Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 21-07-2020, 10:22   #31
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a really rough time for all of us, just wanted to make a few points.

1) Covid 19 is a global pandemic, we have all been told what to do by our local governments since March now. How can Fuenlabrada travel to Coruna with up to 12 players who have tested positive. This potentially endangers scores of people from Coruna. Airport workers, hotel workers, bar and restaurant workers etc, this is unacceptable and should be in the news for complete negligence. around safety protocols.

2) All we really ask for is a level playing field, the same rules for all the professional clubs. What happened yesterday was far from that, the final match day of the season with so much at stake for so many clubs, the matches need to be played on the same day, at the same time. Also finding out the game could not be played 1 hour before kick off was shameful.

3) I don't believe we will win any of the 2 legal cases, Spanish football is corrupt, its the sad truth. I also understand that Tebas has shares or some sort of role at Fuenlabrada, so we have no chance.

4) We need to learn from our mistakes over the last decade, where we have become a yo-yo club with no real stability. Once again we will need to bring in a whole new squad, I can see a good 18 or so players leaving. This time around I want to see us develop a core spine of players from the Fabril and some good solid players from Segunda in their mid twenties. Players who know how to compete and can potentially grow with us over the coming years. We cannot afford to bring in passengers, who are not able to roll up their sleeves and fight for the Team.

5) We need to generate as much income as possible through sales of players, season tickets, match day tickets and clothing/club merchandise. We know that the debts are up to the neck and we all need to do our bit to help as much as possible to get out of Segunda B ASAP, to not put the existence of the club at risk.

Grim times, but we have been here before and went on to spend 20 years in Primera.

Forza Depor!
Old 21-07-2020, 10:26   #32
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Thanks Carlos, Xoan..

Eventhough it is extremely sad and tough to digest, we played badly and only have ourselves to blame for the relegation.. next season we need to fix a good combination of quality Fabril players, some on loan players and veterans and bounce straight back..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 11:07   #33
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hori
the only option is to push for a 24 teams league (with Numancia and Depor) for the next season.

I like that idea. But 24 is really a lot.

Quote:

The Elche thing is though as well. Basically they are kicked off from the playoff.

Since it's 'only' playoff and not yet a promotion, they could add 2 teams to the playoff as well.

Everybody happy, even if we don't deserve a second chance.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 11:30   #34
lottery loverat
Occasional Member

lottery loverat is on a distinguished road

How does next season work?
It’s just appeared on my twitter feed that theguardian.com Spanish football correspondent writes it’s 100 teams divided into 20 groups of 5! Surely that should be 5 groups of 20? The Twitter acct asks if it’s a covid related change to normal system?
lottery loverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 11:43   #35
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt there's a concrete plan. Even the plan when the current season will end was different one day ago, than today.

In general this season segunda b will be having 100 teams (i had read about 4 groups), but next season, the new segunda b will be more compact, 2 groups.

Theoretically this means that a very very small percentage (4 of the 100?) of the teams will get promoted to segunda, while another percentage of the top teams will get promoted/remain to the new segunda b.

The majority will end to the 4th tier, whatever this could be called.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 12:44   #36
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Well, this game will never going to be played. The players showed today just to pick up their taff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
I doubt there's a concrete plan. Even the plan when the current season will end was different one day ago, than today.

In general this season segunda b will be having 100 teams (i had read about 4 groups), but next season, the new segunda b will be more compact, 2 groups.

Theoretically this means that a very very small percentage (4 of the 100?) of the teams will get promoted to segunda, while another percentage of the top teams will get promoted/remain to the new segunda b.

The majority will end to the 4th tier, whatever this could be called.

Here's what we know. There will be 10 groups of 10 teams. Only 18 games to be played in a first stage. The second stage will divide the teams.
Places 1-3 in each group will fight for the promotion to Segunda
Places 4-6 will fight for staying at the third-tier.
Places 7-10 will fight for not been demoted to the fifth-tier
Old 21-07-2020, 14:08   #37
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

Somebody knew that the lawyer of fuenlabrada is the son of the president of la Liga? There we go with the corruption... https://www.riazor.org/y-ahora-que-tebas/

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 14:39   #38
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

Here's what we know. There will be 10 groups of 10 teams. Only 18 games to be played in a first stage. The second stage will divide the teams.
Places 1-3 in each group will fight for the promotion to Segunda
Places 4-6 will fight for staying at the third-tier.
Places 7-10 will fight for not been demoted to the fifth-tier

I assume it will be regional so you're looking at Celta B, Coruxo, Pontevedra, Racing Santander, Ferrol, Sporting B, Oviedo B, Compostela or Ourense (Tercera playoff winner) + 1 more
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 14:44   #39
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Lugo and Albacete played with an advantage as they didn’t play with the pressure of knowing our score. I cannot understand the decision of any of the bodies to allow the rest of the fixtures to go ahead knowing how important the last games of the season were.

I was upset yesterday, I was born in Laxe and grew up in Coruña and have followed the team through unbelievable times. However, today my sadness has turned to anger and disbelief. I feel cheated, if we were to go down it should have been in fair conditions. Any other team in our position would be making an appeal (as pointless as it will be). Spanish football is, as a lot of you say, so corrupt. However, I just feel that this happens to us time and time again - remember the match fixing scandal that effectively relegated us a few years ago, constant decisions that go against us, no appeals ever being overturned??? The team was poor this season but how many points did we lose to poor decisions?

Enough is enough with this BS. Man City just had a European ban lifted when they are clearly in the wrong. it’s just all about money - something, unfortunately, we don’t have

Rant over !!!!!

Last edited by Mr Pink : 21-07-2020 at 14:46.
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 16:54   #40
babydepor
Almost Regular

babydepor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to babydepor Send a message via Yahoo to babydepor

We went down because we deserved it maybe...but can you imagine if we have played at the same time as the other teams and score 2 goals in the fist half...can you imagine the pressure that would be on Lugo and Albacete ? They wouldn’t be comfortable at all and probably wouldn’t win their games ! That’s why the club needs to fight for it even tho we don’t have so many chances because all of our appeals got rejected throughout the season...in the end it’s a corrupt league! Even knowing Fuenalabrada’s lawyer is the the son of la liga’s president makes it more disgusting!
babydepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 17:00   #41
babydepor
Almost Regular

babydepor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to babydepor Send a message via Yahoo to babydepor

Don’t forget that also the media wants to see Depor relegated as well so they can sell more news and articles of “for the first time a historic champion goes down to the third tier”.
babydepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 19:03   #42
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Question related to Segunda next year. As far as i know Segunda B was cancelled this year due to COVID so i was wondering who will be promoted to replace relegated teams from Segunda?
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 19:40   #43
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
However, I just feel that this happens to us time and time again - remember the match fixing scandal that effectively relegated us a few years ago, constant decisions that go against us, no appeals ever being overturned??? The team was poor this season but how many points did we lose to poor decisions?

Very very well said!!!
Old 21-07-2020, 19:42   #44
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
Question related to Segunda next year. As far as i know Segunda B was cancelled this year due to COVID so i was wondering who will be promoted to replace relegated teams from Segunda?

Segunda B was stopped, temporarily, but these days the play offs for the promotion are being played. Cartagena and Logrones have promoted so far, and two more teams are pending
Old 21-07-2020, 19:46   #45
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors

Just to add to ggeorg's post. The other games take place this Thursday.

Atletico Baleares vs UD Cornella

Barcelona B vs CD Badajoz

Castellon vs Pena Dep. Santa Eulalia

Leonesa vs Sabadell

I believe these are one off matches, not home and away. The winners will play a final for two teams to join the club's that ggeorg mention in his post.

Last edited by Diligent : 21-07-2020 at 20:08.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote