Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo B & Youth teams
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo B & Youth teams Forum to discuss everything refered to Deportivo B & all the teams that compose the youth teams of the club

Old 06-12-2020, 18:44   #16
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Tough start for Fabril with only 9pts in 8 games but still only a few points behind that 3rd spot to head to the promotion group. Like the first team, there's been a lack of goals in the attacking game with the Rayco and Manu leading the team with 2 goals.

From Juvenil A, very good sensations as they lead the group with 13 pts in 6 games and had a big win vs Celta. Players like Peke and Do Carmo (18) will probably make the jump to Fabril in a few months and Mario Najera (17) also has 3 goals in the season. In the back, Trilli, a former Spain YNT player, also looks the part and has been called up by FV to train already and can play at center back or wing back.

The younger Juvenil B group has barely played because of positives but has 9 pts from 3 games and my personal favorite player in the academy (Martin Ochoa) has 4 goals in 3 games. Players still interesting here are Seydiba, Canales as well as a few 15-year-olds that came from the San Tirso Cadete last year.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 01:25   #17
haden07
Beginner

haden07 is on a distinguished road

Would anyone be able to give a recap on the first part of the season for Fabril? How are things looking, any standouts and good future prospects? How have they been performing?
haden07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 19:00   #18
american123
Seasoned Member

Halfway point in the season for Fabril getting 18 pts from 11 matches. They are currently in 3rd but some teams still need to make up suspended games which means once everything is even they’ll likely be just outside the playoff spots for the second phase. Valeron seems to be adjusting well as they are getting better every week and he is also giving opportunities to young players. Sarmiento (CAM) , Alberto (GK) , Guille (LB), and Juan Rodriguez (CB) are all mainstays with the team and under 20 years old as well as recently including Peke (W) and Trilli (Right Back) into the team. Rayco is probably the most talented attacking player who came from Lugo but is already 24 so once he plays with the first team he is no longer able to play with Fabril. He plays well with Adri up top as well so wouldn’t mind seeing both of them move up to the first team in January but obviously would weaken Fabril significantly and take them out of the playoff run with Bergantiños, Somozas, and Polvorin (Lugo B) so far ahead.

Juvenil A , led by Gilsanz, are sitting 2nd in the table with a big win over Celta but losing the top of the table with a 1-1 draw vs Ferrol last week. With Guille, Trilli and Peke likely to move full time to Fabril, players like Cristian (reminds me of Mollejo and will be part of Fabril at only 17 next year if he can grow more these next 6 months) and David Mella (Mella got hurt early and has not played) will join a handful of Juvenil B players that will get opportunities to play at a higher level. While Mella and Canales can replace Peke, the team looks very weak in the back without Guille and Trilli. I like this group a lot but they still need to grow physically and am excited to see them in March vs professional teams like Racing, Sporting, and Celta.

Juvenil B, led by Duscher, is perfect so far with 18pts from 6 games but against much weaker competition. Their biggest challenge will come next week vs 2nd place Compostela. With Cadete’s season starting up next month, I’d expect some of those players to eventually debut with this Juvenil B group as it is considered the best group in Abegondo.

One thing I’ve noticed watching highlights/full games is that all three of these teams struggle on artificial turf and I think Abegondo should look into getting 1 turf field in addition to their 6 grass fields.
Old 24-12-2020, 10:05   #19
haden07
Beginner

haden07 is on a distinguished road

What a fantastic summary. Thank you!

Don’t know much about the leagues but by your account it sounds as if an artificial turf is a must.
haden07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2020, 23:46   #20
american123
Seasoned Member

With so much rain in Galicia, most of the smaller teams use turf because of maintenance. 100s of games can be played on turf with minimal money spent to maintain the fields unlike grass. In the summer, grass is tough to maintain because of periods of drought as welll. I am optimistic about what Abegondo looks like with Fran at the helm and Valeron not only giving young players a chance but playing an attractive style. The only issue is, the project that is being planned currently cannot be implemented unless the first team achieves promotion.
Old 21-02-2021, 16:21   #21
american123
Seasoned Member

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

Chance to watch Fabril today vs Arzua. Terrible conditions but they'll still probably look better than the first team.
Old 27-02-2021, 15:38   #22
american123
Seasoned Member

Juvenil B continues their incredible run with 42 pts out of a possible 42 pts after defeating Lugo this morning 2-1. One of my favorite players in the academy, Martin Ochoa, scored 2 bringing his total to 15 goals in 12 games. He has debuted with Juvenil A but was a 90' sub and will be tough to break into that team with their top striker (Mario Najera) scoring 8 goals. He still is a boy who needs to grow a little more before becoming a serious player at the higher level. With Cadete (U16) starting up this week, we should also see some new players debut with Juvenil B with the league clinched this month. Looking forward to see what they do when the leagues combine and they'll play against more professional teams like Celta and Coruxo.

Juvenil A is one point behind Celta in their league and it will be a battle with Celta, Depor, Racing, and Sporting as the "Playoff" group starting in just a few weeks. Barcia (Center Back) has been training with the first team and I am interested to see if he gets the call for Fabril tomorrow. Both Trilli and Guille have seemed to establish themselves as Fabril players over the last few weeks and Peke has been part of that team as well coming off the bench.

Unfortunately, Fabril has not recovered from their Covid break and losing Villares and Rayco has made them go from promotion candidates to battling the relegation group. They play the leaders (Bergantiños) tomorrow in a huge match where 3 points could put them back in mid-table. Like the first team, there is no goalscorer with Adri Castro only scoring 3 times in the 9 games he's played. With the exception of Trilli and Guille, I don't really see anyone being able to make the jump to the first team for now as Juan Rodriguez, Adri, and Alberto have both had disappointing seasons in my eyes.
Old 28-02-2021, 21:25   #23
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

So sad to see Fabril collapsing. I'm afraid, just like the first team they will drop one divisioin down. Hopefully they can manage to turn things around and keep their status at Tercera.