Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-01-2018, 20:26   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA | Jan-07-2018 | matchday 18 | Villarreal 1v1 Depor | Post Match Comments

It wasn't a great game and Villarreal certainly weren't anything special. They took the lead in the 1st half when we were the better side but we looked toothless.

Sidnei went on another rampaging run in the 2nd half and looked up before picking out Andone who equalised with a downward header.

I thought that if we had been a bit more ambitious then we could have taken all the points but having Guilherme, Mosquera and Borges sat just in front of our 4 defenders was overkill.

Out of the relegation zone now with Bilbao doing us a favour against Alaves but I would like to see a lot more from this squad before I can start relaxing a bit.
Old 07-01-2018, 20:45   #2
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Not a bad way to start the year... hope things won't be going downhill from here
Old 07-01-2018, 21:05   #3
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

We were very lucky to get a point out of it. I agree with Rik that in the end, we could have been more ambitious.

Generally a very bad game from Depor especially in Midfield. Gil, Borges and Mosquera had an awful game. The entrance of Colak raises so many questions on why he's on the bench.

And a game with almost no errors from Albentosa
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 21:42   #4
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Andone scores second game in a row. He deserves to be in the starting eleven.
We need to start winning games to catch up the missed points and have a calm second round.
Our problem is that key players have been irregular this season. Look at Sidnei for example. He has quality but is constantly questioning it with some childish mistakes. If we deeg deeper in our players and game we can see why we are actually failing to impress...
If Parallo shows these guys how they can be more regular things will start working I guess.
Next game is though and I think we should have done better to take the 3 points today...

Last edited by tonideportivoBG : 07-01-2018 at 21:49.
tonideportivoBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:28   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidern
Generally a very bad game from Depor especially in Midfield. Gil, Borges and Mosquera had an awful game. The entrance of Colak raises so many questions on why he's on the bench.
Actually, I think they were the best players. They were there to block the game of the rival and they did it.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:50   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
Andone scores second game in a row. He deserves to be in the starting eleven.
We need to start winning games to catch up the missed points and have a calm second round.
Our problem is that key players have been irregular this season. Look at Sidnei for example. He has quality but is constantly questioning it with some childish mistakes. If we deeg deeper in our players and game we can see why we are actually failing to impress...
If Parallo shows these guys how they can be more regular things will start working I guess.
Next game is though and I think we should have done better to take the 3 points today...

despite him scoring he was terrible... he didn't know how to finish two opportunities in the first... sure that adrian or lucas if they were in his position they will get at least a dangerous attempt. the kid is strong and resistant but when it comes to smartness he is not smart.

i think borges was not noticed at all... he needs to be benched as soon as Valverde gets well. concerning the turkish, he gets tired very quick thats why he fits as a one half man.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:59   #7
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Andone is a fighter but he needs Colak to provide him with golden passes, like the one from Sidnei today. We need also to better use our chances, today we reached Villarreal area a lot but the last pass is usually bad.

I wonder what is happening with Juanfran!! he is no way near the level of last season, happy with the point and i agree we could have achieved more if we believed
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:15   #8
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Defense was solid today, and Ruben made the save he was supposed to make
2- Guilherme, Borges and Mosequera all had a terrible game. Good thing Bruno Soriano and Triguerros didn't play today
3- Adrian was a real danger. Deserves to stay in
4- Gil was a little flat, but I will give hive another chance
5- Andone is improving his touches, and if you guys noticed, he didn't make those stupid runs he is used to make, and was putting the ball down and playing with his teammates. He lacks quality, so he needs to work harder than an Adrian or Lucas to overcome that
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:29   #9
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

OH one more thing, please re-watch the highlight of their goal, and look at where Guilherme is standing. It's crazy that this happens every game for the last couple years, without any of the coaches fixing it.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:15   #10
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Good game and good result, we were very close to lose 2-0 but Sidnie saved the day.
I liked Andone spirit , his finishing is not the best but he moves everywhere and fights for the ball, so far he scored same number of goals as Lucas and provided more assists with much less minutes, he deserves the chance for another 2-3 game although I think Criostobal will play with both from now on.
-Good game by Albentose without any mistakes.
-Juanfran is just miserbale, he can't do one correct cross!!!!!
-Ruben was OK, he did his job.
-Mosquera seems amateur whenever he joins the attack, his touch and dribbling is sooo flat, he is a defensive player and thats it, I really feel that he can be great as central defender and moving Schar as central midfielder.
-not a good game by Borges and Guilirhmi.
-Adrian is the best surprise this season.
-If colak can be consistent he will be a great help, yesterday he completely changed the game.
-Gil is not impressing, Bakkali deserves a chance and I hope Cartabia is coming very soon.

Last edited by Deporlover : 08-01-2018 at 09:17.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:15   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

A good solid point at a tough stadium. I actually think we could have won 1-2 had Albentosa not missed from 5 yards out.
We need to build on this and try to get something from the Valencia game.

Happy to see Andone and Colak back in the mix, these guys need to be involved in every game. With players like Lucas, Adrian, Gil and Colak behind him, am sure Andone will score many more goals.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:51   #12
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Actually, I think they were the best players. They were there to block the game of the rival and they did it.

Maybe but they were lost when trying to build up the game.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 14:01   #13
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We need to form a block. We already played with 2 man midfield, but we lost games. Unfortunatlly we need more there - so playing with 3 pivots was the correct choice - also witnested in previous games. I would prefer to move Mosquera in Guilherme's poisition and playing with Borges and Valverde in front of him. (Valverde is currently out, but when he returns that would be a solution). Edu is a nice back up and Emre on one of the positions if we are in a situation to attack.
That also means that its either Andone or Lucas alone upfront with Adrian on the left and someone on the right. (Gil, Bakkali, Valle, Gama). We miss Cartabia to make a difference, but untill then one of those will have to do.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:06   #14
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

This draw has become very valuable as all of our current rivals lost their games.
I'm sure that without Sidnei incredible run we would have lost the game. The players already lost hope, the midfielders didn't add anything to the attacks and Parralo reacted too late with the subs.
There is still room for improvement, but we seemed competitive against a big club like Villareal. Let's hope the team can continue this form and it was not just a single good performance.
Btw I'm still stick to the fact that Andone our best striker and he is able to bring us the desired goals.
Old 09-01-2018, 19:31   #15
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtNFYo_fno&t=5s