Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 12-12-2003, 21:00   #166
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peņa Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalminha
Deportivo played a brilliant game

With all my respect I found this to be a little overstatement...

Depor is supposed to be a technically and indivisually suporior team than PSV, let's not forget that. And we really should have won the game yesterday also---if our players were better trained physically, played with more PRECISION, etc,. Instead, I saw a frustrating level of inprecision in our play..esp. the defense, they sometimes kicked the balls without even looking where to, not to mention some other rather low-leveled mistakes the defense made. We also have the capacity to play w/ more organization and ideas, but these were not presented on the field yesterday.

I can see the boys wanted to win this game very much. And I'm glad the mission is accomplished. But frankly I'm not very happy of the level they showed, because they could do better than that.

Quote:
lets see who we get - I want to beet the crap out of Juve...

SO DO I. But not in current forms-- You saw how much we suffered from PSV's better physical shapes and long passes---from those aspects there Juve is only better than PSV, not to mention on individual level you can't compare PSV w/ Juve...

We definitely have to improve our physical level .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip 14
depor cant simply take on teams like manu,chelse,ars,juve.........

They are out of cl now.............surely!!!!!!!!!!!!

However I believe we can do better than last night. And how to improve our players' physical levels will be crucial. In Feb, when CL restarts, hopefully our players will be in better shape than now. I don't agree at all w/ dip's pessimism. When our players get back to their level we can " take on" any team. And dip don't forget we actually beat some of those teams before ...

Unfortunately I saw only the 2nd half so I missed Depor's supposed good part of the game. But judging from what we're experiencing lately, well, it makes sense. There's definetely a very tired team out there, physically as well as mentally...

Before the match, I was sure that Irureta was aiming for 1st place in the group, expecting Monaco to leave points in Athens. And that was still his intention after 1-2, especially after 2-2. But players' feet seemed too "heavy" to follow, weighing like 200 kilos each or something (of course, this attitude has also to do with mentality issues but that's another story)...

There's no point arguing about our low physical level currently, I agree 100% with your remarks. Our physical / mental condition and stamina status determin significant elements of our performance and general behaviour, "preventing" us from functioning with "clear mind" on the pitch. Poor pass completion, lack of co-ordination, low self-confidence, lack of imagination and pace, predictable moves, "fragile" defensive structure, unforced errors, insecurity, moments of panic etc etc, all this and more occur inevitably.

However, I'm not ready to adopt the implications hidden under your statement "...if our players were better trained physically..." (if I read you right, if not forgive me...). I can only assume that our training program's priorities were to prepare the squad for our early fixtures (against Rosemborg and so on), which seems like a logical possibility to me (of course, theoretically speaking, there do exist other options to explain current situation, but I'm terrified even to think about them...). If that's the case, we came into shape too early so now it must be one of those periods... Which, judging from my experience, I hope that it won't last for long... Anyway, only a professional coach could consult us on this matter, or an "insider" maybe...

In any case, our squad needs "refreshment" and I'm already looking forward to the midseason transfer window. I'm not dreaming -I wish I was- but I always hope that our scout network is seeking for cheap yet effective new signings. My opinion, as expressed in previous posts, is that we need more "power" in certain positions (while it's more than obvious that some players need a rest but Irureta lacks reliable alternatives). We have kept on track so far (considering recent heavy schedule, injuries etc), even if things could -and should- have been a little bit better. But, unfortunately, high ambitions match with high requirements, as simple as that. We cannot always rely on exceeding our limits...
George Mitsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 23:38   #167
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i wish i could see a european game.being in little barbados wont present that opportunity for a while ( saing that im only 18). hopefully i will get to watch a live game with any european club.

i envy the atmosphere that i see
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 01:17   #168
Marius

Marius is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mitsou
Unfortunately I saw only the 2nd half so I missed Depor's supposed good part of the game.

Well, in this case you didn't miss much. I don't think the 1st half was good. This whole match was somewhat below-par.

Quote:
I can only assume that our training program's priorities were to prepare the squad for our early fixtures[/b] . If that's the case, we came into shape too early so now it must be one of those periods... Which, judging from my experience, I hope that it won't last for long...

Preseasonal training's prioity is indeed to prepare players to get back in shape from vacation for early fixures, however I was not talking about preseasonal training, but the daily training programs.We are obviously not the only team in the world that plays one match every 3 days but I see our overall physical conditions quite poor comparing to other teams of the same level.

Of course the possible causes are many, one of them might be that Irureta doesn't really rotate, and rotation system w/ our bench depth means risks---which I'm not sure Irureta is the kind of coach for that , but I also suspect the daily phyical training program in the club maybe is not as demanding as it should be?

Quote:
Anyway, only a professional coach could consult us on this matter, or an "insider" maybe...

Obsolutely. I mentioned this possibility because there was a thread earlier in this forum about the physical preparations of Depor from what a ( supposedly) "insider " told one of our participants here, commenting that Depor players being "lazy" in training,etc,....you can look it up...it's an interesting thread...
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 14:11   #169
Ekholm
Veteran

Peņa Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Which thread do you mean Marius??
I think the training and those stuffs are very interesting. I'd like to discuss it but really... is this the right thread to discuss training and the physically condition?
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 14:48   #170
Marius

Marius is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkholmSWE

That was an earlier thread on this forum, before I joined it( so it should be before October at least). Sorry I can't remember exactly when but it should be within this year...

Quote:
I think the training and those stuffs are very interesting. I'd like to discuss it but really... is this the right thread to discuss training and the physically condition?
No it is not. But I was responding to a post here...
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 15:48   #171
Mattias
Peņa Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...opic.php?t=737
Old 14-12-2003, 11:04   #172
Ekholm
Veteran

Peņa Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Thanks Mattias!!
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2003, 12:29   #173
Hollanda
Beginner

Hollanda is off the scale

What a pity. We played quite good, erached the 2-0 but then it was Luque scoring. I even warned my brother, saying Luque is a great player with a trem,endous shot when he came in. The free kick was great but the keeper should have got it. If it would have been stopped, I do not know if Depor would have made it.

And for the supporter in the away section complaining about the nets: I agree, but when Dutch clubs like Ajax, Feyenoord or Den Haag come, they demolish everything and in the past threw a lot of things into the section below yours. And believe me, a plastic chair on your head is not cool at all.

Anyway, 10 points and still out of the competition is irritating. I wish we did betetr in the first two matches.

See you next year!
Hollanda is offline   Reply With Quote