Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Current players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current players & coaches Forum for the current players of Deportivo

Old 28-09-2013, 19:19   #1
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road
Default Player topic: Luis Fernández (born 1993, striker)

Name: Luis Fernández Teijeiro
Birthdate: September 27, 1993
Birthplace: Burela (Lugo, Galicia)
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Position: Striker
Career: Deportivo (2013-now), Deportivo B (2011-2013), Deportivo Juvenil A (2010-2011), Deportivo Juvenil B (2009-2010), Ural (2008-2009)

PROFILE: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=654
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 19:37   #2
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I've made a summary with some of his answers from these 2 interviews:

- from riazor.org, 2013/01/17: LF: "Every child who plays in Coruña dreams of being in Depor someday": http://www.riazor.org/luis-fernandez...-dia-al-depor/

- from vavel.com, 2013/03/31: LF: "I'm a Depor fan and want to play here": http://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/depor...ugar-aqui.html

Summary:

Luis Fernandez (Burela, 23/09/1993) is a forward who stood out in the Ural as a natural goalscorer. There was talk of interest from teams like Real Madrid, but finally Deportivo got his signing for youth teams. With details in the field that remind Argentinian Sergio 'Kun' Agüero, the fabrilista striker is one of the hopes of the Depor youth categories to fill the gap left by attackers as Roy Makaay and Diego Tristan.

But before marking the differences in group I of the Third Division, he went through a long tunnel where sometimes didn't see the light at the end. On February 12, 2012, in Ordes, the fabrilista striker suffered a cruciate ligament rupture in his right knee, that even made ​​him consider of quitting football. Eight and a half months later, the Deportivo promising young returned to the fields contributing with his goals to get Fabril into the top of the table and fight for the promotion.

Question (Q), Answer (A):

Q.- How does Luis Fernandez start in football? A.- Honestly, I don't remember at what age I started to play, but the ball was bigger than me. My idols were Totti, Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo Nazario. Being a child also played tennis, but at one point I had to opt for a sport. Obviously, I chose football.

Q.- Are you deportivista from birth? A.- Yes.

Q.- Any special memories related to Depor? A.- The most special was the 4-0 to Milan in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. After the League also (1999-2000) and of course the Centenariazo at Real Madrid.

Q.- If you have not spent as professional football, what do you like to dedicate? A.- I'm studying industrial engineering, so I would love to one day become an engineer.

Q.- How do you combine university studies with playing football? A.- The best I can. I'm studying gradually, not picking all the subjects because that would make it impossible. For the first four months I have 3 subjects, and for the second quarter another 3.

Q.- Your parents always supported you to be a footballer?
A.- Yes, they are pleased that I play football. When I was a child they brought me from Burela to play here, as long as I was passing the school subjects. I have to thank them for all they have done and are doing now for me.

Q.- How does Luis arrive to Deportivo? A.- I was born in Burela, but when I was a child, the situation made me come to Coruña. In my town there was not much level, and to progress and face people of my height, I was brought here to train on Fridays, and competed with them. I was coming and going until my Alevín last year. Then I started to live here, and already trained normally until Cadetes, when I joined Deportivo, just in the step to juveniles. Until then, I was playing in Ural, also in Coruña. It's very nice, every child who plays in Coruña dreams of being in Depor someday. When I was called I felt very happy.

Q.- And once you reach Fabril, are under the command of Tito Ramallo. What do you think of the former coach of Fabril? A.- It's a very special person to me. He was my teacher at the Liceo school, so I already knew him, but apart from the personal side, also in the technical staff his numbers attest his good work. He's been here many years and the results speak for themselves, it won't be me who come here to judge anything, because if he was in front of Fabril for so long, it must have been for something. He was very close to ascend Fabril to the Segunda Division. He was heavily criticized at times, but he's a great coach.

Q.- Last year in your first season in the Fabril suffered a serious knee injury. How was the recovery process? A.- It was long. At first it is very heavy, especially during the first months when the exercises are very slow and you have pain. Once you leave the crutches and start a normal life, it already goes faster. I have to thank my parents, my brother, my girlfriend and my friends for supporting me. Then I must also thank the club for all the attention they have given to me, and especially to those who were with me every day, Santi and Dani (physios) and Nando (physical readapter).

Q.- How does a player live such an injury when has just begun his career? Have you thought about quitting football at some point? A.- Honestly, when I got injured I thought about quitting. That day after the match wanted to quit football. I talked to my parents, but with the help of people like Ramiro Amarelle, Manjarín, or the same Valeron, who spoke with him here - in Abegondo - helped me to succeed. At first, when you are using crutches and can not do normal life, time is infinite, but from there, when you can walk, take the car ... it happens all much faster.

Q.- After a long recovery, in late October of last 2012, Luis got to feel completely footballer again "redebuting" vs Betanzos. He started slowly, but has already become the top scorer of the team and assumes responsibility for the goal. A.- When you go out from a so long injury, you are not going to appear and play the first day. You have to train, go gathering pace, taking shape, that results accompany, and that the coach can give you the opportunity to go entering in the field, to be taking minutes and confidence. The truth is things are going well now, I'm scoring goals and the team is winning. We look forward to continue this way for a long time.

Q.- In winter, Juan Carlos left, one of the key parts of Fabril, and the team started badly the season. It was not being his best season, but, has he been missed? A.- When Juan Carlos left, when you lose such an undisputed player, because he was that on our team, it's clear that affects.

