Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 22-07-2005, 01:09   #1
bjb7223
Beginner

bjb7223 is off the scale
Default Milan Baros (Liverpool)

Deportivo La Coruña have been alerted to Milan Baros's availability at Liverpool and may consider bidding for the Czech international.

The Spanish club's president Augusto César Lendoiro has been contacted by Baros's agent, Pavel Paska. Baros, who helped to win the European Cup, was omitted from the Reds' qualifier against Total Network Solutions on Tuesday to avoid him being cup-tied in European competition.

West Ham have declared their interest in the 23-year-old striker, though he is likely to move to a club competing in Europe. Deportivo are likely to play Newcastle in the semi- finals of the Intertoto Cup as they attempt to gain entry to the Uefa Cup. Their strikers Walter Pandiani and Albert Luque are expected to leave before the new season.
bjb7223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 01:22   #2
cos

cos is off the scale

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!

I feel like this is Kezman all over again. We don't need an aimless forward who can't keep the ball OR score. He also thinks he is much better than he is. I don't know what his wages are, but he isn't worth anymore than Pandiani. Just because he is a European Champion does not make him a good player. I suppose we should look at Harry Kewell too while we're at it, or Kleberson, he's a world cup winner, right?
cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 02:08   #3
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!

I feel like this is Kezman all over again. We don't need an aimless forward who can't keep the ball OR score. He also thinks he is much better than he is. I don't know what his wages are, but he isn't worth anymore than Pandiani. Just because he is a European Champion does not make him a good player. I suppose we should look at Harry Kewell too while we're at it, or Kleberson, he's a world cup winner, right?

You're a mind reader!!!
Old 22-07-2005, 03:34   #4
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

Give the guy a chance..

Baros would adapt pretty well with us.

But I'm sure we can't afford him (wage and transfer fee).
Luis Fabiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 05:13   #5
bjb7223
Beginner

bjb7223 is off the scale

FOOTBALL SPY: ANFIELD MOVE FOR JORGE WILL DEP-END ON BAROS
By David Maddock
LIVERPOOL are looking to offload Milan Baros to Spain, despite protests from the striker that he does not want to leave.

The Anfield club are keen to tie up a deal with La Liga outfit Deportivo La Coruna after an inquiry about the Czech Republic international.

And Liverpool could even attempt to persuade the Spanish side to do a swap deal involving defender Jorge Andrade, who has impressed Rafa Benitez.

The Anfield boss still wants to sign Gabriel Milito from Real Zaragoza, but talks have broken down with the Spanish club after accusations of an illegal approach from Liverpool.

Advertisement

Zaragoza are still demanding £12million and that is a fee Liverpool refuse to pay - even though they know the centre-half wants to move to England.

Because of the hostility between the two clubs, though, Benitez may have to look elsewhere and he is keen on Portugal international Andrade.

Deportivo have tracked Baros for some time and are contemplating a £5m bid. Liverpool would offer Baros and a further £1m for Andrade.

But they could have problems persuading the Czech striker to leave. Last night he insisted that he wants to stay and fight for his place.

Benitez said this week that he would sell Baros if the right bid came in.

But the forward countered: "It is not a pleasant situation but I am still a Liverpool player. I am working hard and trying to persuade the coach I deserve my place in the team.

"We will sit together and talk about his intentions with me. If he says he does not need me then we will start solving the problem, but nothing is happening now and I am not letting it play on my mind."

Liverpool have already signed Peter Crouch, Jose Reina, Boudewijn Zenden, Momo Sissoko, Mark Gonzalez and Antonio Barragan, with Benitez also looking for a centre-half and a right midfielder.

Milito is still the top target, and Real Madrid winger Luis Figo could also be on his way in the next 48 hours, with the Portugal international promising a decision today.

Crouch, meanwhile, will miss the start of the season through suspension after being given a three-match ban when sent off while playing for Southampton.
bjb7223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:18   #6
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

6M pounds for Andrade is nonsense.

I'd love to see Baros coming because here in Prague they would again air about every game of Depor (like when Kouba played at Depor)

On the other side: Baros, i don't believe in him as a player, only for the national team...
Filip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:21   #7
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i would welcome this signing.... but not for andrade+£1m... andrade+£5m... the question is who will replace andrade???
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:24   #8
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrade for £1m... and Baros... WTF!!!

Me thinks Rafa is taking the piss...

He needs to pay any club to take Baros off his hands. Let him go to Lyon.
Old 22-07-2005, 10:06   #9
jeffcac
Occasional Member

jeffcac is off the scale

It's a big mistake if we trade Andrade for Baros with only one million surplus! :frownani Is Gonzales a Liverpool player already?
jeffcac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 10:53   #10
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

rajacasa is off the scale

nonono!!!!!!!!i don't think baros will score for us!!!he's not an exellant striker!i've seen him playing many times and i don't like him!
rajacasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:27   #11
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippykid
Andrade for £1m... and Baros... WTF!!!

Me thinks Rafa is taking the piss...

He needs to pay any club to take Baros off his hands. Let him go to Lyon.

Very good joke. Lendoiro would rather jump of a building
Old 22-07-2005, 17:42   #12
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not mind signing Baros, although he is not really the goalscorer we need.

He's pretty fast, needs to improve his shooting, but I think he could do well in Spain.

Although if we are talking about spending more than 4-5m euros, I'd rather buy Berbatov!

As for Andrade, he cant go for less than 10m euros!
Old 22-07-2005, 18:29   #13
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

All I can really add is

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 06:12   #14
cendekia
Almost Regular

cendekia is off the scale

who is our alternative striker now, while Baiano, Nakamura and Deivid are not available anymore? the only choice is only Baros...
cendekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 07:41   #15
Jo

Peña Member

Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jo Send a message via MSN to Jo

I would welcome him since we can't seem to sign anybody this season...........

Pena Member Number : 0020
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote