Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 24-02-2017, 11:51   #5026
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

what else they were supposed to do?
It's either:
- sack him and look ridiculous and get a lot of bad press, which is good press
- keep him, go down, and nobody talks about Leicester anymore
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 19:18   #5027
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

congrats Filip for Slavia.

this is for the children of yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDR0DQjG04
Old 19-06-2017, 09:53   #5028
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-ride-crotone

his kid was killed when bicycling on the road...
Old 18-08-2017, 15:15   #5029
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Remember the team from my city and the stories about the Macedonian league?

Well, we are on our way to LE group phase.

In the second qualifying phase of CL, we eliminated Malmo (3-1, 1-1).
Then we beat Copenhagen in Skopje with 1-0, and the Danish side was leading 2-1 on the return leg at the moment when they got red card, 15 minutes till the end of game.
But, even with red card they scored twice and smashed our champions league or league europe dreams (beating Copenhagen meant LE group stage at least).

Then the sponsor of the club said that he is leaving the club. We lost the derby game in the domestic championship last sunday, 4 days before the first leg against Fenerbahce.

Remember Kameni, the ex goalkeeper of Espanyol which caused us a lot of problems in the past?
Well he conceeded 2 goals yeterday and the second one was outstanding own goal of Mehmet Topal
For the first one, Topal made a big mistake and Skrtel was awfull in the defence.

VARDAR-Fenerbahce 2-0
The guests were having total possesion with many chances. We scored 2 goals from one shot
Pitty that our captain got silly red card on the end of the game.

I'm not sure that this will be enough for the return game, but it will be fantastic if we reach the group stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnmfypU0JHQ
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 08:35   #5030
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

congrats Marko! I watched your outstanding results throughout the summer without knowing the background stories. I hope you can park the bus to the right place. I have nothing against Fener, but Vardar would deserve this.

Is it the Russian oligarch, involved in handball, who left?
Old 24-08-2017, 20:39   #5031
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Marko

Tremendous achievement from your club.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 23:34   #5032
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907

Great job by Vardar. Congrats Marko.

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 07:59   #5033
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Marko, take it easy
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 16:07   #5034
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

A group featuring Zenit St Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenburg and Vadar. I surpose will can call it the Group of Darth
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 19:26   #5035
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
A group featuring Zenit St Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenburg and Vadar. I surpose will can call it the Group of Darth
congrats Marko. any plans for a trip to Trondheim or Donostia/San Sebastian? I dont think Leningrad is do-able because of the visa...
Old 27-08-2017, 12:26   #5036
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Thank you guys

This was hell of a year for our clubs.
Our woman handball team played in the CL final, our male handball team reach the title in the male CL and now we qualify for the football LE.

I must admit I didn't expect this qualification, even if we beat Fener with 2-0 in Skopje. But, the truth is that we played much better in the second leg, once again having luck to score another goal thanks to the bad connection of their keeper and defence. Still, Fener didn't have many chances as we expected, and after the first goal, we could have scored at least 3-4 goals.
Great performance by the home fans, which were chanting VARDAR, VARDAR on the end
I have the feeling that the Fener players somehow underestimate our team in the first leg, and the pressure in the returning leg was too big for them.
It's silly that they are paying big salaries to a players that were famous in the past, but doing nothing now. I was so dissapointed from the level of Van Persie, it's big surprise to see him back in the Dutch national squad.

Vardar is a team without any famous player.
It's a mix of Macedonian players, some of them were playing for the U-21 squad that was playing on the EC this year and few players from Armenia, Georgia and Ukraine. Still, our best player is Brasilian. We had only 6 foreign players in the squad and if we take in mind that we are 150 on the FIFA ranking, the succses is even bigger.

Macedonian football is going in positive direction, especially because Vardar and Shkendija have much better budgets than in the past. THe budget of 3-4M is stiill far from the European average, but much better than the other Macedonian teams. Shkendija was eliminated in the LE play-off phase two years in a row, with easy elimination of a teams like Helsinki, Mlada Boleslav, Cracovia, Neftchi and Dacia.
I hope for even better days in the future.
We had many problems in the second CL qualification leg for years, getting opponents like BATE, APOEL, Steaua, Dinamo Zagreb and finally we eliminated Malmo in the 5-th occasion.
We were on our way to eliminate Copenhagen, but the inexperience in this matches was crucial for us. Still, we managed to beat Fenerbahce twice.
In six matches against teams like Malmo, Copenhagen and Fener, we have a score 4-1-1 with a GD of 10-7.

Now, it's very hard for us to keep some of the players. One of our best players is going in Ferencvaros. What a silly move...
Two foreign players already signed for the team, especially because we lost our unique striker, few days before the first match against Fenerbahce.

The group is very hard, and the most dissapointing thing is that all of the teams are far away from Macedonia. DepHun, I guess that if I will go on a away game, the choice will be San Sesbastian on the Sociedad game.
I hope that we will win some points, because we need to do everything to make our coefficient much better for the future.

About the other question. Yup, Sergey Samsonenko is the main sponsor in the three clubs, FC, HC and WHC Vardar.
He is having eerything in his hands in the handball, but in the football he is just giving the money, and others are leading the club. As everything on the Balkan, it's a mix of political games and suspicious bussines behind the scene.
He is giving a money in Vardar and on the other side he is having many bussines in construction indrustry. He lift Vardar on another level, buy building a youth academy, many pitches and a handball halla which is one of the best in Europe. Many of the ex-Vardar players from Yugoslavia are involved in the club.
But, after the big changes on the Macedonian political scene and the dominant pro-American influence insteed of the Russian influece that was evidental in the past years, he said that he is leaving all three clubs on the end of the season, coming back in Russia.
Anyway, that may be just a political trick, because after that announcment we can see only positive changes in the football club. On the other hand, it seems that he will really left the handball clubs
It's interesting that he made the same statement as many other sponsors of Vardar in the past. When they want to stop sponsoring our club, they are saying that they are insulted by the fans and they can't pay the charges of pyro and for some banners against UEFA in this case. It's funny that when they are coming in Vardar, they are saying that they come just because of the fans lol

We shall see what will happened in the end. It's time for joy now
Zenit is coming in Skopje, 3 weeks from now.
Old 28-08-2017, 08:32   #5037
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko
Thank you guys
Now, it's very hard for us to keep some of the players. One of our best players is going in Ferencvaros. What a silly move...
in Hungary the state - with tricks - sponsors Ferencváros, Videoton and Felcsút Puskás Academy (the team of the village, where our Viktator was born). so Ferencváros and Videoton have a 10 million EUR budget, while Puskás Academy reportedly has a similar budget for its youth academy, which is a very nice sum even on European level for farmhouses.
Old 28-08-2017, 13:50   #5038
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Guess what, we have similiar academy in the first league.
FC Academy Goran Pandev
Pandev come back in the national team two years ago and his team advanced from the forth league to the first league in 3 seasons.

It seems that the Hungarian league is a nice place for our football players, cause they are often making nice transfers after playing in your league.
But, still the transfer of our player Spirovski in Ferenc is preety silly. He is 27 years old and didn't have great international career before moving to Vardar where he regain his potential from the youth days. And now, when we qualify for the LE phase he is leaving. It seems he already signed the deal, before the Fenerbahce days.
Enes Bardhi that scored against Depor was also playing in your league,
Old 28-08-2017, 15:04   #5039
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907

Quote:
Thank you guys

I was so dissapointed from the level of Van Persie, it's big surprise to see him back in the Dutch national squad.

me too,

RVP is one of the most famous players all around the world and his skills are undispusted. but cant believe what happened him this season.

IMO ,he must leave Not only from Fenerbahce, also football

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 16:00   #5040
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Enes Bardhi that scored against Depor was also playing in your league,
yep, for Újpest owned by the Duchatelet clan.