Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Prediction League & Quinelas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prediction League & Quinelas Predict the scores for each Depor match. For Quinelas, predict a draw or home/away win. Most major tournaments are covered.

Old 26-08-2006, 12:48   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fantasy La Liga - Improvements???

I use the other thread for calculations/stats etc so I've opened up this thread to discuss possible improvements to the Fantasy La Liga competition.

Any improvements that are accepted and viable will be implemented for next season.

Keep the improvements realistic too. Remember that I do these stats manually and they are already time consuming. Things like assists are not really viable unless someone can provide a reliable source that updates very quickly.

A good place to start is formations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacasa
4-3-3 should be a valid formartion!!!

If enough people want to add this to the formations, then I certainly don't mind.
Old 26-08-2006, 13:09   #2
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

It would be very much improved if I were a part of it.
Old 26-08-2006, 13:12   #3
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

So enter a team.

You've got about 40-45 mins left before the deadling for Week 1 closes and you're more than welcome. It would good be to see someone challenge Lebn8r as Aussie No 1
Old 26-08-2006, 14:09   #4
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

I think we should also be able to choose a coach for our teams. A coach from the Primera teams of course, and then the coach will earn points by how many goals the team scored and had against them, if the team won or lost and perhabs some minus points if his team gain any yellow or red cards. In danish manager games, that's possible, and i think it's great.
Old 26-08-2006, 20:24   #5
Ralo

Peña Member

Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest next year we do a draft. The winner of this season will get first pick, second place will get second pick, etc. Each participant will take turns picking a player; once that player has been chosen nobody else can choose that player. Therefore only one person can have a Ronaldinho and one person can have an Eto'o. We can maintain the 110m spending limit. Participants can also trade, buy, and sell with other people. But a participant can only dump players through trade and sell with other participants. A person can buy from the market only if that palyer is available and there is room on their team. I think the roster should be expanded to a minimum of 16 (11 starter and 5 reserves) and a maximum of 20 to allow flexability in the market.
What do you guys think?
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 20:38   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Benn

If the calculations were not too complicated or time consuming, then I wouldn't object to this idea. It would also be fun to impose a big loss of points if your manager was sacked or resigned

Ralo

Your idea is one of those that is brilliant in theory but a nightmare to organise. I tried it with my football club when I used to run an EPL competition and although it was an absolute laugh, it dragged on for ages.
Also, last year there were 32 players and a proposal of up to 20 exclusive players each means 640 different players. That's just not practical because not every club has the same size squad as Depor

It would be a lot of fun if it was practical but sadly, I can't see a way of making it work.
Old 26-08-2006, 21:13   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the coach-idea And a 4-3-3 formation would be quite interesting too. I remember in the WC 2006 fantasy thread, I made a team in a 4-3-3 cause I thought it was possible. It's a much used formation.

In Belgium there's also a game like this. Each week you get two "stars". You can give a star to two different players of your team, or two stars to the same player. The points of a player with a star doubles, and the points of a player with two stars quadriples.
Old 26-08-2006, 23:22   #8
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

4-3-3 is interesting, definitely.

About this stars thing deporiginal wrote about, I believe more in the captain choice. Rik u know it from fantasy PL. You choose a captain and his score will double.

About the assist thing, i only know one site, but it gives match reports on every game and u have to scroll through (Eurosport.com). Would demand more time as u can see... U would probably have to get an apprentice to work with u in counting the score!

Another Idea is to give more points for a goalscorer depending on his position. For example 5p to a defender/goalie, 4 to a midfielder and 3 to a forward. This is to decrease the obvious benefit to have more forwards compared to midfielders defenders, with the same points for every position since forwards are more likely to score, and gain 5 points. Might demand more time, but not to much..

If my last proposal would not come through i suggest that a 4-3-3 formation is not allowed, since all other formations would be useless.

Thats all for now, might have more suggestions later though..
Old 27-08-2006, 00:46   #9
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

With Respect to your opinion Daniel but a formation with 5 defenders may be better than one with 3 forwards even with the same points scored for a goal. The defender has the advantage that he can win points for white sheets.
Last season, the defence made the difference between the participants ...
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 04:57   #10
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to a 3-4-3 formation. I also echo the opinion on the Captain points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
So enter a team.

You've got about 40-45 mins left before the deadling for Week 1 closes and you're more than welcome. It would good be to see someone challenge Lebn8r as Aussie No 1

There is no challenge... I will conquer all...

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 07:51   #11
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

I still don't get this game.
Old 27-08-2006, 10:32   #12
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidern
With Respect to your opinion Daniel but a formation with 5 defenders may be better than one with 3 forwards even with the same points scored for a goal. The defender has the advantage that he can win points for white sheets.
Last season, the defence made the difference between the participants ...

Yes, i agree, what i mostly mean is that you want as many players as defenders and attackers, because they have a better chance of scoring points. 5-4-1 makes 6 players as non midfielders, and 4-3-3 makes it 7. 5-3-2 would be a good tactic, and its used IRL too.

Another thing u could do to make the defensive midfielders more credit is to give the midfielders 1 (or 2 i dont know how to make it balanced) point for a clean sheet. Or u could change the formations so u could have a pivote in the formation (4-1-3-2) and this pivote gets as many points as the defenders for a clean sheet.

I'm gonna see if i can find a good site who updates assists quickly and reliably tonight or tomorrow. Otherwise, aren't there any page like the one used for the fantasy PL, there u should be able to see assists to, would be an easy way too get these points fast.
Old 27-08-2006, 15:35   #13
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not refusing the rule , it will bring more variety to the game. I just said that it won't be the ultimate formation that everyone chooses.

I like the "captain" idea.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 12:22   #14
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

I think the budget should be reduced a bit so we don't all end up having the same Ronaldinhos and Eto'os etc in our teams.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 12:51   #15
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Of all the suggestions I have seen so far, these are my thoughts on the likliehood of them being implemented for next year:

Very Likely

1.More formations.

At present we can use either 4-4-2, 5-4-1, 4-5-1 or 5-3-2.
Possible formations to be added for next year are 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3.

2.Appointed Captains.
This particular player will have his match points doubled.

Possibly but still undecided

1. Coach.
This could be an interesting addition but needs more definition before it could be implemented.

2.Reduced budget
This implementation could depend whether or not the "Coach" implementation is made. If we use a coach next year then I would be keep the budget as it is to allow for the buying of the coach. However, if the "Coach" suggestion is not implemented, then I would agree to a budget reduction.

Not likely

1. A player draft

Would be great fun if it was practical but unfortunately it is not really practical for this competition.

2.Assists

I was going to put this in the catagory above but the more I think about it, the more I don't think this is practical either. I've yet to see a reliable source for assists and even if I were to find one, I think it would add too much time to an already time consuming task.

3. More points for defensive/midfield goalscorers.
Again, it would just add to the time it takes to calculate the stats and IMO, a change to the way the scores are calculated will lead to more mistakes as I have to get use to a new scoring system.