Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 15-07-2003, 16:01   #211
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung
This is ridiculous... are you lot telling me that at 30+ a striker is still performing at a high level? Look at Bergkamp, he had to change his style of play because of his age. At Arsenal he is more of an attacking midfielder laying on assists. Batistuta's career pretty much ended with his first season at Roma if not at Fiorentina.

I am not saying strikers need to retire at 31, but after 30 their career is going downhill
With Bayern and Makaay I can understand splashing 25 million on a 28yr old player is not worth it. Why else has the demand for Makaay been quiet?
look at Elber, he is 31 years and won the topscorer title in the bundesliga for the first time
28 is actually the best age for a player, bayern have enough youngsters already
the problem is that you don't have a clue at all. the bergkamp example serves to nothing. he only had to switch because Arsenal have far too many offensive players, all of them very good. That hasn't got anything to do with his age, du klugscheisser
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 16:03   #212
Sloburn

Sloburn is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Sloburn

stef is rocking the house!!!!
Sloburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 16:20   #213
achtung
Beginner

achtung is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
Quote:
This is ridiculous... are you lot telling me that at 30+ a striker is still performing at a high level? Look at Bergkamp, he had to change his style of play because of his age. At Arsenal he is more of an attacking midfielder laying on assists. Batistuta's career pretty much ended with his first season at Roma if not at Fiorentina.

I am not saying strikers need to retire at 31, but after 30 their career is going downhill
With Bayern and Makaay I can understand splashing 25 million on a 28yr old player is not worth it. Why else has the demand for Makaay been quiet?
look at Elber, he is 31 years and won the topscorer title in the bundesliga for the first time
the problem is that you don't have a clue at all. the bergkamp example serves to nothing. he only had to switch because Arsenal have far too many offensive players, all of them very good. That hasn't got anything to do with his age, du klugscheisser

Leck mich am Arsch du blöde Fotze

How many of those goals were scored on the road? You think Elber is as good as he was 2 years ago?
Im sorry but Bundesliga top scorer doesn't mean shit to me! Who won it last year? Martin Max?

So by saying Bayern have many youngsters we should buy Makaay for 25million? Who's the idiot here eh?
achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 16:38   #214
coffeecup
Beginner

coffeecup is off the scale

@ none-german users: better don't translate the germen sentences
achtung and stef seems to be the kind of germans the Italien Tourismsecretary talked about a few days ago.
coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 16:56   #215
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Idoubt that depor wants zickler or kuffour

Is Kuffour for sale? Do Bayern want to get rid of him?? I think he's a great player...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 17:15   #216
coffeecup
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Quote:
Idoubt that depor wants zickler or kuffour

Is Kuffour for sale? Do Bayern want to get rid of him?? I think he's a great player...

yes he is a great player, but i don't think he's for sale. i remember AS Roma and ManU wanted him some time ago but bayern rejected their offer. He's at Bayern since he was 17 i dont't think he will ever leave
Old 15-07-2003, 19:16   #217
erliminator
Beginner

erliminator is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to erliminator

You often hear that Koffour wants to leave!And look at the defense:Linke,Kovac,Demicheles there is no place for Koffour to play!
erliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 20:15   #218
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Anyway, who at Bayern Munich could be allowed to leave? And no B-players please!
Old 15-07-2003, 20:55   #219
coffeecup
Beginner

Linke is probably playing his last season at bayern and we don't know yet how Demichelis will play. So i think we need Kuffour.

I know nobody who wants to leave Bayern besides Alex Zickler. But i don't think you want an "all time injured" player, do you?
Old 15-07-2003, 21:30   #220
erliminator
Beginner

erliminator is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to erliminator

Doyou know which player would be intersting???NICO KOVAC,but Uli Hoeness gave him away,for 0€
erliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 22:25   #221
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Gave away to which club??
Old 15-07-2003, 22:31   #222
coffeecup
Beginner

Quote:
Gave away to which club??

Hertha BSC Berlin. The brother of Uli Hoeness is the manager of this club
Old 15-07-2003, 23:57   #223
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
Quote:

Leck mich am Arsch du blöde Fotze

How many of those goals were scored on the road? You think Elber is as good as he was 2 years ago?
Im sorry but Bundesliga top scorer doesn't mean sh** to me! Who won it last year? Martin Max?

So by saying Bayern have many youngsters we should buy Makaay for 25million? Who's the idiot here eh?

alter, du bist unter meinem niveau und hast keine ahnung von fussball.

get a life

gruesse
Old 16-07-2003, 00:02   #224
Ralo

Peña Member

Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point

Go stef........
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 00:09   #225
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

Quote:
Anyway, who at Bayern Munich could be allowed to leave? And no B-players please!
I am sure Bayern would love to get rid of Zickler, he is a typical B-player, but I think mainly because he is always injured. I wouldn't say he is not talented.
Kuffour is a great player and I personally would hate it if he leaves the club. And I believe we need him, still. Linke is doing a very good job but he is quite old already. So when he retires we only have 3 center backs.

In general I don't think Bayern have any "A-players" to sell to Depor because they want to win the Champions League again. For that challenge we need every player.
So the solution might be to raise the bid a little bit.

Leon, do you have any special Bayern players in mind ?