Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 11-10-2013, 00:23   #1
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road
Default ex-Player topic: Teles (born 1993, midfielder)

Name: Paulo Sérgio Rodrigues Teles
Birthplace: Funchal (Madeira, Portugal)
Birthdate: 1993/03/30
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Position: Centre midfielder
Career: Deportivo B (2012-now), Benfica Juvenil (2010-2012), Benfica Cadete (2009-2010), Maritmo Cadete (2008-2009), Maritimo Infantil (2007-2008), Maritimo Infantil B (2006-2007), Maritimo Alevin (2004-2006)

Profile: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=667

Last edited by caabrego : 29-07-2014 at 23:08.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 00:35   #2
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Although not officially a 1st team player, he trains with the 1st squad and has been also regularly in the list of picked players. He already made his debut in Copa vs Córdoba and also last weekend in Liga, vs Mirandés, the last minutes. Considering we have only 3 natural midfielders (Alex, Wilk, Juando), he would be the 4th, and the natural substitute of Juando, as a creative midfielder, because Alex and Wilk are both DM, so I guess he should have enough minutes during this season.

Summary with some of his answers to interviews from :
-riazor.org (2012/12/07): http://www.riazor.org/teles-cuando-v...cio-increible/
-vavel.com (2013/01/19): http://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/depor...er-equipo.html

Paulo Teles Sergio Rodrigues, known in the football world as Paulo Teles, "although I prefer being called Sergio", is a Portuguese footballer who arrived last summer, 2012, to Depor youth categories. He initially came to be tested along with the rest of José Luis Devesa's pupils. After passing the tests and being announced as the new reinforcement for Fabril, Teles soon won the confidence of the coach.

At first he seems like a not very chatty and shy guy, but as the minutes went by, the introverted footballer gained confidence and, laughing, lengthened the answers, passing from being a meeting between two strangers to look like a dialog among friends. It's said that in the city of A Coruña "no one is a stranger", which Teles gives full credibility since has felt "wrapped from the moment I arrived," both in everyday life and at work.

Question/Answer:

Q.- After some time testing in the summer time, you convinced José Luis Devesa and stayed in the Fabril, already being a starter in the first league match. Better adaptation impossible, right? A.- Yes, I feel very good. The truth is that I started very well with Fabril, even scored a goal in the first match. When I arrived here , I already thought, always, that I was going to stay, because I really liked the town, which is very nice, and the club, which is very good. I came with the aim of reaching the first team and I'm working for it.

Q.- Being a player who likes to combine and move all around the center of the field, have you been favoured for the philosophy and style of ball possession that Devesa has implemented? A.- Yes. Now in Fabril*I am playing a different position, more midfielder than playmaker. I like both positions. Since childhood I was playmaker, but over the years I have been delaying my position and now I play more in midfield. I like going down to receive and build the game but I feel equally comfortable in both positions although perhaps I like a bit more attack. What Devesa wants, his style and phylosophy, I love it, and help us to play very well. I'm very happy to play this way, and bit by bit I'm improving .

Q.- What encouraged you, at your 19 years, to travel from your land to a completely new country? A.- Since childhood I have had to move. With only 15 years old, I had to leave the island of Madeira to Lisbon, leaving my family and my friends. That was much more complicated, because I was very small. The world of football is that way, it has its difficulties. Now I have grown , so coming to Spain didn't cost me too much, because I come here searching for a dream, I like Spain a lot and want to make career in this country.

Q.- Last summer, 2012, when you signed for Deportivo, it was a very similar contract to the one you previously had at Benfica. A.- Yes, I had a 3 years contract with Benfica too, and they wanted to send me on loan, but Depor wanted me only in property and not on loan. The two clubs negotiated, it was a complicated operation. After a week of testing, I signed here with the same contract I had there.

Q.- For many years, Benfica has been one of the best talent factories in Portugal, while Deportivo is not as advanced in the development of the youngsters. Are there many differences in the care of youth football between both teams? A.- Benfica are a very big team, but I think Deportivo also have all the conditions to work well and take many players from the homegrown. The facilities are the same, and for me it's not better Benfica's work than Depor's, it seems practically the same. To me, Depor's way of working the homegrown seems good.

Q.- During the last month (november 2012), you trained with the first team several days. How was the experience? A.- I like to train with them because that's my target. Everybody welcomed me very well and didn't looked at me as a child, just as any one else.

Q.- Who was the player who surprised you the most? A.- Valerón. He's awesome, has a lot of quality. He's a player that has endless possibilities of producing goals. He doesn't miss a ball, is very good, and I really liked him a lot. I had been told about him, but when I saw him, I asked: "but how old is he?" And I found it amazing.

Q.- Are you one of those who argue that "El Flaco" should be always a* starter? A.- Maybe he shouldn't have to play all the time, but should be always a starter, because he's a player who makes the difference. When playing Valeron, the team is another.

Q.- With the passing of the season, his progression, and the weight he's gained in the dressing room, have made the Galician team management think of Teles as a player for the future of Depor. And the renovation has arrived: january 2013, Teles extends his contract with Depor until 2019. A.- The idea is to be here, to grow and reach the first team. It's my target and I wish that happens.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 11-10-2013 at 02:37.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Yet another youngster who praises Valeron highly. Just think of the influence he would have on these guys if he was still here? Of all the annoying things that've happened in the past years, his departure is the one big stain on Lendoiro's copybook.

I like Teles. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to him. It seems many of our recent managers favour functionality over creativity.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:13   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Profile: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=667
Old 31-01-2014, 17:48   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

He will be loaned!
Old 31-01-2014, 17:57   #6
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

definitely talented and needs playing time.. he has excellent vision and passing abilities needs to find his match rhythm going..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:42   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be nice if gets playing time, but we will have problems at our team. Only Wilk, Alex and JD are CM so we are completely without alternatives. Improvised with Juancarlos or Marchena and that is about it. We should have signed a replacment as even Fabril lacks players for this position.

Last edited by Iztok : 01-02-2014 at 09:48.
Iztok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35   #8
hari

Peña Member

i think its alright.. its just for half a season and it can be managed with other players.. the important thing is that Teles should get playing time and improve his level which won't happen with Fabril..
Old 01-02-2014, 10:55   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

We're trusting that he'll get many minutes on loan. What if he doesn't? I would have preferred to see him concentrate at Fabril for the second part of the season.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:14   #10
hari

Peña Member

anything can happen.. he can stay at Fabril and pick up an injury that rules him out of the season.. whats then? at least he'll be playing at Segunda 'B' instead of Tercera.. and if he has the level required, surely they will use him regularly..
Old 01-02-2014, 14:35   #11
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Is good for him so that will quick grow up as player
Old 01-02-2014, 15:30   #12
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

He left kind of 'Thank you message' to Depor fans on his Facebook. Wish good luck to him!
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 16:30   #13
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

I read an article today that talks about youth player's development and how it needs:

1- the right coach

2- the right group of players, experienced and high level of football

we lack both this season, but there is the prospect of next season!
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:21   #14
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I do think the most important for one player is to have minutes. As long as this guy gaining confidence and games he will be okey. But standing on the bench enjoying how your teammates play, its not a good job. For me this is the right decision if he is playing there then its okey.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:12   #15
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

I hope, and I really think, that Teles will play a lot of minutes there, mainly because the coach of CD Guijuelo is from A Coruña, Rubén de la Barrera, only 29 years old, and who seems to be doing a great work there.