Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 28-07-2007, 12:46   #16
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
No, PES haven't evolved much, but they don't have to evolve, simple as that. FIFA is more and more starting to copy from PES, but they will NEVER reach that level. PES is years ahead of FIFA. FIFA is not even a alternative as a football simulator. I seriously don't know the sport where 22 players are skating after a beach ball. And controlling one of these persons won't change a thing. If you want that, play the good old Liberogrande to PS 1. That was a funny game.

Damn you fanboys

Just read this. People who are used to Fifa will hate PES. Which is normal, cause it's actually about the same thing --football of course-- but it controls different. So people who are used to PES will hate Fifa too. That's normal. I hope we can agree here

So what if you have never played Fifa or PES but you want to buy a football game? Then you check the internet just to read everywhere that PES is so much better than Fifa. So what do you do? You go buy PES of course. That's the reason why PES is doing better.

Read last year's reviews. Everyone agrees PES is still better than Fifa, but all of those big sites state that if Konami keeps cheaping out using the same old concept over and over again, while EA keeps improving their Fifa, things will be changing in two or three years. You can't expect people to buy exactly the same game they bought the year before, you know. It gets boring. PES fanboys like you keep saying "PES doesn't have to improve because they're years ahead" are kind of blind. Everyone I know who plays both agrees on this: PES is more realistic, but Fifa is far less frustrating. So what if Fifa keeps improving? Then it'll be as realistic as PES, and far less frustrating, with a hell of a lot more licences and fun game modes and concepts.

Mark my words, if things keep going the way they are going now, in two or three years reviews will be saying Fifa is the better choice. Even last year some were going that direction already. And when that happens, PES will "fall" quicker than you think. This from someone who has a family member working in the game-industry. I almost translated his words in my post here.

And DK Blanquiazul. Fifa was stupid and silly four years ago or something. I agree on that. But just try and play the latest Fifa for a while. The differences with PES are minimal.

EDIT: forgot this important detail Fifa has been selling a lot better than PES actually. PES took a big share of Fifa's fanbase, but since Fifa 06, Fifa's fanbase has again started increasing. Believe me, that new mode in Fifa will be an important factor for EA. Seriously, it's fantastic to play.

Last edited by deporiginal : 28-07-2007 at 12:58.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 13:06   #17
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Damn you fanboys

Just read this. People who are used to Fifa will hate PES. Which is normal, cause it's actually about the same thing --football of course-- but it controls different. So people who are used to PES will hate Fifa too. That's normal. I hope we can agree here

I didn't quite get that. By controlling, you mean the way you press the buttons, or in the gameplay? Cause if it's the first thing, I gotta disagree - again
When I play PES on computer, it's - believe it or not - almost the same controls as in FIFA. The normal control in PES is confusing, I tried it for a month, and I still couldn't play it relaxing.

Quote:

So what if you have never played Fifa or PES but you want to buy a football game? Then you check the internet just to read everywhere that PES is so much better than Fifa. So what do you do? You go buy PES of course. That's the reason why PES is doing better.

Read last year's reviews. Everyone agrees PES is still better than Fifa, but all of those big sites state that if Konami keeps cheaping out using the same old concept over and over again, while EA keeps improving their Fifa, things will be changing in two or three years. You can't expect people to buy exactly the same game they bought the year before, you know. It gets boring. PES fanboys like you keep saying "PES doesn't have to improve because they're years ahead" are kind of blind. Everyone I know who plays both agrees on this: PES is more realistic, but Fifa is far less frustrating. So what if Fifa keeps improving? Then it'll be as realistic as PES, and far less frustrating, with a hell of a lot more licences and fun game modes and concepts.

Mark my words, if things keep going the way they are going now, in two or three years reviews will be saying Fifa is the better choice. Even last year some were going that direction already. And when that happens, PES will "fall" quicker than you think. This from someone who has a family member working in the game-industry. I almost translated his words in my post here.
I agree at one point, PES is not improving like FIFA is, and I've tried both FIFA 06 and 07. But, right now, PES is still way ahead of FIFA. FIFA is gonna make a major change in their whole gameplay to change that, and they haven't in the last couple of years - at least not a big change as it has to.

Besides, if FiFA keeps getting better and better, and becomes as good as PES, then I'm sure Konami will make a big change in PES gameplay, and recreate the best football game in the world.

I simply don't understand the frustrating thing. It definitely depends on whether you're good enough or not, and what level you play on, if it's PES.

Quote:
And DK Blanquiazul. Fifa was stupid and silly four years ago or something. I agree on that. But just try and play the latest Fifa for a while. The differences with PES are minimal.

Minimal? You gotta be kidding, the whole thing is different. I can't see many things where they're even.

Quote:

EDIT: forgot this important detail Fifa has been selling a lot better than PES actually. PES took a big share of Fifa's fanbase, but since Fifa 06, Fifa's fanbase has again started increasing. Believe me, that new mode in Fifa will be an important factor for EA. Seriously, it's fantastic to play.

FIFA has always been more popular than PES, because EA is way better to sell it. Doesn't make the game better...

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 13:19   #18
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
I didn't quite get that. By controlling, you mean the way you press the buttons, or in the gameplay? Cause if it's the first thing, I gotta disagree - again
When I play PES on computer, it's - believe it or not - almost the same controls as in FIFA. The normal control in PES is confusing, I tried it for a month, and I still couldn't play it relaxing.

I meant gameplay

Quote:
I agree at one point, PES is not improving like FIFA is, and I've tried both FIFA 06 and 07. But, right now, PES is still way ahead of FIFA. FIFA is gonna make a major change in their whole gameplay to change that, and they haven't in the last couple of years - at least not a big change as it has to.

Sorry that's fanboy talk PES and Fifa are now very close in terms of quality. I'm not the only one thinking this. Everyone who looks at this kind of objectively, like reviewers for sites like IGN, agree on this too.

Quote:
Besides, if FiFA keeps getting better and better, and becomes as good as PES, then I'm sure Konami will make a big change in PES gameplay, and recreate the best football game in the world.

Easier said than done. Making a big change in a football game is quite impossible, and then you also have to make it work first.

Quote:
I simply don't understand the frustrating thing. It definitely depends on whether you're good enough or not, and what level you play on, if it's PES.

I play on the hardest level and have little to no problems playing champion in Primera with Depor. I wouldn't exactly say I suck in PES

Quote:
Minimal? You gotta be kidding, the whole thing is different. I can't see many things where they're even.

Of course it's different. But in quality, it's not so different anymore. PES still has some major problems. Like when you give a pass, your players jumps over the ball to let it roll, instead of controlling it first. It's a random choice of animation, but if you happen to be unfortunate enough that your player "chooses" the first option, then you will lose the ball in 90% of those cases. Just an example.

Quote:
FIFA has always been more popular than PES, because EA is way better to sell it. Doesn't make the game better...

Actually, I've seen more advertisements for PES6 than for Fifa07 last year. Bigger sales don't mean a better game, but as both Fifa and PES are multi-platform games, it gives you a relatively good idea of what game people like best.

I'm not a Fifa fanboy. Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing PES that much. Yeah, I like the more realistic touch of PES. But sometimes I get tired of the frustration this game causes (not because I'm losing or something, it can be frustrating when I'm winning 3-0 or something too you know), then I always come back to Fifa for a much more relaxing and fun game. Still, I always come back to PES for the more realistic touch. But always will I return playing Fifa. If Fifa nails that realistic side a bit more, than it's bye bye PES for me.

Last edited by deporiginal : 28-07-2007 at 13:23.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 13:26   #19
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

i agree with deporiginal
for me couple of years ago fifa was really bad , stupid gameplay,...
but now with fifa 06 en 07 he became much better
and i also played PES and i must say fifa is better
pes is so frustrating
Old 28-07-2007, 17:22   #20
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

Quote:
Sorry that's fanboy talk PES and Fifa are now very close in terms of quality. I'm not the only one thinking this. Everyone who looks at this kind of objectively, like reviewers for sites like IGN, agree on this too.
IMO that depends what quality is. If you want an arcade game, that's easy to master, then yes, FIFA is awesome quality. But if you want the most realistic, football simulator, then there's IMO only one game. But let's just stop that here, we'll never agree, and I hate to quote like this, piece for piece.Takes so much time.
Quote:
Easier said than done. Making a big change in a football game is quite impossible, and then you also have to make it work first.

I play on the hardest level and have little to no problems playing champion in Primera with Depor. I wouldn't exactly say I suck in PES
Might be easier said than done, but it has been done before. There was a hell of a difference between FIFA 2002 and 2003. And I've heard that there was a big difference between PES 2 and PES 3.

Good to see other people making Depor champions too.

Quote:
Of course it's different. But in quality, it's not so different anymore. PES still has some major problems. Like when you give a pass, your players jumps over the ball to let it roll, instead of controlling it first. It's a random choice of animation, but if you happen to be unfortunate enough that your player "chooses" the first option, then you will lose the ball in 90% of those cases. Just an example.
Depends on the situation, if there's enough space, the you'll be able to take the ball first if you run into it. But there will always be small mistakes.
Quote:
Actually, I've seen more advertisements for PES6 than for Fifa07 last year. Bigger sales don't mean a better game, but as both Fifa and PES are multi-platform games, it gives you a relatively good idea of what game people like best.

I'm not a Fifa fanboy. Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing PES that much. Yeah, I like the more realistic touch of PES. But sometimes I get tired of the frustration this game causes (not because I'm losing or something, it can be frustrating when I'm winning 3-0 or something too you know), then I always come back to Fifa for a much more relaxing and fun game. Still, I always come back to PES for the more realistic touch. But always will I return playing Fifa. If Fifa nails that realistic side a bit more, than it's bye bye PES for me.

I've seen extremely many FIFA posters and commercials. More than PES for sure. Maybe we just surf different places and watch different tv. It's not something I know a thing about.

Again, I only play PES, since it's the most realistic. IMO FIFA is nowhere near that.

Old 28-07-2007, 20:12   #21
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

I ve had both games in my possession and I have to say that PES is the far superior, although Fifa has elements which are better than PES. Generally, the gameplay on PES is more realistic as people have said and more friendly to the eye. In fifa I found that it was rather too easy to score and you end up just scoring similar types of goals, whereas with PES you will score various types of goals. The goalkeepers in Fifa are also quite poor in comparson, but then you can say the goalkeeprs in PES are TOO good - it's almost impossible to score freekicks. The fact that Fifa has league licences is a nice bonus, but no big deal as you can easily download files form the internet for PES to get team kits etc (well this is just for the english premiership anyway). I went on to sell my Fifa game and stuck with playing my housemates PES.
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 20:25   #22
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:

Complete opposite for me. There seemed to be so much promotion behind fifa this year and I saw so little for PES. They had many newspaper articles, flyers in newspapers and magaines, posters.... they really went all out for it. It wasnt till a month or two AFTER PES came out did I start to see some adverts for it, including posters in shops which fifa had done weeks before it's release.
Old 28-07-2007, 20:32   #23
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I think PES is better and that Fifa is nowhere near that standard. I gotta say that I'm starting to hate the modes being the same in every version of PES and especially that Fifa has monetary value for players instead of those stupid points. Which makes me play PES only between friends and not alone as I get bored.

I gave some chances to Fifa but the thing that I hate the most is that "Why can't they make that ball look real????" I don't know about you but every time I make a pass I feel like it's some kinda "line" being drawn and not a ball rolling to the other player. As for those that say that Fifa graphics are better: I'm not sure but I guess that in Fifa they use players photoes to help them design the players. In PES, the players look less like the real ones but I still don't have the feeling like I'm playing Parappa the rapper.
OH and what's that stupid trick control that lets you do all kinda trick by rotating a stick randomly. I know every move has its own command but even a 4 year old can make a trick moving the stick, so it's not anymore about how one masters the game...
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 22:23   #24
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

Fifa is getting better and better, I have to agree. Why? Because they copy a lot that PES has

PES is still the best out there, can't wait till the new one.
freakyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 22:41   #25
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Vinnie, I think we should all agree that both games need to improve their goalies. It should actually be a priority imo. In PES, the keeper movement looks kind of realistic, but the keeper starts moving towards the ball the second the player touches the ball, sometimes even before the player touches the ball. Never saw keepers that have so good reflexes. In Fifa the problem is the same, but there the way the keeper moves is also unrealistic. I hope they'll adress this issue in both new games.
Old 28-07-2007, 22:45   #26
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

Quote:
Vinnie, I think we should all agree that both games need to improve their goalies. It should actually be a priority imo. In PES, the keeper movement looks kind of realistic, but the keeper starts moving towards the ball the second the player touches the ball, sometimes even before the player touches the ball. Never saw keepers that have so good reflexes. In Fifa the problem is the same, but there the way the keeper moves is also unrealistic. I hope they'll adress this issue in both new games.
In PES it depends on the level you play. Don't know about FIFA. But yes, it's a problem.

Old 29-07-2007, 01:36   #27
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

rajacasa is off the scale

Konami obtained the licences for :
• Ligue 1
• Serie A
• Eredivisie
• Liga
• Bayern Munchen
• Anderlecht
• FC Brugge
• Dinamo Zagreb
• FC Copenhagen
• FC Honka
• Olympiacos Piraeus
• Panathinaikos
• AEK Athens
• Rosenborg BK
• Wisla Krakow
• Benfica
• FC Porto
• Sporting Lisbon
• Spartak Moskva
• Lokomotiv Moskva
• Celtic
• Glasgow Rangers
• Red Star
• AIK
• Hammarby IF
• Helsingborgs IF
• IFK Göteborg
• FC Basel
• Besiktas
• Fenerbahce
• Galatasaray
• Dynamo Kiev
• Boca Juniors
• River Plate
• Internacional
• Sao Paulo

Only Bayern Munich from Bundesliga and any team from the EPL
Apparently the best players will be:
• Drogba
• C. Ronaldo
• Kakà
• Totti
• Buffon
rajacasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 08:29   #28
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Where'd you get this info from? Dammit, no epl licences? Thats a BIG step down.
Old 29-07-2007, 11:32   #29
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
Where'd you get this info from? Dammit, no epl licences? Thats a BIG step down.
There have never been EPL licences, have there? Maybe nr. 5, but not in the last one.

Old 29-07-2007, 11:55   #30
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

never had
freakyy is offline   Reply With Quote