Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 17:21   #16
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

B2:
Hansa Rostock - St. Pauli 0-2
Massive riots inside and outside the stadium despite 1500 policemen in action (from the tax-payers money). Deniz Naki celebrated his goal in front of the Hansa supporters with some nice show-elements, now he received a 3 match ban.
Old 04-11-2009, 19:16   #17
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I think Rostock has a reputation for being slightly right-ish, while the stance of St.Pauli is well known.

Slightly related I actually went to see Union Berlin - the almost but not quite brothers of St.Pauli - last friday. Meet a nice pair of hools as well on the way home. No police though...

In the 2.bundesliga, it's really amazing to see both St.Pauli and Union Berlin seriously fighting for promotion this year. Epecially Eisern Union, who were just promoted from the 3.bundesliga this summer...
Old 04-11-2009, 19:18   #18
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

The story of Unions fans owning, and building, the teams stadium is remarkable, and tells a story about a world of football not entirely drowning in business and bottom line thinking. Really hope they get the promotion.
Old 04-11-2009, 19:23   #19
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Very nice indeed, and the support were massive at the stadium (including a 'look Hertha, this is how it's done' chant at the end ). Generally there was a strange vibe in and around the stadium - something that I couldn't quite out my finger on, but it seemed to me like a very oldfashioned relationship to the club somehow.

(did anyone know, bt, that the club has an anthem written and performed by Nina Haken )
Old 04-11-2009, 19:34   #20
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenlj
Very nice indeed, and the support were massive at the stadium (including a 'look Hertha, this is how it's done' chant at the end ). Generally there was a strange vibe in and around the stadium - something that I couldn't quite out my finger on, but it seemed to me like a very oldfashioned relationship to the club somehow.

(did anyone know, bt, that the club has an anthem written and performed by Nina Haken )

I did know that (and I assume, by a culturally astute man such as yourself, that "Haken" was just a typo ), I'm still a bit sour I didn't get to see them when I was in Berlin back in august. Anyway, like with any politically loaded fanbase, hooliganism is present, still their fans seems to be of the more genuine kind. And when looking at the demographics of Berling, this isn't exactly surprising.
Old 04-11-2009, 19:34   #21
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Do you mean, Nina Hagen?

Wow, that's more than enough reason to support them!!
Old 04-11-2009, 19:36   #22
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Do you mean, Nina Hagen?

Wow, that's more than enough reason to support them!!

Yup, a shame that foruna Düsseldorf didn't apply the same logic to their local music talent. Can you imagine the kind of football chant Ralf & Florian could conjure?
Old 04-11-2009, 19:41   #23
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
Yup, a shame that foruna Düsseldorf didn't apply the same logic to their local music talent. Can you imagine the kind of football chant Ralf & Florian could conjure?

I really doubt they know what football is

What has to do metronomy, with dribbling?
Old 04-11-2009, 19:52   #24
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
and I assume, by a culturally astute man such as yourself, that "Haken" was just a typo

Quote:
Do you mean, Nina Hagen?

Don't be mean

Sorry Fabian, more a lack of culture than 'fat fingers' I'm afraid. The anthem is really the only Nina Hagen I know. And it is, I guess, atypical for her works...

You should go see them, if you get to Berlin (both of you) - I liked it...
Old 04-11-2009, 20:00   #25
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Don't be mean

Sorry Fabian, more a lack of culture than 'fat fingers' I'm afraid. The anthem is really the only Nina Hagen I know. And it is, I guess, atypical for her works...

You should go see them, if you get to Berlin (both of you) - I liked it...

You'll have to forgive George, as a greek man, he's only sweet to the women of Scandinavia. And only when they're on vacation. And only when he's on his vespa.

I had a fantastic time in Berlin, and have promised myself to go back, and when I do so, a Union game should be a given. Definetily rather than Hertha.
Old 04-11-2009, 20:11   #26
ggeorg

Peña Member

Sorry Morten, didn't mean that

Quote:
I had a fantastic time in Berlin, and have promised myself to go back, and when I do so, a Union game should be a given. Definetily rather than Hertha.

Same goes here, event though when i've been there, i've been to Hetha

But it was, the legendary 70's side, Borussia Monchengladbach, i was more intersted in, not to mention, it suited well on time with the Anthony and the Johnsons gig

Quote:
You'll have to forgive George, as a greek man, he's only sweet to the women of Scandinavia. And only when they're on vacation. And only when he's on his vespa.

Fabian, don't be mean, on our fundamentals on modern Greek culture. We have to built sth equally, or more important than those of the 3000years back ancestors
Old 04-11-2009, 20:22   #27
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:

Fabian, don't be mean, on our fundamentals on modern Greek culture. We have to built sth equally, or more important than those of the 3000years back ancestors

Haha, yeah, there's definetily a red thread with Stoicism-Pathernon-Socrates-Democracy-inventing money-guy named Stavros with a blonde ponytail treating tourists to sex on the beaches.
Old 04-11-2009, 20:26   #28
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Ah, Anthony Kiedis dated Nina Hagen
Old 04-11-2009, 22:46   #29
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Hertha aren't half bad either (well apart from the football, it's shocking really).
I like Hertha much more than most modern football teams (Hertha was the name of a blue/white river boat, which one of the founders once had a trip on, in his childhood - beautifull!!).
Nice club with an amazing stadion as well as fans who really know how to support their team - when not treating them on their lifes obviously.
But of course there's a difference between a club with a stadion built (renovated) by the fans and one built by, ehm you know...
Old 04-11-2009, 22:51   #30
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Hertha aren't half bad either (well apart from the football, it's shocking really).
I like Hertha much more than most modern football teams (Hertha was the name of a blue/white river boat, which one of the founders once had a trip on, in his childhood - beautifull!!).
Nice club with an amazing stadion as well as fans who really know how to support their team - when not treating them on their lifes obviously.
But of course there's a difference between a club with a stadion built (renovated) by the fans and one built by, ehm you know...

Share your experiences on the relevant thread
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...ead.php?t=6786
Closed Thread