Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 22-09-2013, 19:09   #1
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We won. Marchena played. The rest is more or less to forget.
Old 22-09-2013, 19:12   #2
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

we won but it was not the best game and a lot off things need to be better but first home win so happy
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 19:34   #3
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

This what am expecting from you JD shot on post have been saying this since you and alex have a lot of work to do.
walex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 20:17   #4
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

After the goal, we played a terrible game overall. We really don´t have any winger on the team, which is gonna hurt down the stretch. We were outplayed for 70 minutes, but sometimes it´s better to be lucky than good, as in this case. In the end, 3 very important points to continue within reach of the top, but besides that a poor performance from the team.

Fortunately we had a few players play very well individually..

The good:
-J Dominguez and the back 4 all played well today.
-Marchena debut!
-Luis Fernandez improved our game when he came in for Arizmendi.
-Wilk is improving game by game which is a good sign.

The bad:
-Arizmendi, Culio, Juan Carlos had very bad games uptop.
-We don´t have a good winger on the team.
-We became too relaxed after the goal and Alcorcon had 3 clear chances they blew to tie the game after that.

All in all we won, which is all that matters. But the team really needs to improve alot if we want to have a shot at promotion this season.

FORZA DEPOR!
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 21:21   #5
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Football is very curious. We were superior to Córdoba and Murcia, but lost both games 0-1. Today Alcorcón was superior to us, but we won 1-0. Maybe we had today all the good luck we didn't have on those previous matches.

I'm very happy with the first 30-35 minutes, when we played quite good and created some nice chances. But then, Alcorcón started to take control of the game, we lost the ball posession, and they had the best chances in the 2nd half, that incredibly missed.

About the tactic, IMO the 4-4-2 worked fine at the beginning, with Ariz and Borja in the area, and the arrivals of Juan Carlos, Culio and JD. But maybe that tactic was the cause that we suffered a lot, because we had 1 man less in midfield that our rival, and finally Alcorcón took the control of the ball, and we only could defend. As the minutes were passing and our midfield players were more tired, we started to have serious problems at defence, and Alcorcón could score 1 or 2 goals.

Fortunately, FV was quite right this time with the subs, and the entering of Marchena to play with a 5-4-1 allowed us to play the last minutes with more calm and practically without danger.

Lux: without too much work, but secure.
Laure: progressing. Today he helped in attack more than other days.
M Pablo: Good match, experience and sacrifice, very secure defending, and even attacked a few times, with some nice cross with his left foot.
Alex: as a CB again, quite good for not being his position, although sometimes it was so evident he's not a CB, but did the best he could.
Insua: absolutely brilliant today, amazing. Specially in the 2nd half it was an exhibition. He won all the aerial balls, and specially saved several dangerous plays, specially one to Fernando Sales almost unbelievable. It's true that Alcorcón player maybe was too slow, but the goal seemed so obvious and Insua looked too far to reach the ball. Not only he cut the ball, but also made the ball hit in the striker, to save the corner and get the goal kick for us. I was just in front of the play and couldn't believe it. All the people stood up and started to applaude amazed. He gained a lot of confidence with it, and then had some great actions more until the end, winning again a lot of applausses.
Wilk: progressing. I'm starting to like him a bit more, nice defensive work, not brilliant with the ball, but a good player for the team, well positionated, although physically it's not at the 100%, because in the 2nd half his level use to decrease.
Juan Dominguez: pure class. Today he did a great match, very important in the first 30-35 minutes, when he had more participation, and even scored the goal. Then he disappeared a bit as we didn't have the ball. But any time we have the ball, he is the reference, and the director.
Culio: I'm a bit disappointed with his last performances, I expected much more from him. Sometimes he's desperating, today he lost a lot of balls, specially in the 2nd half. And physically goes down in the last minutes too. I find him a bit slow to play in the wing.
Juan Carlos: very good match. In previous matches, the few minutes he played, was a bit individualist. Today he did a good work for the team, always looked for the pass, and never was individualist. He specially shined in the first minutes, giving the assist to JD for the goal, but was at quite good level during the whole match. In the 2nd half, with Culio exhausted, JC was the main connection for Luis and Bicho.
Arizmendi: Not particulary brilliant today, although his presence as a 2nd striker helped the team in the first minutes.
Borja: like Arizmendi, not particulary brilliant, although he did a good work. Maybe he is more used to play as a lonely striker.
Luis: contributed with more movility in attack, some good moves, although he didn't have clear chances. He also lost some balls after falling down, claiming for foul, maybe it was, because defenders are stronger and veteran than him, but he should learn to raise up inmediately and still playing.
Bicho: the kid lost the first 2 balls he touched today, one of them dangerous. But he's 17, and have to learn this way. After some minutes, recovered the confidence and started to participate, showing some details. It's very good he's having minutes.
Marchena: the boss. He jumped to the pitch with a fast sprint, and in that moment Alcorcón players must have thought: "Oh, no! This is over. With that guy it's going to be impossible." We were suffering a lot those minutes in defence, and entered to form a line of 3 CB. I think Alcorcón didn't have a chance since that. He's called to be very important. Marchena - Insua, what a great partner!

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 23-09-2013 at 09:19.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 21:51   #6
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

A very important 3 points!
Its evident that we are still in transition, the players are still getting used to eachother and improving their fitness with each game.
- Keeping a clean sheet is a big plus
- The return of Marchena = massive
- Juan Carlos, Luis and Bicho are getting minutes. Our fans on the spanish forums are quite impatient, especially with Juan Carlos. Lets not forget that none of these 3 have featured in the first team before, they are very young and getting used to Segunda. All 3 have shown glimpses of their quality, with continuity and patience they will improve.
- Insua= Quality
- We still need wingers, hopefully Nunez will be able to provide some width when he plays. I think Lemos would definately have been playing regularly had he not got injured.

I hope we can now manage to string a few wins together.
Old 22-09-2013, 22:53   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget to vote in the player ratings thread, Peña members!
Old 22-09-2013, 23:48   #8
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkFv642Msc
Old 23-09-2013, 02:49   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The best part is that we defeated one of the best teams in the league. Limitations or not we should end up fighting for a spot among the first 6 places
Old 23-09-2013, 04:37   #10
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Blue Nation i notice u didnt mention Culio cuz honestly I'd give him 0/10 in this game. constantly gave the ball away

I really hope Juan Carlos can develop some more cuz after all these years since valeron was injured we have failed to replace him or keep potential replacements (verdu, Iago etc). Never even replaced Djalminha for that matter, valeron was kinda different.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 05:35   #11
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at the highlights they deserved a draw!

Our depor didn't have control

we were lucky thus vasquaiz must work on the team in terms of ball position
Old 23-09-2013, 09:22   #12
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
Blue Nation i notice u didnt mention Culio cuz honestly I'd give him 0/10 in this game. constantly gave the ball away

I mentioned him, but forgot to put his name in black too. Edited now.

Btw, I agree about his disappointing match.
Old 23-09-2013, 09:27   #13
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Oh, boy! So many chances for Alcorcon!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 10:18   #14
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Will are very lucky thanks God will grap the tree point.
walex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 17:38   #15
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

after watching the highlights, i can tell we are lucky they didn't score they missed many clear chances....

i hope we will improve our game with time
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote