Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Prediction League & Quinelas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prediction League & Quinelas Predict the scores for each Depor match. For Quinelas, predict a draw or home/away win. Most major tournaments are covered.

Old 07-01-2019, 00:24   #301
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi
Cadiz 0 Depor 0
I will take that as a Depor v Lugo...

Deportivo 0
Lugo 0

1 Adi 60 2 valeron21 10 2 deporik 10 2 Deporlover 10 2 Marci 14 10 6 Vatex 0 6 Rack 0 6 abdul001 0 6 Blue Nation 0
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 00:25   #302
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Adi is the new leader!

Overall League Table
Code:
1 Adi 483 2 Blue Nation 452 3 deporik 439 4 Deporlover 392 5 Rack 373 6 Vatex 358 6 abdul001 358 8 Marci 14 348 9 valeron21 343 10 Thai Depor 305 11 caabrego 299 12 Carril 247 13 tsapa 170 14 Lulu 111 15 MrButton 66 16 nitraM 26 17 Marko 24

Next Fixture: Mallorca v Deportivo (Saturday, 20:30)

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 07-01-2019 at 00:27.
Old 07-01-2019, 00:58   #303
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey, that's generous.

Wrong teams, wrong stadium, maximum points
Old 07-01-2019, 07:05   #304
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Blimey, that's generous.

I agree
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 14:28   #305
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Adi had predicted a 1-2 result for Cádiz v Depor last time, and now made a 0-0 prediction some minutes before Depor v Lugo kick-off. Obviously there's a mistake, maybe because he just copied and pasted his last prediction changing the result but not the rival team, maybe because he just confused the match after the festive period without games, but anyway, he guessed the right score.

Reading the rules of the game, I understand that the objective of the game is to guess the right result for next Depor match, and IMO Adi did it. Ok, he made a mistake in the name of the rival, but does it make his Depor prediction invalid then?

In case someone posted "Depor 0-0", or just posted the result "0-0" without posting the teams, I think I would take the result as valid as well.

That's the reason why I took the decision to give Adi the points, because he got the correct result, and that's the main objective of the game.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, and if the majority of the people think it's not fair to give Adi the 60 points, table can be updated.
Old 07-01-2019, 16:08   #306
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

lets wait Adi's post. if he thought that the game was in Cadiz and it was Cadiz Depor, its invalid. And if he made mistake, I mean copy paste or smth, and he was thinking and in his mind was Depor lugo, then its valid.

I think he thought that it was Cadiz depor

In other case he would predict depor win as most of us preticted
Old 07-01-2019, 23:42   #307
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatex
...lets wait Adi's post. if he thought that the game was in Cadiz and it was Cadiz Depor, its invalid. And if he made mistake, I mean copy paste or smth, and he was thinking and in his mind was Depor lugo, then its valid...

Agree with Vatex on this.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:37   #308
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Mallorca 1
Deportivo 2 (C. Fernandez, Duarte)
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 14:11   #309
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatex
lets wait Adi's post. if he thought that the game was in Cadiz and it was Cadiz Depor, its invalid. And if he made mistake, I mean copy paste or smth, and he was thinking and in his mind was Depor lugo, then its valid.

It looks fair enough for me too. We wait for Adi explanation to make a final decision then.

Mallorca 2 (Lago Junior, Álex López)
Deportivo 2 (Borja Valle, Quique)

*Edit: changed goalscorer from Carlos to Quique

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 12-01-2019 at 19:51.
Old 08-01-2019, 14:18   #310
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

2-1

Same rules apply?
Old 08-01-2019, 14:29   #311
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
2-1

Same rules apply?

Exactly what I meant. You predict a 2-1 result in time for the next match in Depor prediction. If it's finally a 2-1, I think you should get the points for the result, without points for scorers in that case.
Old 08-01-2019, 14:55   #312
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

So you can sacrifice naming goalscorers for a scoreline either way? (Mallorca or Depor) Personally, I think that's another terrible decision and although I was joking about the 2-1 prediction, I withdraw it as I would rather lose a competition rather than win it that way.

Technically, you could predict a 4-3 Depor win and name all 7 scorers correctly, posting at 1600 for a 1600 kickoff and your points would be invalid (even if the whistle was blown for kick off a few seconds AFTER the prediction was made)

But you can guess a score where you don't even have the right teams or venue written down and get 60 points for it??

That totally devalues the competition to me.

No problem with Adi, he just made a mistake when writing his prediction and I hope he goes on to win it by more than the 50 points he gained on everyone this matchday.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:18   #313
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
So you can sacrifice naming goalscorers for a scoreline either way? (Mallorca or Depor) Personally, I think that's another terrible decision and although I was joking about the 2-1 prediction, I withdraw it as I would rather lose a competition rather than win it that way.
I don't know exactly what you mean, some people just don't post the goal scorers (see Carril prediction this week), does it make the prediction invalid? No, he just have less options to win points... If in your previous example, (2-1) you had posted goal scorers, you should get points as well if they finally score.

Quote:
Technically, you could predict a 4-3 Depor win and name all 7 scorers correctly, posting at 1600 for a 1600 kickoff and your points would be invalid (even if the whistle was blown for kick off a few seconds AFTER the prediction was made)
It was you who created the rules, btw... But I really think that rule is very easy to understand, predictions must be made before kick off time, basically because anyone can edit a message in the next 1 or 2 minutes without leaving a track (at least I can't see it, don't know if you can as a mod). So anyone could post a result at 16:00 and if there's a goal in the 1st or 2nd minute, I could edit to include the scorer and leave no track of being edited. Even posting at 15:59, it could be possible, though very risky I guess.

Quote:
But you can guess a score where you don't even have the right teams or venue written down and get 60 points for it??
That totally devalues the competition to me.
Just looked the last year you made the Depor predictions, 2015/2016, and found some curious cases:

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=19

For a LLagostera v Deportivo, tonideportivoBG posted:

0-4 (Jonatan2, Medunjanin1, Riera1)

No team names, only the result and scorers, and yet you took that as valid, result and scorer, and gave him normal points, 19. (exactly the case we were talking before )

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...?t=8375&page=9

For a Depor v Espanyol, Diego Tristan posted:

Depor 3 - 0
Luis alberto 3x

He didn't posted the rival team, and yet you gave him maximum points, 30, top of the table that week.

Quote:
Blimey, that's generous.

Also found several cases of wrong stadium that same season 2015/2016

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=16

For a Levante v Depor, Lulu posted in wrong order:

Deportivo 3 (Lucas ×2, fajr)
Levante 0

Yet, she had normal points, 11.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=29

For a Mirandés v Depor, nitraM posted in wrong order:

Depor 2 Riera, Cardoso
Mirandes 0

Yet, he got normal points, 5.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=49

For a Sevilla v Depor, nitraM posted in wrong order:

Depor 1 (Luis Alberto)
Sevilla 1 ( Iborra)

Yet, he got maximum points, 36, top of the table that week.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=51

For a Depor v Barcelona, caabrego posted in wrong order:

Barca - Depor: 2-2
Messi + Luis Suárez
Lucas + Riera

Yet, he got normal points, 34.

I just tried to do my best, and posted the reasons why I decided to give Adi the points. I already said that if the majority decides that the prediction was invalid, the table would be updated, no problem.

I like to play this games just for fun, to have a nice time with some friends in this forum, and to keep the tradition alive, not to get people angry because of these games. If that's the case, and these competitions create problems instead of good spirit, then maybe I should leave it at the end of the season.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 09-01-2019 at 01:22.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:24   #314
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
I don't know exactly what you mean, some people just don't post the goal scorers (see Carril prediction this week), does it make the prediction invalid? No, he just have less options to win points... If in your previous example, (2-1) you had posted goal scorers, you should get points as well if they finally score.

It was you who created the rules, btw... But I really think that rule is very easy to understand, predictions must be made before kick off time, basically because anyone can edit a message in the next 1 or 2 minutes without leaving a track (at least I can't see it, don't know if you can as a mod). So anyone could post a result at 16:00 and if there's a goal in the 1st or 2nd minute, I could edit to include the scorer and leave no track of being edited. Even posting at 15:59, it could be possible, though very risky I guess.

Just looked the last year you made the Depor predictions, 2015/2016, and found some curious cases:

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=19

For a LLagostera v Deportivo, tonideportivoBG posted:

0-4 (Jonatan2, Medunjanin1, Riera1)

No team names, only the result and scorers, and yet you took that as valid, result and scorer, and gave him normal points, 19. (exactly the case we were talking before )

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...?t=8375&page=9

For a Depor v Espanyol, Diego Tristan posted:

Depor 3 - 0
Luis alberto 3x

He didn't posted the rival team, and yet you gave him maximum points, 30, top of the table that week.

Also found several cases of wrong stadium that same season 2015/2016

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=16

For a Levante v Depor, Lulu posted in wrong order:

Deportivo 3 (Lucas ×2, fajr)
Levante 0

Yet, she had normal points, 11.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=29

For a Mirandés v Depor, nitraM posted in wrong order:

Depor 2 Riera, Cardoso
Mirandes 0

Yet, he got normal points, 5.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=49

For a Sevilla v Depor, nitraM posted in wrong order:

Depor 1 (Luis Alberto)
Sevilla 1 ( Iborra)

Yet, he got maximum points, 36, top of the table that week.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/f...t=8375&page=51

For a Depor v Barcelona, caabrego posted in wrong order:

Barca - Depor: 2-2
Messi + Luis Suárez
Lucas + Riera

Yet, he got normal points, 34.

I just tried to do my best, and posted the reasons why I decided to give Adi the points. I already said that if the majority decides that the prediction was invalid, the table would be updated, no problem.

I like to play this games just for fun, to have a nice time with some friends in this forum, and to keep the tradition alive, not to get people angry because of these games. If that's the case, and these competitions create problems instead of good spirit, then maybe I should leave it at the end of the season.

man seems you have alot of free time
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 16:50   #315
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

OK, this will be my last post on this matter but I will just say my piece and then be off.

Firstly, let's talk of those examples.

1 and 2 both neglected to put opposition name but benefit of the doubt was given as they at least knew if we were home or away.

3 to 6 all had the right teams involved so very obviously were predicting for that game and not the one before or after. Therefore benefit of the doubt was given. (As an aside, someone used to do this regularly and I'm sure I commented on it somewhere)

Not one of those games has the wrong opposition. Combined with it being at the Riazor instead of away makes it even worse but had it been predicted as Lugo 0v0 Depor then I would totally understand.

The 2nd point could be a miscommunication and I hope it is. If you look at my posts I would say they were jokey to begin with. I still think that it was generous at best but hey-ho, you're doing the scoring now so accepted it begrudgingly.

However, when I jokingly wrote "2-1 Same Rules apply?" I didn't honestly expect you would say it was fine. I am hoping you didn't understand what I meant now.

The "rules" I was referring to were based on your generosity and the ambiguity of what it takes to score points now.
I was suggesting that someone could predict 2-1 and if the match finished 2-1 to either side, they could claim they got it right either way and the lack of goalscorers provided could make their claims valid. This would imo be totally against the integrity of the game.

So I was astounded to read this, when you replied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Nation
Exactly what I meant. You predict a 2-1 result in time for the next match in Depor prediction. If it's finally a 2-1, I think you should get the points for the result, without points for scorers in that case.

That looked to me like you understood what I meant and were saying that people could do that (predict a scoreline without naming goalscorers and then claim the result anyway). Hence my change in tone.

Hope that explains things a little.

On a different comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Nation

Not that it really matters but I didn't create all the rules. The 1st rule has been there since 2003 which is a year before I was here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prediction League 2003/2004
1) Submit prediction of scores and scorers for both sides before match kickoff, you can edit them until that time.

Both sides being the sides involved in the particular game and not a random side.

I can see any edits done or posts deleted so people can't cheat like that.

Also the point I was making about the invalid 4-3 game was not that it should be allowed but that rules should be adhered to, no matter how unlucky you are. Whether that be because you missed the deadline by a few seconds or put the wrong teams down.

Bottom line is, 8 people predicted the result before Adi and all 8 went for a Depor win. The betting had us as strong favorites so no surprise there. Highest scorer gets 10 points.

Adi then predicts that Cadiz will take a point at home to Depor and gets 60 pts for it.

Don't fancy your chances of ever getting a job in a betting shop if you pay out when that happens