Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 22-07-2020, 13:58   #61
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by american123
It's incredible what a difference that Mallorca game last year would have done. With 50M in TV income it's possible the debt could have been cut by 20-25% this year.

So many if's and but's with our club that I have lost count!!!
Old 22-07-2020, 19:26   #62
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Question“is the club viable at Segunda B? With what budget?”

Presidents answer “It’s an unlikely case that we will play in Segunda B”

Confident or naive ? The opinion is yours.
Old 22-07-2020, 19:41   #63
lottery loverat
Occasional Member

lottery loverat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Segunda B was stopped, temporarily, but these days the play offs for the promotion are being played. Cartagena and Logrones have promoted so far, and two more teams are pending

Cartagena! The cruise I was on that stopped at A Coruna also stopped at Cartagena!
Very strange surroundings from all the mining. Very quiet as well, there was no one there to meet the cruise whereas everywhere else people came out to sell stuff to the tourists. There was more people in the A Coruna band playing goodbye songs than we saw anywhere in Cartagena. I remember someone on here saying another poster will have been in the band....maybe as a joke?
lottery loverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 21:26   #64
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery loverat
Cartagena! The cruise I was on that stopped at A Coruna also stopped at Cartagena!
Very strange surroundings from all the mining. Very quiet as well, there was no one there to meet the cruise whereas everywhere else people came out to sell stuff to the tourists. There was more people in the A Coruna band playing goodbye songs than we saw anywhere in Cartagena. I remember someone on here saying another poster will have been in the band....maybe as a joke?

a hell of a cruise that

Cartagena more or less a strong club (for segunda B level), strong support etc, were pushing hard for promotion for many seasons, just like Castellon another segunda B "giant"
Too many play-offs throughout the seasons.
I mentioning them, cause segunda b is tough, you can spend years edging the promotion....
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 02:01   #65
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Well, this thing is now a huge fight against Tebas

The government has accused Fuenlabrada and La Liga of lying and cheating on the protocols. The RFEF is also ready to attack. Won't be surprised if we end up in a league with 24 teams
Old 23-07-2020, 02:32   #66
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Have been thinking of this case we need a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

The government has accused Fuenlabrada and La Liga of lying and cheating on the protocols. The RFEF is also ready to attack. Won't be surprised if we end up in a league with 24 teams
Old 23-07-2020, 07:33   #67
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

wow
Old 23-07-2020, 09:15   #68
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I really wish but I don't think any thing will change
we are Segunda B team
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 10:16   #69
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Quote:

Wowzers!!! What a mess. I think this is the only solution where everyone will be happy (and 6 teams in the playoffs - although how will that work?)
Old 23-07-2020, 11:49   #70
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

The 24 team league and 6 team playoff is the only thing that will make everyone happy. Unlike when the league expanded to 22, you can go back to normal with 6 relegation spots next year. This year has cause for nothing to be normal so it would be justified.

In England, the second tier also has 24, and I wouldn't hate the idea of a german style playoff where the 18th placed team would play one of the playoff teams from 2B for a spot in Segunda. Unfortunately, I also think that we will play in 2B but the involvement of the Spanish government now may change things.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 12:05   #71
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we will be relegated but if Tebas is forced to resign then at least there will be some sort of silver lining, even if it's very thin.

However, although I expect our relegation to be confirmed at some point, there is still hope that we may get saved so will be crossing everything that it happens.
Old 23-07-2020, 12:11   #72
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuenlabradagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Wowzers!!! What a mess. I think this is the only solution where everyone will be happy (and 6 teams in the playoffs - although how will that work?)

It would be something like this 5th vs 8th (A) and 6th vs 7th (B). The semi finals Zaragoza vs (A) and Almeria vs (B). However, I can't see Almeria, Girona and Zaragoza agreeing to this, especially Girona.

Regarding our situation. It's good to see other clubs voicing concerns. If we were battling this on our own we would have no chance of success. Numancia are in a similar situation to us whereas Elche and Rayo Vallecano have their issues with the play offs. As a bargaining chip we should refuse to play the rearranged fixture until concrete plans are in place to solve problem. I feel by playing the game by fulfilling the calendar will play into Tebas's hands. Exceptional circumstances demand 24 team Segunda next season for one season IMO. I accept relegation if we weren't good enough on the pitch, but we were not given the option on Monday evening.

Last edited by Diligent : 23-07-2020 at 12:39.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 12:57   #73
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Just been reading some articles on Marcas web page and reading the comments.

It seems people are very unsympathetic towards us. A lot of comments saying we should go down, as by us not playing, it actually had no effect on our outcome.

Other comments can't understand Numanciacs complaint as they actually won their game and, like us, were down regardless.

There is some sympathy towards Elche, as people agree that their chances of reaching the playoffs have been hampered.

In conclusion, people are saying we should be awarded the three points, which obviously doesn't change anything for us or Numancia. However, it would allow Elche to play in the playoffs.

This, unfortunately, seems the most likely outcome. However, fingers crossed I am wrong and by some miracle, the league is extended to 24 and 6 clubs can play the playoffs.
Old 23-07-2020, 13:42   #74
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This, unfortunately, seems the most likely outcome.

In any other case, yes. But in this case it would hurt the club of the son of the president, so I believe/hope more in the 24/6 solution.

Unless Tebias is being released of duty, then the more probable outcome is the 3 points one.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 14:23   #75
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Just been reading some articles on Marcas web page and reading the comments.

It seems people are very unsympathetic towards us. A lot of comments saying we should go down, as by us not playing, it actually had no effect on our outcome.

By not playing we couldn't effect the outcome. That's the point of the complaint. If we played we may have still gone down, but we weren't given the chance.

This is what you alluded to in the first paragraph of your post #157. It's not a criticism of you, but the comments you read on the Marca website.

Last edited by Diligent : 23-07-2020 at 15:44.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote