Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 01:51   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Nov-10-2019 | matchday 15 | 12h00 | Depor - Elche | Pre-match

Time to win, no?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:22   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the feeling, that for the team the "need" or "emergency" to win isn't that strong as it was a few weeks before.

In the beginning obviously everyone was talking for the promotion. Aiming to promotion you can't afford to lose endless games, so after every defeat the emergency to win was getting stronger.

Now everyone realizes that this team isn't made to aim to promotion. So, next objective? Avoiding relegation.

For this objective we can afford a lot of draws/defeats, and we are still just 4pts away, so no big deal.

"Must win" games, will start in the spring, if we are still inside the relegation zone.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:54   #3
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Good News: Boveda will have to skip this game due to accumulation of yellow cards.

A chance for Valin I hope.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:06   #4
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

well, last year Rayo Majah went down with 12 wins, although Lugo just survived with 10 wins and 17 draws. the year before, Leon went down with 11 wins and 15 draws, just like UCAM in 2017...in 2016, Ponferradina and Llagostera were relegated with 12 wins. so we would need like 12 wins and a lot of draws minimum at the end of the championship. so from now on, we need 11 wins and quite a few draws within 28 games. it is close to 50% of the points now.
Old 07-11-2019, 17:17   #5
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go for:

........................Dani...................... ..
Valin...........Lampro..Mujaid...Salva.....
...................Peru...Gandoy.................
....Mollejo..........Beto...........Kone.......
........................Santos.................... ..

If you don't change things, how can one expect change?!
Old 07-11-2019, 21:46   #6
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
well, last year Rayo Majah went down with 12 wins, although Lugo just survived with 10 wins and 17 draws. the year before, Leon went down with 11 wins and 15 draws, just like UCAM in 2017...in 2016, Ponferradina and Llagostera were relegated with 12 wins. so we would need like 12 wins and a lot of draws minimum at the end of the championship. so from now on, we need 11 wins and quite a few draws within 28 games. it is close to 50% of the points now.

you just told me that we're relegating. Seriously. I'm 100% sure. It makes sense what you wrote, I didn't yet calculate it but you did it for me, and the news is fatal.

There is no way in the pinkest of pink heavens that we're still amassing 10 wins. It's over.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:28   #7
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
you just told me that we're relegating. Seriously. I'm 100% sure. It makes sense what you wrote, I didn't yet calculate it but you did it for me, and the news is fatal.

There is no way in the pinkest of pink heavens that we're still amassing 10 wins. It's over.

That was my impression as well...then you have Mollejo saying, we need two wins and we're out of the relegation zone.

I would go with Mollejo's point

On another note, there is this 100yr, or what, stat...Never in the history of Spanish football a former champion played below segunda. Will we be the first one to break this 100yr tradition?
Old 08-11-2019, 13:38   #8
american123

american123 is off the scale

Unfortunately there's not much positivity to look forward to. I remember with Garitano we weren't getting any points but the football played was of a very high level. Many games were decided within the last 5 minutes and a few with VAR would have saved his job and ultimately kept us up that year. Here we are playing awful and getting no results.

You can't overturn a team in the January window so I am interested to see what we do especially if Del Pozo is in charge. Hopefully the return of Somma will help and that Valin can start to establish himself as a first team player at the RB spot. Mollejo is right, 2 wins and we can start to breathe a little easier.
Old 09-11-2019, 22:03   #9
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

So the coach decided to improvise with Borja Galan instead of calling Valin. Smells another waste of youth prospect.
In one of the first interviews Luis Cesar called the first team players professionals over against Fabril's player. It is so funny by the way but on the other hand it seems as he doesn't trust in youngsters.