Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:54   #1
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907
Default Brazilian Midfielder is in Turkish National Team

Turkey calls Brazilian-born Aurelio for friendly

----------------

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Turkey coach Fatih Terim included Brazilian-born midfielder Mehmet Aurelio in his squad Friday for next week's friendly against Luxembourg.

Aurelio, who took Turkish nationality last month and changed his first name from Marco, becomes the first foreign-born player to play for Turkey.

"This is one of the most important days of my life," said Aurelio, who plays for Fenerbahce. "I know this is a first. I am aware of the responsibilities, but no one should forget that I am not a foreigner but a Turkish national."

Aurelio was able to take Turkish nationality after having played five years consecutively in Turkey. The fact that he had never been a Brazil international allowed him to be included onto the squad.

Terim also called up Galatasaray's Arda Turan and Ankaraspor goalkeeper Hakan Arikan for the first time. Arikan had an impressive opening game against Galatasaray when he saved two penalties and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Roster:

Goalkeepers: Rustu Recber (Fenerbahce), Volkan Demirel (Fenerbahce), Hakan Arikan (Ankaraspor)

Defenders: Can Arat (Fenerbahce), Tolga Seyhan (Galatasaray), Orhan Ak (Galatasaray), Gokhan Zan (Besiktas), Ibrahim Toraman (Besiktas)

Midfielders: Mehmet Aurelio (Fenerbahce), Tumer Metin (Fenerbahce), Fahri Tatan (Besiktas), Yildiray Basturk (Hertha Berlin), Nuri Sahin (Borussia Dortmund), Huseyin Cimbir (Trabzonspor), Mehmet Topuz (Kayserispor)

Forwards: Tuncay Sanli (Fenerbahce), Arda Turan (Galatasaray), Necati Ates (Galatasaray), Hakan Sukur (Galatasaray), Gokhan Unal (Kayserispor), Nihat Kahveci (Villareal), Fatih Tekke (Zenit), Halil Altintop (Schalke), Hamit Altintop (Schalke)

-------------------

Mehmet Aurelio has been officially accepted in the Turkish National Team.
Congratulations Mehmet.
We are proud of you as a Fenerbahçe Player and now also as a Turkish National Team player.

Viva Mehmet Aurelio, VIVA FENERBAHÇE. VIVA TURKEY.

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 14:36   #2
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Well to quite frank, the Current brasilian national team has enough depth, so this would be Mehmet' only chance of playing international football.

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 12:57   #3
Turkishfire

Turkishfire is on a distinguished road

i think mehmet aurelio was a fresh blood for our national team he will be useful for the tems rotation system Fatih Terim made a right choice
Old 16-08-2006, 13:32   #4
Turkishfire

Turkishfire is on a distinguished road

marcio(mert) nobre from besiktas is also will play the national team in the future because he is now a turkish citizen...