Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 19-05-2019, 21:40   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | May-19-2019 | matchday 39 | 20h00 | Lugo 1 - Depor 0 | Post-match thread

Well, it's over. Terrible game and another year in Segunda
Old 19-05-2019, 21:44   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it?
I'm afraid to do the maths atm....

With 9pts?

Edit: ok, did the maths....realistically we can still surpass Cadiz, but we will be having hopes only by winning Mallorca at home, and Cadiz losing away to Granada.
But even a draw to Granada will be enough for Cadiz (and afterwards 6pts is very doable for them).

Last edited by ggeorg : 19-05-2019 at 21:52.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 07:46   #3
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

theoretically still Mallorca (going to in-form Extremadura and playing at home with 2nd Granada) and Malaga (playing away in Albacete) could be overtaken by us, but....
Old 20-05-2019, 08:30   #4
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

At this point of the season, as every season in segunda, the gap between motivated teams and unmotivated teams is huge.

It's late May, temperatures are like 30C at parts of Spain, most of football leagues are over, segunda players are already watching their primera friends uploading videos from vacations so those teams that left to still playing football for nth (Elche i.e) are mentally on vacation.

In our current form no way we can get 9pts, but playing away to Elche and home to Cordoba are very doable, taking in mind this vacation state of the rivals.

Our last shot, is the home game with Mallorca, winning this and still we will be having a chance
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 10:19   #5
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

I liked Fernando Vazquez but the I thought promotion was a sort of duty. I never rated the promotion high. But these days I realise how he was good with poor squad at that time.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 10:56   #6
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.TRISTAN
I liked Fernando Vazquez but the I thought promotion was a sort of duty. I never rated the promotion high. But these days I realise how he was good with poor squad at that time.
Segunda is much stronger now.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 12:25   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Its over for the season, we need to accept that we will remain in Segunda next season.

We have no momentum, no players showing real form, every week depending on other results.

So Sad!!
Old 20-05-2019, 14:12   #8
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
20/May/2019: 18h17: Deportivo: The first team is resting today and tomorrow. The players return to train on Wednesday (Abegondo, 11h00 CET)

Well the players are rewarded with two day holiday after this sh*t performance.
I'm sure the coach/players will promise everything, like we still have chance, just focus on Mallorca, win UCL and so on... but I'm 100% sure they've already given up this campaign.
Old 20-05-2019, 16:46   #9
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

whats wrong with this team. First part of the season was decent. but second is the worst ever. players lost everything. need big changes at this summer and praper for next season. very sad (
Old 20-05-2019, 22:31   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

The biggest mistake of current board was not to strenghten the team with strong signings during winter market.
Additionally players from which was expected a lot have failed tremendously - like Cartabia.
Sorry to say that, but at the end you see why these lads are nowhere else, but in Segunda with Depor.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:50   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

We need a spine to the Team, solid foundations to build on, and unfortunately we don't have this.

Caballo - Edu and Quique are the only permanent players that we have, that we can count on going forward. Maybe Rober (not likely) and Galan could be added to this list.

Vicente & Somma= Squad players
Dani deserves another 1 year contract, but we need a new No.1 and Keeper between 25-30 years old.

All the rest are either not good enough, too old or on loan.

And what happened to Vitor Silva and Montiel, they both performed pretty decently when they played!
Old 21-05-2019, 22:51   #12
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1-What the hell is happening to Dominguos, Mari, Saul and Alex!? They are supposed to be the strongest defensive players of Segunda. I can't believe that Boveda is the one stepping up in the last few games!!
2-Edu did well on this game, but he lacks that little something to make more decisive passes to the strikers
3-All the offensive players are playing like crap, which probably forces the team to defend more, which exposed our defence.
4-We should put our ego aside and play a more direct game now for the last few games. Santos should start with Quique, and we need to put 15 good crosses in the box, I am sure they may score a couple.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote