Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 19-02-2018, 14:58   #151
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I struggle to see us winning 6 games between now and the end of the season!

In hindsight we probably should have kept one of these players: Lux, Alex B or Laure. The players who have replaced them, haven't got a clue!
Old 20-02-2018, 00:18   #152
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I always try to be optimistic and positive, but right now I have no hope at all, only a miracle could save us this year, and I don't see it coming. Very sad to say, but this team really deserves relegation (not the club or fans, but these useless players and president)

From the beginning, I never believed in Mel, then with Parralo I had a little hope, but now with Seedorf I've completely lost all the faith.

With the team totally broken and sinking, it was quite evident that there had been mistakes in the planning of the squad, but this winter market was a magnificent opportunity to rectify, change things and improve the team. First we needed to sign a good GK, that was the most necessary, an absolute priority. And then, if still having money, a decent defensive midfielder. And finally, if still having money and don't trust Parralo anymore, an experienced coach who at least knows La Liga and most players of the squad.

And what have we done? To sign an unknown average GK, who maybe is the Ukrainian "Black Spider", heir of Lev Yashin, but so far 2 different coaches still preferring the amazing Rubén at the goal. To sign Bóveda from Athletic (needless), a polyvalent defender as he can play awful in several positions (CB, RB, wherever you put him). To sign 2 oldies, Krohn-Dehli and Muntari, the latter semi-retired, none of them a DM. And then the icing on the cake, bringing Clarence Seedorf for the bench, whose experience as a coach were 4 months in Milan 4 years ago, with average results, and 5 months in Chinese 2nd division 2 years ago, with even worse results, and who barely knows about La Liga or the players of our squad.

Gammble after gamble, year after year, whithout any planning, and now we reap what we have sown.

We're going to Segunda, and the sooner we assume it, the less suffering. That was the thought that changed my mentality, or maybe just how my crazy mind has reacted to avoid the horrible pain, in what is called emotional intelligence by the psychology.

Then I started to consider that the only way to enjoy these performances is to think that we are not a football club but a circus to make people laugh. The abilities and comedy skills of our goalkeepers and defenders are hard to match in the elite, so at least let's enjoy that! It's such a memorable seaon, breaking records, making history and creating a new market for entertaining, in the future people will watch funny compilation videos of this Depor 2017/18 to piss themselves laughing with all the comical mistakes and easy goals conceded.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 20-02-2018 at 00:32.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 02:30   #153
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

The last few years have been a complete joke. I am sounding like a broken record now saying this but I absolutely believe that letting Victor go was the biggest mistake. He was not the best coach in the world but he led us to safety two seasons in a row.

As far as the signings go. Cant really say much. It is always a trade-off. Do we go all out and break the bank with players like Lucas who could on paper do great things or do we sign relative no-bodys and hope they turn into the next Felipe Luis. This season we did a mixture of both and suffered in both directions. We brought in Lucas who is the biggest flop of the season. We also brought in relatively unknown players and they did nothing worth remembering. We went for Lucas over a proper goal keeper in the hope that we would out-score our opponents. That clearly has not worked.

For me Mel was never the right guy. He had already messed up the squad with poor tactics which in turn destroyed their confidence. Parralo and Seedorf are Tino's cheap solutions and they have cost us big and will most likely cost a place in Primera. Seedorf in particular has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Schar has been our best player this season and he is sitting on the bench. The guy is absolutely retarded.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 07:26   #154
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

The biggest problem is Depor hasn't had continuity since Lotina's era. Except 15/16 season, we have at least two coaches or more. At the beginning, we sign players who are suitable for Coach A's tactic. After 2 or 3 months, Coach A is sacked and Coach B comes. But Coach B never shows good performance and Coach B is sacked too after about 5 month or less, maybe November or December. This routine has repeated every sesaon.

This season has been the same. The club chases Pepe Mel's plan at the beginning. Our two captains, a defensive midfielder Alex and defensive right back Laure left. And the board signed Guilherme for 5M and Gerard Valentin who is offensive right back. But Parralo never satisfied with Gerard Valentin and wanted players kind of Alex and Laure but they're already gone. I think it was a right choice to sack Pepe Mel. But Tino should have hired a new coach who can make tactic with our squad properly.

And now, Tino says we need the captains or leaders. He's the one who made decisions about Alex and Laure. What an incompetent president. At least we should have not loaned out Alex.

Depor lost continuity long time ago. We all know a club without continuity of coach or tactic can't be successful in La Liga like Mallorca or Almeria.

After Depor signed Caparros, we became a defensive team. Lotina came after Caparros and he also liked defensive football. There was continuity in the change of coaches. Depor made some results even participated in Europa League. If there weren't injury of Filipe Luis and Guardado in January 2010, I totally convince we could finish that season at least 6th.

Similar to above, Celta has been one of the strongest teams in Spain because they hired coaches who shares a lot of similarity. From Luis Enrique to Juan Carlos Unzue, they like to have ball possession. Thier best eleven has rarely changed for the last few years and the sqaud is well-balanced.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 10:03   #155
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.TRISTAN
And now, Tino says we need the captains or leaders. He's the one who made decisions about Alex and Laure. What an incompetent president. At least we should have not loaned out Alex.

also Lux was very much influential in the dressing room, also with his barbecue parties a team-builder, not to mention he recommended Fede C. to us and to him to come to us.

Caparros was maybe not a defensive coach on his own, other than nothing, he helped the career-start of JA Reyes and Jesús Navas. I think Caparros made us play more defensive than before, as he did not have quality players.
Old 21-02-2018, 07:37   #156
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
The last few years have been a complete joke. I am sounding like a broken record now saying this but I absolutely believe that letting Victor go was the biggest mistake. He was not the best coach in the world but he led us to safety two seasons in a row.

As far as the signings go. Cant really say much. It is always a trade-off. Do we go all out and break the bank with players like Lucas who could on paper do great things or do we sign relative no-bodys and hope they turn into the next Felipe Luis. This season we did a mixture of both and suffered in both directions. We brought in Lucas who is the biggest flop of the season. We also brought in relatively unknown players and they did nothing worth remembering. We went for Lucas over a proper goal keeper in the hope that we would out-score our opponents. That clearly has not worked.

For me Mel was never the right guy. He had already messed up the squad with poor tactics which in turn destroyed their confidence. Parralo and Seedorf are Tino's cheap solutions and they have cost us big and will most likely cost a place in Primera. Seedorf in particular has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Schar has been our best player this season and he is sitting on the bench. The guy is absolutely retarded.

I agree with most of what you said but regarding Schar, he has never been our best player in any way, Boveda is better than him.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 20:43   #157
Diligent
Old Fogey

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

A wonderful post Xosé, except the comment about Lev Yashin. I think he is turning in his grave right now.

The club is in a total mess on and off the pitch. You can debate the merits of who should be in the starting line-up, but I don't think it matters now because the spirit is not there at all. I've been resigned to Segunda football for sometime now.

Modest clubs like Leganes, Getafe, Eibar and Huesca must be doing something right. Eibar for example, are the leading Basque club are currently just three points off the Europa League place. Further down the pyramid, tiny Rápido de Bouzas are sitting proudly in the playoffs with Fabril, and ahead of the B teams of Atlético, Celta and Madrid. With a possible promotion to Segunda at the end of the season we most probably be visiting Vigo for a derby but not against Celta.

A couple of weeks ago I travelled to Hampton and Richmond Borough Football Club to support Whitehawk. The Hawks are having a miserable season and I've lost count who has had the most managers this season (Depor or Hawks). They currently sit rock bottom 13 points adrift of salvation and won their first game of the season just before Christmas and have been on a decent run of form to cut the deficit to 13 points. The players are showing a fighting spirit for every point in the hope of avoiding the drop. The fans sing the Hot Chocolate song ''You sexy thing ( I believe in miracles) while after the game all the players including the coach come over to the fans to say thank you.

Whitehawk's poor start to the season will be there undoing, despite amasing 15 points from their last 8 matches. Depor can survive, but they need to pick up points quickly, and no back to back wins since 2015/16 makes me think otherwise.

I seen more spirit in this club (who will eventually be demoted) from the sixth tier of English football than anything I've seen from Depor this season.

Last edited by Diligent : 22-02-2018 at 15:17.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 13:19   #158
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

It's official: Muntari signs for Depor
Old 22-02-2018, 16:50   #159
Ricardo
Peña Member

I think the deals for Sidnei, Mosquera, Guilherme, Gil, Juanfran, Cartabia and Lucas left us with no money.
So Tino chose cheaper and less quality players for the other positions. We are talking around 25-30m euros of transfers and contracts there. And only Sidnei and Cartabia have the potential to keep their value in the transfer market.
The other 4 players mentioned above, have been very poor this season. As we have said, we lost 3 players who could identify with the badge, Alex, Laure and Lux. After our defeat against Alaves, it was Boveda who was answering questions on behalf of the Team. That is not only a joke, but shows the lack of balls from more established team mates.
Tino has chosen poorly with Managers, opting for a cheap fix on many occasions, and it just doesn't work.
At the moment it feels like a sinking ship, with not many willing to stand up and fight. I am an optimist, and I am hoping that Koval, Sidnei, Muntari will step into the team and give us some much needed steel.
I feel like crap after watching or listening to every game, fingers crossed tomorrow will be a good Friday night!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:37   #160
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm noticing a very important change in tactics after Seedorf joined: Our full backs are static in their positions when we are trying to build up the game with calm. This is basically what every professional club has moved on by having the center backs go wide and creating numerical advantage with the full backs...
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:07   #161
deporbantam

deporbantam is on a distinguished road

I hope we get relegated! It's a bold statement but for the long term future of the club we need to start again from scratch. If we somehow survive this season, we will only struggle again with the same piss poor squad. Hopefully, in the summer every single one of the players will be on the first flight out of A Coruña and we promote some of the Fabril lads into the 1st team. It's hard to lay the blame at Seedorf too much, as the clubs problems run far deeper, but some of his team selections have been shocking so far, like starting Albentosa for instance against Betis and Levante (although Boveda and Schar arn't much better, granted).

I see that the women's team are walking their league, maybe Seedorf should give some of the ladies a game on Saturday, at least they would play with a bit of pride.
deporbantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 13:14   #162
Ricardo
Peña Member

Being relegated will seriously hamper our plans to pay back the debt!
Old 01-03-2018, 18:05   #163
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Debt won't be paid back, this way or another. Being in segunda just gives a disadvantage while dealing with the banks for a new deal.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 19:53   #164
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

relegation will the worst thing to happen , believe me we could turn to another Mallorca or Racing.
Lets not even talk about it.
Old 01-03-2018, 20:00   #165
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Celta, Betis, Getafe relegated as well and came back stronger. It's all a matter of management. Does Getafe has more budget, or more potential (fans, commercial value, etc) than Depor?

But for sure, if we keep on the same way of management we will probably end like mallorca, not celta
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote