Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Current players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current players & coaches Forum for the current players of Deportivo

Old 15-04-2013, 17:39   #16
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, I paid attention to the whole Riki/Pizzi thing in the previous two games (not including Levante of course), and I really don't see it. Pizzi and Riki seem to pass to each other whenever they think it's the best option. I don't see them avoiding each other on the pitch. And on top of that, I think these two get along perfectly.

Here you can see Riki seeking out Pizzi to congratulate him (0:30). I don't see why two people who get along fine would avoid each other on the pitch. And I really haven't noticed that anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfdYrNbA2Y

And also, if you look at his goal celebration against Levante, you'll see he actually imitated Riki's celebration move (kissing his wrist). Almost seemed like he did that just for Riki.

Last edited by deporiginal : 15-04-2013 at 17:43.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 01:30   #17
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

About Jose Luis Vara, emblematic Depor player in the 80's, I found this video in memoriam of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJqz5Vxc0w

He had been remembered at the Riazor in 2009, after his decease:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8-pxq0mIk
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:51   #18
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
About Jose Luis Vara, emblematic Depor player in the 80's, I found this video in memoriam of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJqz5Vxc0w

He had been remembered at the Riazor in 2009, after his decease:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8-pxq0mIk

Thanks
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52   #19
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am not surprised that Deák has a muscular injury after just one training at Depor. He has never experienced such an intensive training in Srb, Hun or at Fabril...
The same can be a problem for oldy Kaka...
Old 01-08-2013, 13:16   #20
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

After the agreement, now I am awaiting JuanDo and AlexB alongside with Laure to forgive 33% of their demands on behalf of the future of the club. They won the legal battle now it is time to show some legendary, club-icon behaviour. Following them, it is the same for Manny P. and Dani A.
Old 01-08-2013, 18:46   #21
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

I am sthil pissed off at all the players even now things are solved if I was there i woud whistel every god singel on off them more even dani and manuel pablo
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:46   #22
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I don't get this hate for the players. Futbol is their job. If my employer stops paying me... I don't go to work, it's that simple. They deserve every penny of their contracts. It's pretty disgraceful that Depor has so much outstanding debt with former players.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28   #23
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I have to say that I'm dismayed (that's the nice word for what I'm feeling!) at the criticism of the players. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course, and maybe there are cultural differences at play in these situations, but IMO they were 100% right in their actions.

http://deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=5352
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01   #24
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

One has to realise the terms of "contract", "salaries" etc, within the general financial situation he lives in.

I would say that 2-3 years back i wouldn't understand the meaning of the above sentence
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05   #25
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said before, I wouldn't even blame the players for demotion. I don't like the attitude, but they had a very valid point. Looking for a scapegoat in players or a single one - MP is ridiculus. The banks and tax agency and other creditors have all the power to decide and they could reach an agreement far before.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43   #26
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I have to say that I'm dismayed (that's the nice word for what I'm feeling!) at the criticism of the players. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course, and maybe there are cultural differences at play in these situations, but IMO they were 100% right in their actions.
yes, they were right. but Javier Brea Amigo and Francisco Taibo Cruz (both around 6000 EUR) taxi or bus-drivers or company Autocares Vazquez SA (40.000 EUR) and Hermanos Pallas SL (60.000 EUR) would have been right about their debts. Not to mention the suppliers of maintainence services, furniture makers, health service of Alto Rendimento (65.000 EUR), stadium cleaning company Josberlimp SL (30.000 EUR), gardening company Sumiagro SA (25.000), city waste management company (4500 EUR), Hotel Liceo La Paz in A Coruna (60.000), transport company of Coruna and Maritimos (2500 and 4000 EUR) and several energy companies. Still all these accepted to forgive 33% of their debts to Depor. Just like doctors, advisers, PR companies, advertising agency for the ads inside the stadium (Audiovisual SA, 165.000 EUR), everybody accepted the forgiveness, although they all worked for their money, they have contracts, they fullfilled their activity, they should have also got their money. Or not?
There was only one group of people who did not forgive anything to the club: the players.

Maybe this is not true, but it seems so very much. I know the players should have forgiven much more money, but I can imagine, that for a bus or taxi driver 6000 EUR is very close to 4 monthes of salary as well...

datas from here:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5...ebtcci0001.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8...ebtcci0002.jpg

Source is Xosé and La Voz.

But pointing out Manny P. is bad. He was like a trade unionist, and I am not sure, whether he fought for himself, or rather for the youngsters...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57   #27
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

So, on one hand the players would be called legends and club heros if they forgive 33% of their wages, but on the other they are called creditors of the club (like a cleaning or gardening company) and/or mercenaries if they don't. Golden rule is not to screw your family out of money. If your players are not considered your family, there is no club.

I can see what your saying, Kalman. But I have no sympathy for the other creditors you list. It was sheer bad management on their behalf to let things go so far and they deserve to pay the consequences.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28   #28
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Golden rule is not to screw your family out of money. If your players are not considered your family, there is no club.
But the players would have not been without money, just with 67% money. They have just received 3M EUR btw... And as far as I can understand the biggest problem of our kids was, that part of their salaries would have been paid in shares of our "family". They rather chose the premissory note system. Don't they believe in the future of our family or what?
I know even in a poor family, the kids are the last, who have to suffer, but there are such bad cases, when even they have to give some sacrifices (no toys, no ice-cream, etc).

And I would rather use the example of a company, here. Most of our "kids" are just travelling through the city, staying here for 1 or 3 seasons... And they put their own financial purposes above/in front the future/existance of the clubs. Until the very last hour. It is always the club the most important, not the players or the management...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30   #29
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I proportion no blame on the players for wanting all the money they were entitled to under their contract but I can see what Kalman is saying and morally, it isn't fair that those other creditors should have to forfeit 33% of what they're owed.

However, the players had a footballing law behind them which meant that they had the club over a barrel, so they knew they could make those demands and not sacrifice 33% of their wages.

I don't think for 1 minute that if there was a law that said, "if you don't pay your bus driver by July 31st, you will be relegated" that the bus driver wouldn't implement it. The other creditors had the choice of getting 67% of what they were owed or pretty much nothing if we were liquidated. That's not a great choice but there's only one sensible option.
The players with the LFP and AFE backing them and with footballing law on their side, didn't have such a bad option.

I agree with Kevin about not screwing your family and the sad reality is, there are other bus drivers and taxi drivers, cleaners etc that we can do business with if they no longer feel they can work with us. But replacing a whole squad of players or having a squad of players that feel betrayed and angry with the club they represent is a much worse problem imo.

However, I have to say that I stop well short of saying that the creditors all deserve to pay the consequences and deserve no sympathy. And to be fair, if we're talking about bad management then we should start with Depor itself and Lendoiro in particular; it would be a while before we got to the other creditiors
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51   #30
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice discussion

Btw, among the "other" creditors, that forgave part of the debts, there are sure people that are more "family" than the players, like local people that work for Deportivo since ages.
It is bad for the local community that the club creates this image of a non-trust company.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote