Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 19-07-2018, 10:07   #1
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General evolution (2018/2019)

This week it became a bit clearer on the situation of our squad for the upcoming season.

GK: "New face", Gimenez, Francis.
Comparing to the last season we start from scrath and hopefully will find a better formula then Ruben,Pantilimon,Koval and Tyton, who is finally on the verge of leaving Depor.

RB: Valentin,Boveda (Blas).
We are losing Juanfran, Boveda was terrible last year and Valentin didn't get a chance. Maybe we would need a new face, but I think it is OK for Segunda.

LB: Durarbier,Saul,Caballo.
New faces, Saul is established as a Segunda player, Caballo was one of the best of Fabril, the argentine experienced Segunda player. Ditching Luisinho and Navarro is a good thing, giving Saul or Caballo a chance also. Generally I think we will be OK.

CB: Mori,Schar,Sidnei, "New face".
Albentosa seems to be discarded, hope he gets a club and says goodby as soon as possible. Rober would be great, but ends up leaving us. Big question remains on Sidnei and Schar - I really hope at least one of them stays. One and Mujaid are some Fabril options, but we will need a new face or two - we might wait untill the end of the window to find adequate help. This sector on players could go either way -let's hope for the best.

CM: Mosquera,Alex,Borges, Krohn Dehli, Edu, "new man".
From the looks of it, Natxo will want to play a 3 man midfield as he did in Zaragoza. Guilherme should leave, Borges might stay. I don't see us keeping Muntari or Valverde. But I do hope we find one new man - as the last season we didn't present a good central midfield.

Wingers,playmakers: Valle, Sanchez, Cartabia, "1-2 new guys"
From the interwiews we will be using 1 striker + 2 offensive players, only logicall as we probably won't sign 2-3 new strikers. Cartabia would be really beneficial as a rock to built around - moving him more into a playmaker role in my opinion would be a great idea. But we have to convince him to stay. I doubt that Gil will continue, so we need new men. Bicho seems to be in the first team, so maybe he will be counted for. We lost Colak and Bakkali from last season. Colak has quality, so we need a real reinforcment to replace him. If we plan to play 4-2-3-1, we need three new guys. As always one of the most problematic areas to cover in Depor. Hopefully solutions will be better.

Strikers: Santos, Rolan, "new guy"
Rolan would be very usefull, especially since he is proven and would do the whole pre-seson. If not, we need 2 more man. That means mucho dinero. We lost all our strikers Andone,Adrian and Lucas. As always our offensive end is built from scratch. Situation in this sector is worriing...as always.

If we find good offensive players early on and if we fill the gaps at the CB and CM adequatly during the pre-seasons I think we will be fine for Segunda. Let's do this
Old 19-07-2018, 14:33   #2
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Sidnei will be transfered to Krasnodar it seems.
On the other hand, Schar and Borges told to the press that they've been happy in Deportivo and in the city of La Coruna, so they would have nothing against staying in our shirt. Those are great news and it seems we are going to sell them only if some good offer arives in the next period.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 14:55   #3
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

that's a good gesture from Schar and Borges, but I doubt Schar can stay since he has a €4 million buyout and there will be many suitors for a center back that played WC..

EDIT: Gil today mentioned that he is ready to honor the contract and would leave only if the offer is satisfactory for the club and him..

Last edited by hari : 19-07-2018 at 14:58.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 16:29   #4
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko
Sidnei will be transfered to Krasnodar it seems.
On the other hand, Schar and Borges told to the press that they've been happy in Deportivo and in the city of La Coruna, so they would have nothing against staying in our shirt. Those are great news and it seems we are going to sell them only if some good offer arives in the next period.

I really hope we manage to at least recoup the money we spent on him.
Old 19-07-2018, 20:43   #5
abdul001

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

so far so good
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 10:41   #6
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

The deal was for 6m from what I've heard, and we have a % for a future sale, not sure how much the % is.

So we have basically lost 4m on Sidnei.
Old 20-07-2018, 11:05   #7
DepHun
Veteran
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
The deal was for 6m from what I've heard, and we have a % for a future sale, not sure how much the % is.

So we have basically lost 4m on Sidnei.
how much did we lose with relegation then?
Old 20-07-2018, 18:38   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

how much some clubs were willing to pay for Sidnei last year ?
in past 2 years he has lowered his performance and he played like 10 decent games last season.
it's time for him to go.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:01   #9
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Carmelo said yesterday that we are covered and that new players will only come to replace the ones that will be transfered.

Especially in the offensive end this is weird, as after Rolan left only 6 man are left, but we still have 6 players for 2 CM spots. The idea to play a 4-4-2 and have two players for each position doesn't add up. From the 2 friendlies that we had Natxo always strarted with 3 CM and 3 offensive players. Are we going toward the Atletico style CM playing on the side idea?

The other option is a 3 man pivot + 3 offensive players that can play in a line, 1 behind 2, or 2 behind 1 in the attack. Looking at the profile that sounds much more logical. It seems that the only real striker is Santos, with Quiche as an universal forward, Valle also isn't a real striker, Fede more of a playmaker, also Pedro strikes me as a winger - so it is hard to imagine us always playing with 2 upfront.
Old 27-07-2018, 11:29   #10
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i won't bother this season learning all those the new players...after all, next season we will have new ones...

I hope other members don't mind me commenting on forum things like "that number 17, has he ever kicked a ball again?" etc....
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 12:30   #11
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Carmelo said yesterday that we are covered and that new players will only come to replace the ones that will be transfered.

Especially in the offensive end this is weird, as after Rolan left only 6 man are left, but we still have 6 players for 2 CM spots. The idea to play a 4-4-2 and have two players for each position doesn't add up. From the 2 friendlies that we had Natxo always strarted with 3 CM and 3 offensive players. Are we going toward the Atletico style CM playing on the side idea?

The other option is a 3 man pivot + 3 offensive players that can play in a line, 1 behind 2, or 2 behind 1 in the attack. Looking at the profile that sounds much more logical. It seems that the only real striker is Santos, with Quiche as an universal forward, Valle also isn't a real striker, Fede more of a playmaker, also Pedro strikes me as a winger - so it is hard to imagine us always playing with 2 upfront.

from what I have read even Fede can be a CF in the eyes of our coach, so as borja valle and ofcourse Santos and Quieqe
Old 27-07-2018, 12:51   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
from what I have read even Fede can be a CF in the eyes of our coach, so as borja valle and ofcourse Santos and Quieqe

Ok, but who will be the winger then - that leaves only Gil and Valle. My point is that for 4 offensive positions - striker,wingers,playymakers we only have 6 players, while for the 2 CM positions we have 6.
Old 27-07-2018, 15:05   #13
american123

american123 is off the scale

In the press conference this morning Natxo said that he wants his fullbacks to be very offensive so I think that explains why there is no wing players and we are going more towards that Atletico model. There are 6CM's but they assume Guillherme and/or Borges will leave before the season begins.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 21:58   #14
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Ok, but who will be the winger then - that leaves only Gil and Valle. My point is that for 4 offensive positions - striker,wingers,playymakers we only have 6 players, while for the 2 CM positions we have 6.

frankly, until now I can't swallow what has been said by Del pozo and the coach.

I can judge Del pozo now but won't make any comments

and I will only judge the coach after six matches
Old 29-07-2018, 12:39   #15
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Why, since Tino, do we always play those friendlies/practice games, against totally weak teams from lower divisions? To make us look good? Nobody wants to play against us?
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote