Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 24-11-2009, 17:02   #46
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I was testing you
Old 25-11-2009, 05:40   #47
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Any possibility that we add him to our squad?
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 14:00   #48
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Yes, but not very probable
Old 26-11-2009, 14:13   #49
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Anyway, there's the discussion that this clause in the contract is illegal and still to be clarified.
Haha sometimes I wonder if there are any rules at all when clubs add extra clauses in the deals.

How is it possible that every time these discussions come afterwards and not when the deals are made? Where is the control of these documents?
Old 27-11-2009, 20:30   #50
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by javientes
Haha sometimes I wonder if there are any rules at all when clubs add extra clauses in the deals.

How is it possible that every time these discussions come afterwards and not when the deals are made? Where is the control of these documents?

Serrano (now at Rácing) had a similar contract with Espanyol. They renewed him automatically after playing a certain number of games/minutes, but he appealed and became free to sign elsewhere.
Old 07-12-2009, 19:32   #51
DeporTom
Occasional Member

DeporTom is on a distinguished road

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...753742,00.html

no money then?
DeporTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 17:44   #52
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

If we have 50% on his next transfer, then theoretically, if we buy him, we'd only pay half no? From what I've seen he'd be a great pickup so I don't know why we don't go after him. Some people claim he has de la Pena-type vision which would be fantastic..like a young Valeron
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 17:57   #53
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carril
If we have 50% on his next transfer, then theoretically, if we buy him, we'd only pay half no? From what I've seen he'd be a great pickup so I don't know why we don't go after him. Some people claim he has de la Pena-type vision which would be fantastic..like a young Valeron

Totally agree. If it looks like he's going to see out his contract then we'll get 50% of nothing, so better to contract him ourselves if it's not stupid money. From his perspective, I'd have thought it would make better sense anyway as I'm sure he'd get much more regular football here than at a big club in Spain or abroad. Having said that, it still wouldn't surprise me to see him sat on someones bench for most of next season, only playing Cup games along with the odd league game. That would be a terrible waste but unfortunately it seems to happen too often as money from the big clubs suffocates real talent and stops it from growing normally.
Old 08-12-2009, 18:17   #54
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I've got to say I'm still confused by all of this.

1. His contract is ending next summer. Why the hell did Racing not extend it sooner? On January 1st, he will be free to talk to whoever he likes and Racing will get nothing if he goes. It just does not make sense, particularly as he has not fallen out with them or anything.

2. If he leaves on a Bosman, then the club who offers him the best package (€2-3m) will secure his services. I'm thinking Sevilla or Villareal here, or maybe Valencia as a replacement for David Silva. That would push us out of the market, as our salary cap would be broken.

3. If he does the honourable thing and signs now for, say, another 3 years at Racing, but they agree to let him go anyway in the summer, then there might be some cash in it for both Racing and Depor (depending on who's version of the agreement is the right one). I wouldn't like to be Lendoiro depending on that cash any time soon though!

Have I got that right???
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 23:05   #55
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Yes you're right
Why did Racing not extend it sooner? simply because they never thought the boy would explode so rapidly.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:46   #56
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I've got to say I'm still confused by all of this.

1. His contract is ending next summer. Why the hell did Racing not extend it sooner? On January 1st, he will be free to talk to whoever he likes and Racing will get nothing if he goes. It just does not make sense, particularly as he has not fallen out with them or anything.

2. If he leaves on a Bosman, then the club who offers him the best package (€2-3m) will secure his services. I'm thinking Sevilla or Villareal here, or maybe Valencia as a replacement for David Silva. That would push us out of the market, as our salary cap would be broken.

3. If he does the honourable thing and signs now for, say, another 3 years at Racing, but they agree to let him go anyway in the summer, then there might be some cash in it for both Racing and Depor (depending on who's version of the agreement is the right one). I wouldn't like to be Lendoiro depending on that cash any time soon though!

Have I got that right???

I suppose there could be a fourth option. Racing could agree to give him to Depor (if the 50% rights is indeed correct and there is no dispute) in exchange for one or two of our players. They could also build in a clause that Racing get a percentage of any fee Depor receive when/if we transfer him on. But that all has to be agreed and completed very soon, so it's probably unlikely to happen.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:17   #57
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose the other thing to consider is that if he waits until the end of the season, he is free anyway but no-one from Spain can sign him in January anyway unless it's a "pre-contract" which won't come into affect until the new season.

This unfortunately looks like a lost cause to me
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15   #58
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

anyone knows anything abt this news?
http://www.tribalfootball.com/deport...canales-554351
i know they copied it from somewhere, but how much credibility is there?
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 14:07   #59
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Difficult to know. AS and Marca wrote that we have a first option over the player, but some papers in Cantabrian were writen yesterday that he is close to renew for Racing.
Old 06-01-2010, 15:28   #60
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Difficult to know. AS and Marca wrote that we have a first option over the player, but some papers in Cantabrian were writen yesterday that he is close to renew for Racing.

Aha, so my option 3. above would apply then. They would still sell him in the summer if the price was right and that might mean that Depor gets some money out of it sometime in the distant future...after a court case! If the 50% rights for Depor is correct, then I would expect Racing to ask in the region of €7/8m for the player.