Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 27-08-2008, 19:07   #1
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fifa 2009

I must admit, I was hating on Fifa last year and bought PES 2008 over it for my Xbox 360.....what a mistake. This year I won't be making this mistake for sure. I love playing Xbox Live and Pro was possibly the worst game to play. It froze, the ball would teleport suddenly to different parts of the field, and you can't talk to your opponent; you have an option of 3 cheesy comments to amke after a goal. Overall it was a major dissapointment. I'm definitely buyin Fifa 2009 this year and it looks promising:

-EA has exlusive rights to Liga BBVA and Adelante (the new names for first and second division in Spain), so PES will have fake team and player names for every team except Madrid/Barcelona.

-FIFA 09 includes the popular feature innovation, Be A Pro, which has now been expanded to include a career mode. This allows you to create your very own professional player, develop and improve his skills over a few seasons, and see if you can eventually build him up to be a national legend.

-FIFA 09 lets you customize tactical settings so that CPU players and your team perform just like teams out there in the real world. You can adjust the positioning and support play of your teammates, deciding exactly how they will play in a variety of situations. You can save your tactics while still making strategic decisions as the game progresses.

-With FIFA 09 players will now behave according to their particular physique, with the speed and weight of individual players being taken into account, and larger, stronger players imparting greater momentum to the ball and to other players. This will determine outcomes such as the distance of a slide tackle, and the power of a header.

-Another impressive improvement that FIFA 09 has is that we can now determine the weather, and the time of day of play. The rain has an effect on how the players dress, such as whether they wear gloves, knee-length socks, and so on. It can be determined whether the games are played in daylight, at night or at dusk

-The guys who have worked to bring FIFA 09 up to its present level have used the laws of physics, and techniques of mathematical modeling, to create a much improved game, with loads of enhancements to make the playing more authentic. This means more responsive first time shooting and passing, greater control when dribbling and trapping, and more authentic collisions.

-One of the great improvements of FIFA 09 is that the goalkeeper will be able to play with much greater skill, positioning himself more effectively, executing saves with better reactions, and getting back into gear much faster after a save has been made. With these better techniques we won’t be able to blame the software if we let a goal in.

According to Amazon, Fifa 09 will be released Oct 3, 2008.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 03:52   #2
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

I agree Prov Evo was a shocker last year...but I reckon you should wait for Pro Evo 09 to come out and then make your decision. I'm sure both games will have a large list of features but when it comes down to it Pro Evo always wins in a football aspect.

And don't worry to much about the licences...there will be patches in no time
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 05:40   #3
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Cant wait!!!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 16:57   #4
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben
I agree Prov Evo was a shocker last year...but I reckon you should wait for Pro Evo 09 to come out and then make your decision. I'm sure both games will have a large list of features but when it comes down to it Pro Evo always wins in a football aspect.

And don't worry to much about the licences...there will be patches in no time
You're right, pro was alway better gameplay wise. But honestly Fifa has really stepped it up lately. Graphics wise, Fifa was always better. But now they are making steps to improve the gameplay and it will be bloing Pro out of the water if Pro doesn't make improvements as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 19:30   #5
JerseyDepor
Almost Regular

JerseyDepor is on a distinguished road

ive always liked fifa and cant wait for it to come out this year. its by far the most popular soccer game in the states
JerseyDepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 17:57   #6
alexuk
Beginner

alexuk is off the scale

i cant wait until it comes out.
two years ago was the first year i got pes and i did not enjoy it as much. Also i have heard that pes is bad online and i have payed fifa 08 on the xbox and its very good.
alexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 13:11   #7
TurkishSuperDepor

TurkishSuperDepor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to TurkishSuperDepor

I hate fifa.. EA always making same fifa every year .. Pes is 1000 times better than fifa..
TurkishSuperDepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 16:33   #8
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishSuperDepor
I hate fifa.. EA always making same fifa every year .. Pes is 1000 times better than fifa..
You should've played both 2008 versions, PES was 1000x worse IMO and this is coming from someone who loved PES and chose it over Fifa in the past few years. But last year, Fifa's superiority was really clear.

The trailer for Fifa 09 can be seen here: http://www.fifa2009.org/
Old 10-09-2008, 17:00   #9
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Only on the consoles, though. I tried both versions on PC, and although PES wasn't as good as it was in the 6-version, mainly because of a far from perfect change from the DirectX 8.1 to 9.0 and an awful online mode, it was still a lot better than FIFA 08. On PC, FIFA is year after year the same old crap.

It'll be interesting to see this year, though. PES looks the same, although some reported improvements, while FIFA to me still looks quite the same in gameplay as well, while the graphic is amazing.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 17:02   #10
Kenji
Almost Regular

Kenji is off the scale

PES is better , but still I can't wait for this 09 version to appear
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05   #11
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

Yea surely Konami won't shoot itself in the foot twice...
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 20:32   #12
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

I think Im gonna invest in an xbox 360 and then buy this game. I play alot of fifa on my pc and I find that very entertaining even though I play with the lowest graphics. If I got an xbox, the graphics and gameplay etc. would be soo much better due to it being nextgen. Damn, can't wait

Edit: This feature looks amaazing!!

EA SPORTS today revealed a new online mode called FIFA 09 Clubs, designed for PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360, that enables gamers to form or join user-controlled ‘clubs’ anywhere in the world. Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs of up to 50 friends and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play, a feature that enables 20 people on 20 different consoles anywhere in the world to connect online to play a single match of FIFA 09.

FIFA 09 Clubs will determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs are ranked based on total points and placed in a division. Clubs are relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their performance during the season. In addition, FIFA 09 Clubs will enable Club Managers to scout rival players to identify a player that fits his or her squad, and then recruit them to join their club. Up to 10 players on a Club can participate in a single game and Clubs are able to play multiple games simultaneously if they wish.

Last edited by Benn : 13-09-2008 at 09:22.
Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 15:17   #13
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

question guysssssss in pro evo 08 for wi is OUR RIAZOR!!!!
will it in fifa 09???

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:17   #14
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

No, it won't. Unfortunately.
Old 21-09-2008, 16:52   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

On pc, you should buy PES. On Xbox 360/PS3, Fifa is certainly the way to go. Fifa on Xbox360 is also even a lot more entertaining than PES on pc. It really is. PES has been the same game for years now, it's getting embarassing. Fifa 08's only problem (on XBOX360 and PS3) was the downright awful keeper. I hope they get it right this time, that way PES is no competition for Fifa.