Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 15-07-2003, 11:40   #196
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Maybe lendoiro is just in fear to lose his face if he accepts the deal and therefore is waiting that long!?

That's a big part of it. Lendoiro has a reputation of being a tough negotiator and so he doesn't like to be pushed by Makaay and Munich.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 12:02   #197
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Yes it's true about Maakay earning that money.That's what the contract was when he signed from Tenerife and it has never been upgraded.
Lendoiro will not budge an inch until he gets what he wants.He has always been that way.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 12:05   #198
coffeecup
Beginner

coffeecup is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
Yes it's true about Maakay earning that money.That's what the contract was when he signed from Tenerife and it has never been upgraded.
Lendoiro will not budge an inch until he gets what he wants.He has always been that way.

and the problem is, Uli Hoeness has always been that way too
coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 12:29   #199
achtung
Beginner

achtung is off the scale

Hola

I also think that Hoeness and Lendoiro will not budge and a deal will not be made.

Eventhough I would like to see Makaay very much in a Bayern shirt 25million euro is too much. He is already 28 ?

FCBAYERN !!
achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 12:29   #200
chriskloss
Beginner

chriskloss is an unknown quantity at this point

and the problem is, Uli Hoeness has always been that way too [/quote]

That means, at least, nothing will happen. Next year again? Then Makaay will be cheaper (because of only one more year contract).
Old 15-07-2003, 12:37   #201
Sloburn

Sloburn is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Sloburn

Quote:
Eventhough I would like to see Makaay very much in a Bayern shirt 25million euro is too much. He is already 28?

...what do you mean with already? if he joins bayern now, he could easily play there for 5 years, and so the deal about 25 mio. would make sense. but bayern will never spend that much money for a single player.

And i say it again: i seriously doubt that lendoiro is that stupid and keeps a player who does not want to play for the team!!! what do you say?you are depro-fans (almost all of you). would you like to see makaay wearing the depor-sign on his chest,but his heart is in munich? if ballack or kahn would say:i dont want to play for bayern, i would like to go to madrid!, you can bet that the bayern fans would demonstrate and finally the player would be given away!
Sloburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 12:44   #202
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends on his performance and attitude if he would stay. I rather want him to leave now, but I think if he would stay he will give 100%, because he is such a player and besides, its also for his interest to keep the good form otherwise next year or when his contract expires the clubs wont be that keen on signing him anymore.

And yes I would accept him to stay becuase his case is different... he has his reasons to leave.
Old 15-07-2003, 13:14   #203
achtung
Beginner

achtung is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloburn
...what do you mean with already? if he joins bayern now, he could easily play there for 5 years, and so the deal about 25 mio. would make sense.

I see the majority of strikers having a career till 30, so basically he has 2 years. Makaay has also stated many times he wants to someday play in England... you think he's going to play there at 33? Maybe if he was a defender yes.
If Bayern sign Makaay, he will not stay long and 25 million is too much for a player his age as when we try to sell him he will be 1/3 that price
Old 15-07-2003, 13:50   #204
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

It really seems to be a neverending story. But I think Leon is right. A contract is a contract. And additionally I don't believe that Makaay's heart is already in Munich, although he wants to leave Depor. I think he is of good character and he will of course return to La Coruna if the deal is not made until next weekend. I also believe that Lendoiro is not in a hurry at all. There is still plenty of time for a transfer (30th of August), and maybe La Coruna will find another club who will pay more for him. The only risk I see for Depor is that they reach an agreement with a club like Barcelona who have large debts and therefore cannot pay for the player in reality.
But Lendoiro's offer to include Salihamidzic is ridiculous. He is a very precious player and his contract only expires in 2006.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 13:52   #205
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloburn
...what do you mean with already? if he joins bayern now, he could easily play there for 5 years, and so the deal about 25 mio. would make sense.

I see the majority of strikers having a career till 30, so basically he has 2 years. Makaay has also stated many times he wants to someday play in England... you think he's going to play there at 33? Maybe if he was a defender yes.
If Bayern sign Makaay, he will not stay long and 25 million is too much for a player his age as when we try to sell him he will be 1/3 that price

I am sorry but this is nonsense, sloburn. Real good strikers can play up to 34-35 years of age, and I am sure if there are no major injuries Makaay is one of those players
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 14:04   #206
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

I agree, look at Mauro Silva.. He is 34(?) and the last 4 seasons he plays almost every game at a high level.. and more specific examples for strikers--> Shearer, Romario, Bergkamp, Batistuta..
Old 15-07-2003, 15:01   #207
achtung
Beginner

achtung is off the scale

This is ridiculous... are you lot telling me that at 30+ a striker is still performing at a high level? Look at Bergkamp, he had to change his style of play because of his age. At Arsenal he is more of an attacking midfielder laying on assists. Batistuta's career pretty much ended with his first season at Roma if not at Fiorentina.

I am not saying strikers need to retire at 31, but after 30 their career is going downhill
With Bayern and Makaay I can understand splashing 25 million on a 28yr old player is not worth it. Why else has the demand for Makaay been quiet?
Old 15-07-2003, 15:22   #208
erliminator
Beginner

erliminator is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to erliminator

Bayern will never sell Salihamidizc!Never!I think they sell Zickler or maybe Koffour!
erliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 15:56   #209
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

yes ofcourse its going downhill, but you put it like if a player reaches that age he is worthless.. and besides changing the style of play (goalscorer-->assistplayer) doesnt mean he can be as important as before, unless you only look at goals.

So you think Makaay will only be able to stay at this level for 2 years?? The only way I see this happen is if he loses his pace (he depends a lot on this) or his motivation..

Well I give hem about 4 topyears --> 32
Old 15-07-2003, 15:57   #210
Sloburn

Sloburn is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Sloburn

I am sorry but this is nonsense, sloburn. Real good strikers can play up to 34-35 years of age, and I am sure if there are no major injuries Makaay is one of those players

...i also said that a real striker, like makaay, can play up to 33/34 years. so you donīt have to be sorry,stef!

and i also have to say that there will never be a deal between bayern and depor which includes ???mio.+ a player!!! bayern would never sell salihamidzic and i doubt that depor wants zickler or kuffour.
i donīt know what will happen but the german "bundesliga" starts in 17days so they better hurry up. it would be better to sign a player before the league starts to introduce him, etc.
if makaay does not come this year, then we await him next year in our squad.
Sloburn is offline   Reply With Quote