Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 15-05-2014, 21:17   #4906
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Mourinho will be in Waregem's stadium tonight, to watch Thorgan Hazard.

I hope I'll get the chance to strangle him with my Depor scarf

So, you've fished it out of the bin then?

I can think of no better use for the Depor scarf!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 02:53   #4907
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by *deportivo*
we win the game against bonyodkor I can see goals of forum and thank you for forum and I think it was very good match for us

Did you see the match?

congrats, no I didn't watch the game, I slept early but I watched the summary, Bonyodkor were awful.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 07:25   #4908
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange old line up for the Libertadores semis with San Lorenzo, Bolivar, Nacional of Paraguay and Defensor Sporting.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 11:37   #4909
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
So, you've fished it out of the bin then?

I can think of no better use for the Depor scarf!!
It's been hanging proudly in my room for a year now

Poor Hazard. Mourinho only watched the first half, and Waregem was awful. Then Mourinho left at half-time, and Thorgan played a great second half. It's a bit strange Mourinho comes all the way to Waregem to watch 40 minutes of the first half... Oh well.
Old 16-05-2014, 18:54   #4910
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

Yesterday was the end of drama in Russian League. Winter favourites - Zenit and Lokomotiv started to lose points and CSKA ended as champion with 10 wins. Good season for Loko (3rd) and CSKA, bad for AWB's Zenit and Spartak. Spartak ended as 6th, missed eurocups. 10 years without titles, poor red-white fans.
Tjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 09:31   #4911
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
It's been hanging proudly in my room for a year now

Poor Hazard. Mourinho only watched the first half, and Waregem was awful. Then Mourinho left at half-time, and Thorgan played a great second half. It's a bit strange Mourinho comes all the way to Waregem to watch 40 minutes of the first half... Oh well.

the inflated ego he has, he thinks he only needs 5 minutes to judge a player, never disliked a coach like him!
Old 17-05-2014, 22:20   #4912
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
the inflated ego he has, he thinks he only needs 5 minutes to judge a player, never disliked a coach like him!
I used to think he's a good coach, despite the fact that he's utterly unlikeable. But he went completely off the handle at Real Madrid. Can't stand him anymore either.

Thank god, Waregem has secured its Europa League ticket! We have 1 matchday left (to be played at Club Brugge tomorrow), but we're already certain to finish fourth, which is the same position we started the play-offs in. Anyway, the fourth of Play-Off I is supposed to play the winner of Play-Off II for the last Europa League ticket.

In Play-Off II, the teams that finished 6th to 14th get divided in two groups. The winners of these groups play a 2-leg final against each other (this year KV Oostende and our big local rivals KV Kortrijk). And the winner of thát final gets to play another 2-leg final against the fourth of Play-Off I (which is my team Waregem this year). Still following?

Well, Oostende didn't get their license to play in Europe next season, so if Oostende beat Kortrijk, Waregem wouldn't have to play Oostende anymore. Had Kortrijk won, we would've had to play two games against our big rivals for the Europa League ticket, which would've been hard after this long season. Fortunately, Oostende won. The first leg in Kortrijk finished 2-2, as did the return game today. Oostende came from behind twice. Kortrijk seemed to score the winning goal in the 89th minute, but Oostende equalised in injury time. Even in the penalty series Oostende had to come from behind to end up winning 7-6.

Pretty stressful game to watch. Europe again!
Old 18-05-2014, 09:42   #4913
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Good luck, Greg, let us know what happens to your promotion!
Old 20-05-2014, 19:27   #4914
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjorni
Yesterday was the end of drama in Russian League. Winter favourites - Zenit and Lokomotiv started to lose points and CSKA ended as champion with 10 wins. Good season for Loko (3rd) and CSKA, bad for AWB's Zenit and Spartak. Spartak ended as 6th, missed eurocups. 10 years without titles, poor red-white fans.
what about Fakel Voronezh, Tjorni?

congrats to RSCA in Belgium! I still dislike them!

3 times Greek Champion Aris, that played 0-0 Man. City in 2011, and beat twice ATMA in 2010 autumn, got relegated. We spoke about this team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPrkoQFVqo

sooner or later the better teams are in segunda.

btw: the goal that makes the difference between profis and half-profis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cIxIbyPgJc

Last edited by DepHun : 20-05-2014 at 19:30.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 20:02   #4915
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

This time Anderlecht actually took advantage of the play-offs. The fact that Standard managed to get 4 more points than Anderlecht in all 40 games of the season, but Anderlecht still wins the title, is downright absurd. Dumbest league system in history. The FA's response? "It's exciting!" Well, if you take away half the points after the regular league, of course it's exciting. A win isn't worth 3 points anymore in the regular season, it's worth 1.5.

The fact that Anderlecht can play like crap for an entire season and end up winning the league... Belgian football is getting worse each and every year. And why? Because the five big club are being run by idiots. De Witte has run Gent into the ground completely. Degraen is doing the same at Genk, where they let all talents leave for free and end up buying crap from other countries. Verhaeghe at Club Brugge spends millions on average players who aren't worth half the price they pay for, and is then surprised they can't reach Champions League. Duchatelet at Standard is too pathetic for words.

And the worst for last, Van Holsbeeck at Anderlecht has one of the strongest youth academies in Europe and a budget of 40 million, yet manages to do nothing with it. He's completely destroyed the biggest institution of Belgian football, yet pats himself on the back for winning one of the weakest leagues in Europe just half the time. His favorite tactic? Throwing away millions to buy the best players of the main rivals during winter, in order to handicap them.
Old 22-05-2014, 08:24   #4916
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
what about Fakel Voronezh, Tjorni?
Will finish second or third in 3rd russian division (as segunda b) and will miss a promotion.

15 years ago we had second best home attendance in Premier Liga (after Spartak Moscow) and now we are doomed to survive in 3rd liga. Shame for a city with one million people. And a situation will not become better because for some political reasons Voronezh isn't included in 2018 world championship.
Tjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 22:09   #4917
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

My ex-team Moeskroen is finally back in first division!

Well, Excelsior Moeskroen disappeared actually, but they "merged" with Peruwelz and formed the current Royal Moeskroen-Peruwelz. They play in Excelsior's old stadium and still use their old youth facilities and such.

Very surprising to see them make the jump already. They managed to surprise in the play-offs for the last promotion ticket. Forza Excelsior! It's a shame they didn't call the new club Excelsior Moeskroen-Peruwelz by the way... I'll still call them Excelsior anyway
Old 23-05-2014, 07:17   #4918
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Parma 2 or 3 (ND Gorica) won the slovenian cup beating champions Maribor in the final. It was a very strange feeling as only one slovenian player was in the starting line-up, one Brazilian and the rest were Italians.

Oh well, otherwise Gorica would be bankrupt and in 5th league so not all is bad.
Old 23-05-2014, 19:18   #4919
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjorni
And a situation will not become better because for some political reasons Voronezh isn't included in 2018 world championship.
thanks Tjorni. can you please pm me links, where I could read after this? even if Russian. thanks.
Old 31-05-2014, 22:46   #4920
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

The Fiji U20 team qualified for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup! This is the first time in history that any Fijian side has qualified for any World Cup!! Its huge for us!!! It was double celebration for me since Fiji qualified for world cup and Depor got promoted!!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote