United

Newcastle United is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I really can't see anything happening from this from our perspective, maybe the interest is true if your manager said so but I can't see it happening myself, and I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs wanted him, they bid for everyone we do (Modric,Parker,Woodgate,Duff) Keep us updated, cheers
Old 27-07-2008, 18:19   #1028
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Coloccini has a contract for a couple of more years. With Deportivo, he'll be playing in Europe and he may make an even bigger name for himself. If he's spared from injuries, he may be even worth more next year. We can definitely use him too, he's the heart of our defense and together with Valeron, my favorite player.
Old 27-07-2008, 18:21   #1029
El_Turco
Beginner

El_Turco is on a distinguished road

he is the key member at the defend.
i wish this year he will play better than last year.
Old 27-07-2008, 18:35   #1030
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Newcastle why can't you see this happening?

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 19:34   #1031
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

I dont think the way to cope with the crisis is to sell and sell... we will just suck and relegate and our income will fall... i think the way to get out of the depth is to not weaken our team and qualify for top European football... like this we make extra money, get more attendance and we would be more popular for sponsorship agreements, and attract good investors and so on...
DKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 20:33   #1032
Newcastle United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
Newcastle why can't you see this happening?
Well, I think he will have better offers than us, in the past we've bought very good players because we were willing to pay them silly wages... the new owner won't do that. I wouldn't read too much into this, it's nothing concrete.
Old 27-07-2008, 22:30   #1033
Newcastle United

http://www.laopinioncoruna.es/seccio...ini-punto-irse

Depor in these moments is negotiating the transfer of the Newcastle Coloccini English. The agreement, which is around 12 million euros, could be closed in the next few hours. The representative of the central Argentine Marcelo Lombillo, is currently in the club's headquarters polishing the final details of the operation.
In the evening yesterday and there was an initial meeting at which Lombillo submitted the bid to Lendoiro and, as he was able to see the view, the white president was pleased the proposal of English club.
The list called for the tour of Venezuela, which will be published tonight, could you clarify the conclusion of the agreement.

New article, don't know how reliable it is.
Old 27-07-2008, 22:33   #1034
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Lendoiro already said the deal is difficult to occur. Anyhow, Monday is an important day. If he's not in the list for Venezuela, it means he will be sold.
Old 27-07-2008, 23:13   #1035
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

All these crappy offers are pissing me off!!!

Colo was the best defender in la liga last season and he is still young so:

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!"