Q.- That downturn in terms of results also coincides in time with one of the most chaotic months in club history. The unpaid, entering bankruptcy ... Has it also affected Fabril? A.- Unpaid debts have nothing to do. We already lived the situation before, and the fact that comes to light doesn't harm us. We knew what situation there was, and it doesn't have to affect us. The club spoke to us when they had to talk, and explained everything.

Q.- Another of the team exits, in this case in the early season, is the one of Iago Beceiro. What do you think about the striker? A.- I get along very well with Iago. Outside the club everyone has his friends, but inside I got along very well with him. We are friends and still in contact. I wish him the best wherever he goes, because he deserves it and has great qualities. For me, and I told my coaches, he was the best player Deportivo had. His head, his character ... one must know how to carry him, know how to speak with him, but he's a very smart guy.

Q.- He is having a hard time after the problems he had with Karpaty. (The Ukrainian club terminated his contract a few weeks ago). A.- It's a pretty big f^cking situation. He had a contract in Ukraine, because he was told here that didn't count on him, he had to look for himself, with the transfer window closed in Spain, and had no other choice than going outside to find something. The manager gave him the solution of Karpaty, which for what he told me, is a club that has no sports infrastructure, and they are not looking for players, only for money. They had a problem with Lucas, who was the star of the team, aparted him, and they "went together", for what he saw the contract rescinded . He is now working and testing with the intention to find a team soon. I hope he succeeds.

Q.- One of those who is following close for the position of 9 is Dani Iglesias ... A.- Actually yes, besides pointing very good manners, we get along great, share opinions, playing in the same position. He's a very nice guy and I also understand great with him on the field.

Q.- With another one that seems there's also a phenomenal understood inside the field is Alvaro Lemos. A.- In the Juvenil "B" he was my best friend and spent a lot of time together. Then he began to play in the Juvenil "A" and we distanced ourselves, but kept in touch. Alvaro is from Santiago, and when we played here, stayed to sleep at my house. On the field he knows how are my moves, he's very good and knows where to put the ball so that I arrive. We complement each other very well.

Q.- A reference ... A.- That man - pointing to Juan Carlos Valerón, laughing, who was a couple of meters during the interview -. Not only in the pitch but also his attitude outside. He's loved and applauded wherever he goes, he's also an example of overcoming, with three cruciate ligament ruptures consecutively, at the 32, 33 and 34, having done everything in football, could have retired and here he is, helping the team and being one of the best if not the best. Giving the face, for me he is a crack.

Q.- Have you been coached by Valerón? A.- No, by Bodipo.

Q.- What image do you have from him? A.- For me he is a very funny and very sympathetic, as he used to say: "joy in the hearts". In the training sessions he put the music, told jokes ... Honestly, for me it was very good player. He moved and finished very well, what I don't know is in which situation he was, so I can't give an opinion. I think he deserved more, but I say this watching from outside.

Q.- The best goal you have seen ... A.- Maradona's against England or Messi's against Getafe. All Messi goals are great goals, all of them has something to teach you.

Q.- Is Messi the best player of the world? A.- Yes, the only one who could make some shadow to him is Cristiano Ronaldo, but although he's in a spectacular moment right now, I stick with Messi.

Q.- One of the goals you scored that comes into your head ... A.- One from the middle of the field in Alevines. At that age I hardly could reach the goal with the ball at that distance. I saw the goalie a bit advanced, shot with all my strength and finally the ball passed over him. But that was a long time ago - he confesses nostalgic -.

Q.- A partner in the field. A.- Álvaro Queijeiro.

Q.- The toughest match of your career ... A.- Against SD Club Órdenes last year, 2012, for the injury.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 13:08   #3
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Oh, no! Coached by Bodipo! Suddenly I am not that optimistic anymore.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Great stuff Xose! Heartening to see all the youngsters getting on well with each other.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 17:11   #5
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

The little Luis
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 18:27   #6
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

cool!! excellent prospect he is.. hopefully he will fulfill his potential here..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 10:23   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Any news on why he was left out of the list of picked players last week?
Old 26-02-2014, 11:43   #8
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

FV said, he had his reasons, and he talked it with the player. So I suppose it was nothing.
Old 29-03-2014, 12:02   #9
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Luis make my dream come true in todays match I dream u score a great goal and waiting to celebrate it go on boi
Old 31-03-2014, 12:59   #10
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

He's been out for a while, so it could be 2 or 3 games before he returns to his level, providing FV gives him a chance that is.
Old 31-03-2014, 17:09   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know, he gave me a pretty poor impression to be honest. Except for one good run he made when he was incorrectly flagged for offside, I thought he was pretty awful. What worried me most is that he often seemed lazy, not making any runs, just standing still waiting for the ball. Toché is injured and Ifran is completely out of form right now. Borja is the only logical choice to start imo, yet he's the one who gets overlooked right now.
Old 31-03-2014, 23:14   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I don't know, he gave me a pretty poor impression to be honest. Except for one good run he made when he was incorrectly flagged for offside, I thought he was pretty awful. What worried me most is that he often seemed lazy, not making any runs, just standing still waiting for the ball. Toché is injured and Ifran is completely out of form right now. Borja is the only logical choice to start imo, yet he's the one who gets overlooked right now.

agree on that he was hiding among defenders, he needs to do much more especially with FV system that doesn't help any striker
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43   #13
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

It's called de-motivation
Old 01-04-2014, 14:20   #14
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
It's called de-motivation

I totally agree, same case with many players we had.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:06   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

We throw out talents in the rubbish.