Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-06-2017, 14:23   #1
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to turn this discution back to the evolution of our team.
What kind of players do we essentialy need for the start of the new season?

I have been talking about lack of offensive players, especially wingers and their continuity at Riazor for the last 3-5 seasons.
I still see that as a major issue. We finally have a few guys having contracts from the last season, playing resonably well and continuing:
-Andone - ST
-Colak - AM
-Fajr - AM/LW/RW
-Gama - LW/RW

The guys currently on loan:
-Joselu - ST
-Kakuta - LW
-John - LW
-Moreno - LW
-Gil - RW/AM

Joselu and Kakuta are gone, John and Moreno probably gone as well and Gil could be the only option to stay.

The guys returning from loan:
-Cartabia RW/AM
-Valle - LW/RW
-Riera - ST

OK, we can fight for Gil, Moreno and John to stay, but have they really showed that they deserve a Depor shirt. In my opinion only Gil showed glimpses, but Cartabia will be his direct rival for the RW position and he showed more in the second half of his loan.

We should focus on getting and really paying for a LW. (like we did for Andone).
We had 5 LW this year - Babel (great), Kakuta, John, Moreno and Gama (more or less unsuccesfull).

We need a quality, fast player always braking on the side, cutting inside, sending crosses and finishing. We have lots of playmakers, playmaker wingers, but no quality as a basic winger. We also need a striker to company Andone, and preferably a third option striker....our new winger would idealy also be able to play as a striker.

My plan in attack:
Andone
"Worldclass" LW - Colak - Cartabia

Colaks replacment is Fajr, "Worclass" LW replacment is Gama, Cartabia's replacment is Gil, maybe Valle if he proves himself, and Andone's replacment is a new (young and hungry) striker as Lucas probably isn't a real option.
Riera could stay as striker Nb 3 if nobody will take him off our sholders, otherwise a Fabril striker for striker Nb.3

In this case we would have continuity: 5 guys (Andone, Colak, Fajr, Gama, Gil or Valle), Cartabia is also close to this, + 2 quality newcomers.

That in my opinion would be as close to perfecion in offence as our money can buy.

-
Old 07-06-2017, 17:32   #2
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
...We finally have a few guys having contracts from the last season, playing resonably well and continuing:
-Andone - ST
-Colak - AM
-Fajr - AM/LW/RW
-Gama - LW/RW...

Last year we lost almost our entire attacking lines in the summer, so having these 4 is a welcome starting point for this year's rebuild. However, Fajr could request to leave to gain more minutes elsewhere. And Gama doesn't convince me enough that he's Primera quality.

And the big elephant in the room is Mel's preference for a 4-4-2 system. If he insists on it, I can see Colak being sold coz he doesn't fit that draw. The money received for him could also be vital for our recruitment plans (e.g. bringing back Lucas).
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 18:29   #3
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

I hope Colak will stay for another year 'cos nobody is going to offer more than €4 million for him at this point.. Gama unfortunately was nowhere near the level he showed three years back...
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 21:08   #4
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

Its good to have 3 strikers at least....not just 2....to be ready for tactic changes

We need to clarify if Colak and Fajr will continue or will be sold...cuz there are rumors that they can be transfered

Imo we need to get rid of Moreno and 1 from John and Gama (why not both?) so we need more new wingers....cartabia and gil are ok for now
Old 07-06-2017, 22:27   #5
american123

american123 is off the scale

We also have to remember that Mel hasn't seen any of the players that left for loan and knowing his 4-4-2 ideas I could see Riera staying (hopefully not). I agree that Colak doesn't really have a place on the team anymore and hopefully selling him and keep Gil here permanently.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 15:31   #6
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I consider Kakuta has the talent, we could have seen it against Sevilla.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:16   #7
hari

Peña Member

two new friendlies have been announced:

Aug-3: Oviedo – Dépor (Carlos Tartiere, Oviedo)
Aug-5: Deportivo – West Bromwich Albion (Riazor)

so far 11 friendlies have been announced:

Jul-13: Racing Villalbés – Deportivo (A Magdalena, Vilalba)
Jul-14: Arosa – Deportivo (A Lomba, Vilagarcía de Arousa)
Jul-15: Silva – Deportivo (Campus Universitario de Elviña, A Coruña)
Jul-18: Cerceda – Deportivo (O Roxo, Cerceda)
Jul-20: Somozas – Deportivo (Manuel Candocia, Somozas)
Jul-22: Bergantiños – Deportivo (As Eiroas, Carballo)
Jul-25: Pontevedra – Deportivo (Pasarón, Pontevedra)
Jul-27: Racing de Ferrol – Deportivo (A Malata, Ferrol)
Jul-30: FC Porto – Deportivo (O Dragão, Porto)
Aug-3: Oviedo – Dépor (Carlos Tartiere, Oviedo)
Aug-5: Deportivo – West Bromwich Albion (Riazor)
Old 09-06-2017, 13:38   #8
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

dont know why every year we play many games with low division teams and just 1-2 elite teams? this is not good and need to be changed
Old 09-06-2017, 15:10   #9
hari

Peña Member

friendly games are just get the players fit and not get seriously injured.. these are not meant to be competitive matches.. good thing here is that most of the matches will be played in Galicia and so there will be less travel..
Old 22-06-2017, 14:10   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Too many games imo. Better to have half the number and send the squad to an army boot camp for a week in between!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 14:27   #11
hari

Peña Member

Haha
Old 26-06-2017, 08:03   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We are one week from the start of the pre-season and only one aditional player has arrived:
-Valverde, loan, CM.

We need to sign a winger and I like the names as Amrabat, Ibai Gomez, but its just speculation.
No news about striker(s), since Andone is the only one left (Ok, also Riera is in the squad).
From what we gather Moreno, Kakuta, Joselu are gone, Gil and John are almost not an option. The clubs are selling them, we aren't buying them. End of story, or maybe a loan at the end of the transfer window, nevertheless this 5 loanies aren't/shouldn't be considered core. There is no news on Roef, but probably we aren't interested and he has a ling term contract in Brussels.

Renewals: Navaro - automatic, Juanfran - no direct news but he is/ will be ours, but maybe sold soon? Guilherme - signed and payed (around 5 M), hope he will become our piller in midfield.

Players that we don't need (right now):

GK:Tyton. Lux is probably gone, Ruben could stay and Tyton should be sent out - a wish from both sides - but we need a new starting goalie, which could delay the operation.

LB: Saul - Luisinho and Navarro are staying, so he needs to be loaned already and come back in top shape for the next season, since L and N are ending contract. No need to wait with the operation.

CB: Two many players. I hope Sidnei, Insua, Arribas stay, but the first two have offers. 1/2 have to go. Rober is the active option, but Sidnei and/or Insua could end up leaving for money. Hope Rober is the one going. This could end up messy with Arribas and Albentosa the only one staying and newcomers claiming 2 aditional positions.

CM: Two many players. JD has one year left and should be resided somehow. He won't get a chance and should play in Segunda. Selling Borges now that Valverde is here should be a big option. We could earn money and clear the Fgn spot. If not, then Alex will have to leave, he is also on the last year of contract. 4 CM is enough. No need to wait with the decisions here aswell.

AM: Bicho. I don't know his case, but he probably isn't a candidate for the A team. Could stay with Fabril or on a loan - there is still time to decide.

ST: Riera. Probably not good enough, one year of contract left. We need to bring at least 2 strikers or 1 + Riera stays. I don't know if Osasuna would still want him, or any other Segunda team, he probably won't get a Primera team, so he might be reluctant to leave. Since there is no activity to bring in strikers, he has to stay for now.

At least Saul and the midfield situation could be decided already, but nothing is happening.
Old 26-06-2017, 08:15   #13
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
From what we gather Moreno, Kakuta, Joselu are gone, Gil and John are almost not an option. The clubs are selling them, we aren't buying them. End of story, or maybe a loan at the end of the transfer window, nevertheless this 5 loanies aren't/shouldn't be considered core. There is no news on Roef, but probably we aren't interested and he has a ling term contract in Brussels.
If Insua is sold for the rumoured amount, I believe Gil would be the top priority to be bought.. Regarding Roef, some Belgian papers reported last day that Depor could try for him on loan, but this time with a buyout clause.. this may be true, since Anderlecht has just signed Matz Sels from Newcastle on loan for the season..

[quote=IztokST: Riera. Probably not good enough, one year of contract left. We need to bring at least 2 strikers or 1 + Riera stays. I don't know if Osasuna would still want him, or any other Segunda team, he probably won't get a Primera team, so he might be reluctant to leave. Since there is no activity to bring in strikers, he has to stay for now.[/QUOTE]
Riera, the best option would be to use him as a part in exchange for someone like Alvaro Garcia (Cadiz).. Cadiz are looking to get promoted next season, and Riera could just be what they would need..
Old 29-06-2017, 16:27   #14
Laci92
Occasional Member

Laci92 is on a distinguished road

We reached an agreement about our debt. We will pay the 43 million at the next 15 years. So we can raise our salary cap
Old 29-06-2017, 16:28   #15
hari

Peña Member

there is a meeting going on between Tino and the President of Abanca (Juan Carlos Escotet).. as I understand the bank has agreed to loan €45 million in order to cover our short term debts and thereby increase our salary cap.. I believe Carlos will post a proper summary later..