Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 02-06-2011, 23:36   #241
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Well, Hiddink is right, if it's a draw, Belgium isn't going to finish second. It's strange that he says this to the media though, cause if some of his players arrive in Brussels with the intention of playing for the draw, Turkey has good chances of getting burnt. I don't think Turkey has the qualities to play for the draw, so they should just go for the win themselves. Should be quite an entertaining game, no matter which way it goes.

We still got hazard and kompany
best player of france
and best player of man city
thats not bad
Old 03-06-2011, 00:55   #242
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Did I mention that our suspension was lifted? Now, let's beat Romania away tomorrow/today.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43   #243
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

sorry Greg, and other Belgium guys: Forza Türkiye!
Old 03-06-2011, 14:16   #244
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Robbie Keane is a big doubt for the Rep of Ireland game in Macedonia tomorrow night. He injured his groin in training yesterday and is having constant treatment in an effort to start. He needs one goal to reach 50 for Ireland.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 17:01   #245
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if the players are being confident, or overconfident I can really see us losing this one, but what the hell, we'll all be supporting them all the way.

Still though, I wouldn't be surprised if we pull a Depor... Conceding within the first five minutes of the game
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 17:32   #246
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

There is a jokish news in Hun media about Belgian post and the city of Liege. I read, that people in Liege has never received their ordered and paid tickets for today match. Maybe still some Turks are gonna attend the match
Old 03-06-2011, 18:43   #247
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
There is a jokish news in Hun media about Belgian post and the city of Liege. I read, that people in Liege has never received their ordered and paid tickets for today match. Maybe still some Turks are gonna attend the match
Actually the tickets didn't arrive because of a strike, but new ones were already made and distributed

Of course, it'll be unavoidable that there will be a few thousand Turks between the Belgian fans, but at least 40.000 people (out of 50.000) will be Belgian tonight. Well, I'm off to the local bar! Still not drinking alcohol, of course And something tells me that I'm probably going to need it...
Old 03-06-2011, 19:23   #248
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

over 100 German football-hooligans arrested after riots in Wien's downtown
Old 03-06-2011, 22:51   #249
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Well, we're boned

The good news is that the only thing Belgium lacks is maturity imo, so I'm sure we'll be ready from the start for the WC 2014 qualifying campaign. We took control of the game, scored, had chances to double the score, but then of course one of our younger players gets a little bit too enthousiastic, setting up Turkey's easy goal. It's only his third game for the national team, so it's understandable.

Despite the good things, it's still incredibly frustrating though. Belgium is clearly a better team than Turkey, but lacks the maturity and experience they have. And I'm quite sure that if this game was played 10 times, Belgium would win 7 of them. We were in total control, and then Turkey equalises with their first chance of the game. They had another chance after that as well, but did nothing in the second half.

And missing a penalty so close to the end, that always stings. I don't know why, but Belgians have a tendency to choke when it comes to penalties. Anderlecht did it three times in the penalty shootout with CL group stage at stake. Standard missed a penalty against an inferior Liverpool side, again resulting in missing out on the CL group stage. Now this.

It's simply a little painful to review this campaign. Everything is there, except the maturity. We were better than Germany in the first game, but then a blunder at the back resulted in an undeserved loss. We were leading in Turkey at half-time, only to get nervous and choke in the second half. We score the incredibly deserved winning goal against Austria in injury time, only to somehow forget to defend for one more minute, causing the 4-4 equaliser. And now we again take the lead against Turkey, only to clumsily give it away yet again, after which we forget to score the second multiple times, even missing a penalty.

Congratulations to Turkey, you beat us fair and square. It's just a little frustrating for us, since I really think Belgium would've had a much bigger chance of winning the second place play-offs.

One final note: I have no clue whatsoever why Witsel took that penalty. We have Simons, who usually always takes the penalties, and who has the experience to deal with the stress. Kompany would've been the other option. Oh well, what's done is done, I guess.

Last edited by deporiginal : 03-06-2011 at 22:56.
Old 03-06-2011, 23:15   #250
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I just noticed that Leichtenstein beat Lithuania 2-0

I know Lithuania aren't exactly a footballing giant but still; I'd have thought they would have beaten Leichtenstein fairly comfortably.
Old 03-06-2011, 23:23   #251
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Robbie Keane is a big doubt for the Rep of Ireland game in Macedonia tomorrow night. He injured his groin in training yesterday and is having constant treatment in an effort to start. He needs one goal to reach 50 for Ireland.
We have many injuries in the team too...
After every game I'm saying that I won't go on the next match, but once again I bought a ticket for the game
The reason is that maybe one of the childs of vardar, 19 years old Stefan Ristovski who signed for parma last year, will have his debut for the national team
I had great time with some of the Irish fans tonight in Skopje. We were together on the street festival Baskerfest in Skopje tonight Definitlly you are the bigest fans of the Macedonian wine
P.S. I hope for a nice game tomorow
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44   #252
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I just noticed that Leichtenstein beat Lithuania 2-0

I know Lithuania aren't exactly a footballing giant but still; I'd have thought they would have beaten Leichtenstein fairly comfortably.

I hope our veteran youngster, was the leader in this
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38   #253
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

State of crisis for the Danish national team. There's a lot of pessimism around different boards - and probably rightly so - it's a good thing the team is facing Iceland.

It'll be very interesting to see if Christian Eriksen can cope with his new status and huge responsibility. He needs Bendtner to return to some kind of form. Also, the great center back pairing of Agger and Kjær has probably not seen worse days, while Christian Poulsen regularly playing is needed.

If, however, these things can be fixed, it might just work out. Today, meanwhile, should prove a complicated but manageable task.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:31   #254
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Well, we're boned

The good news is that the only thing Belgium lacks is maturity imo, so I'm sure we'll be ready from the start for the WC 2014 qualifying campaign. We took control of the game, scored, had chances to double the score, but then of course one of our younger players gets a little bit too enthousiastic, setting up Turkey's easy goal. It's only his third game for the national team, so it's understandable.

Despite the good things, it's still incredibly frustrating though. Belgium is clearly a better team than Turkey, but lacks the maturity and experience they have. And I'm quite sure that if this game was played 10 times, Belgium would win 7 of them. We were in total control, and then Turkey equalises with their first chance of the game. They had another chance after that as well, but did nothing in the second half.

And missing a penalty so close to the end, that always stings. I don't know why, but Belgians have a tendency to choke when it comes to penalties. Anderlecht did it three times in the penalty shootout with CL group stage at stake. Standard missed a penalty against an inferior Liverpool side, again resulting in missing out on the CL group stage. Now this.

It's simply a little painful to review this campaign. Everything is there, except the maturity. We were better than Germany in the first game, but then a blunder at the back resulted in an undeserved loss. We were leading in Turkey at half-time, only to get nervous and choke in the second half. We score the incredibly deserved winning goal against Austria in injury time, only to somehow forget to defend for one more minute, causing the 4-4 equaliser. And now we again take the lead against Turkey, only to clumsily give it away yet again, after which we forget to score the second multiple times, even missing a penalty.

Congratulations to Turkey, you beat us fair and square. It's just a little frustrating for us, since I really think Belgium would've had a much bigger chance of winning the second place play-offs.

One final note: I have no clue whatsoever why Witsel took that penalty. We have Simons, who usually always takes the penalties, and who has the experience to deal with the stress. Kompany would've been the other option. Oh well, what's done is done, I guess.

Belgium was much better then turkey
turkey only lay back and thats all
they had 1 chance but that chance was all the need
dont get it why they subsituted hazard so quickly

but we can still get to euro 2012
still matches to be played
it aint over till its over
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27   #255
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalolz
Belgium was much better then turkey
turkey only lay back and thats all
they had 1 chance but that chance was all the need
dont get it why they subsituted hazard so quickly

but we can still get to euro 2012
still matches to be played
it aint over till its over
Because Hazard was our weakest man on the pitch yesterday. He was constantly losing the ball trying to take on Turkey by himself. His reaction after his substitution was disgraceful as well. He immediately went to the locker room and left the stadium before the game was even finished. That's not the attitude of a professional. Hazard has got a lot to learn. He should take a look at Kompany's evolution. He's by far the best player we've got right now.

And yes, it's over. For us to reach that second spot, we need to win all of our three remaining games. The first two Belgium should always win, against Kazachstan and Azerbaijan, but I really don't see us winning in Germany, even if they don't have anything left to play for. And for the sake of the argument, let's say we do win in Germany. Then Turkey still "only" needs 10 points to finish second. They have home games left against Azerbaijan and Kazachstan, so that's already a certain 6 points. Which means they'll have to lose in Austria, or at home against Germany, or draw both games. I really don't see all that happening.