Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 20-10-2004, 23:44   #1
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale
Default Crisis in Primera?

What is with spanish teams? My impression is, that La Liga is weakest every year Less people on the tribunes, less goals, worst results in cups.. Valencia plays like Italians, Barca without conceptions vs Milan, Depor is still defending against every team, Real must be lucky to win 1:0. Is it normal to the best liga over the world? Where is the reason? More Tv Stations wants to show PremierLeague, SerieA then Primera... In 2006 I will be able to watch all the liga's without spanish, where matchess will be ending by 1 or 2 goals. Does all the presindents from Spain know it???? Where do you go my favourite liga? What is Your opinion?
Old 21-10-2004, 10:32   #2
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Valencia under Ranieri play attacking football and were top scorers last year. Barca completely outplayed Milan and alongside Inter are my favourites for the Champions League. Depor needed to go back to basics in order to gain confidence and Real Madrid are very poor when Zidane is not in form.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 12:56   #3
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

crisis-only if your name is perez!!!
Old 21-10-2004, 13:56   #4
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

Blimey, a post that's negative about La liga! I wonder how many people here follow the lesser teams in La Liga or have ever been to any of their games? I went to see Rayo Vallecano a few times. when they played Depor obviously and some other clubs like Zaragoza. In those games its hard to imagine you are in the 'best' league in the world. Rubbish stadium, not even full, and very average football.

Good fun and nice atmosphere but more like a lower league game for me. Certainly not the league that some people on here describe La Liga as.
Old 23-10-2004, 17:48   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

If la liga is in crisis, how do you explain that Villarreal played a good game at Olimpico against Lazio (1-1)? What about the 2-0 of Bilbao against Parma?
No my friend, Italy is in crisis and not Spain. You see, last season the start of Italian teams were the same in CL, very impressive but how many team qualified to semis?, none. Spain had at least one team in that round for the last 8 years
Believe me, Spain will come back in the next matchdays
Old 23-10-2004, 18:39   #6
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

It's no crisis... but IMO there's an obvious difference between La Liga 04/05 and La Liga 03/04. The teams are more tactical now. Look at Barca, last season they started terribly but continued playing their game, which was rather 'free' and then succeeded in the end. This season they are very tactical but still doing well.

Depor are more defensively focused this season I think, which have made us score less goals.

Valencia have always been tactical, but this season it's worse than ever cause of Rainieri mostly.

Being more tactical doesn't necessarily mean that the teams are worse. But it really means that the games are less attractive to watch compared to earlier seasons. The mediocre teams are studying the better teams and are trying to find their weaknesses so they can get one point from them, something that they are doing more and more well with. Barca-Numancia is an example. Numancia had 10 men in defence almost the whole match and they knew exactly what to do. They almost deserved a point cause Barca couldn't find a way through but in the end Larsson scored on a header from a corner kick.

My point... less attractive football but maybe not less effecient.
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 20:05   #7
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

OK, I would very, very, very like to get your point of view... Let see. I believe, you are right?
Old 23-10-2004, 20:15   #8
Olli

Olli is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekholm
My point... less attractive football but maybe not less effecient.

Yes, La Liga is coming closer to Serie A...hmph...too bad
I hate that "let's play for result" football...well there are few exceptions luckily (Barca (!!), Arsenal (!!!), Depor when being at their best...)
Olli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 14:17   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

It seems that the elimination of Spain in CL has started again this discussion. Personally I don't believe that this is a crisis, it just a little sparkle in Spain's history. You will see it in the following hours with the teams that are playing in UEFA cup.
Old 10-03-2005, 14:55   #10
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Oh dear not again. What is the point of comparing leagues. Every league has its good points and bad points.Good teams and bad teams.Good grounds and bad grounds. Attacking teams and defensive teams, etc, etc, etc.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 15:10   #11
Fernando Torres
Almost Regular

Fernando Torres is off the scale

Primera is a great league.

But, Serie A is the best for me.

Last season announcement for Calcio. On tv scenes of football pitches and supporters tribunes are changing, and a chick sais:
love
happiness
passion
sadness
sorrow etc
and in the end along with torch-liht parade (don't know what fans) she sais CALCIO...****in' good. NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL FOOTBALL, NOT WASTE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS
STRENGHT
CLASS
Fernando Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 15:46   #12
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
(...) You will see it in the following hours with the teams that are playing in UEFA cup.
I hope You are right, because I bet on them
Old 10-03-2005, 19:10   #13
Jorge
Legend
Peña Member

Jorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jorge Send a message via Yahoo to Jorge Send a message via Skype™ to Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Torres
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL FOOTBALL, NOT WASTE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS

Hmmm, you mean the hundreds of millions € of debt italian clubs are allowed to produce without having to fear to loose their license??

In Germany this is even not possible for a licensed club to accumulate such debt by the statutes, but well, the pizzas....
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:16   #14
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

seriously i cant stand it when people say there is a crisis in any league!! every year one nation gets knocked out at the champions league group stage and every year the press say there is a crisis!!

Do u remember the year before milan won the champions league the italians did poorly, and everyone was carrying on how italy was ina crisis - then milan win it the next season!!

La Liga performed better than england last season and there was no talk about a crisis in england? matter of fact we had a debate about it, and last season out of all the competitions on direct results la liga was the strongest!

now there is a crisis??? i get fed up with all this sort of talk!
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:56   #15
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

what Anton said.

anyway it's all irrelevant, all true football fans know that the Icelandic league is the best in the world.