Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 29-09-2009, 09:40   #1
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Football Manager 2010 - Oct 30th Release Date

Here is something i've stolen:

Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. can today announce that Football Manager™ 2010 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager™ Handheld 2010 for Sony PSP will be released on October 30th.

Football Manager 2009 is the most successful in the Football Manager series to date, clocking up 22 weeks at No.1 in the UK (PC charts) and selling in excess of 1 million copies worldwide, as well as being voted the 2nd best video game of all time in a recent Radio 1 poll.

According to data gathered from Football Manager 2009, people played the game for an average of 240 hours each and developer Sports Interactive has spent the last year working closely with consumers and the Football Manager community to implement key improvements to this year's game. Football Manager 2010 features new tools and changes across the board including some big additions to improve ease of use, navigation and feedback from the game with the introduction of a brand new match tactics system, the debut of a Match Analysis tool, a completely new look and new User Interface among other features.

"We have worked very hard with the Football Manager community to target not only the areas of the game that needed re-working but also what we could add to improve what's already there. We've also conducted extensive usability studies which has led us to overhaul the whole presentation of the game, which we're really excited about," said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. "There has been a lot of polish to existing areas of the game but it's also driven us to introduce changes to answer some of the feedback. We're very confident that having done that we will deliver the very best Football Manager to date in October."

The introduction of a Tactics Creator makes it easier to instruct the team to play the way the manager wants, alongside the introduction of touchline 'shouts' and quick tactic changes for instantly altering your team's playing style during the match. Working with coaches from various levels of football, alongside some of the Football Manager communities most respected independent tacticians, the game now has an extensive array of pre-set tactical options allowing the user to select a player's role in the team (such as 'Ball winning midfielder' or 'Deep lying playmaker'), however the option to use the old 'slider' controls remains.

Feedback from matches has been improved to give the user better insight into where their team is going wrong, or right. A new Match Analysis tool lets players see where shots, passes, crosses, headers, tackles, fouls and interceptions have been made on the field for all players on the pitch. Managers can view this analysis both live in-game and post match, allowing them to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of both their team and their opponent's and adjust their tactics accordingly.

Football Manager 2010 features a brand new User Interface, with a light and a dark skin to choose from as part of a vibrant new look and has undergone a complete navigational overhaul. The side bar navigation of previous years has been replaced by an intuitive tab system at the top of the screen, making Football Manager's famed depth easier to navigate and will make the game more accessible to new players.

A brand new Data Editor will allow the addition of new divisions to existing leagues and of entirely new leagues as well as making it easier than ever to keep the game up to date, and do so for free. The delivery of information to the manager has been refined with users now able to sign up to the News Centre, an in-game subscription based newspaper that lets you get the news that you want about the football world and filter out the stories that you do not need, making the football world as immersive as you want it to be.

Following the debut of a 3D match view in Football Manager 2009, this year's release sees a revamp with improved AI, over 100 new animations for the 3D pitch view, new stadiums, crowds, realistic pitch degradation and better lighting, creating an even more realistic match experience.

Further new features will be announced via a series of blogs in the months leading up to the game's October 30th release date which will ensure that Football Manager retains its position as the most realistic, most played, highest reviewed and best selling football management simulation in the world.

Screenshots

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 09:40   #2
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Anyone know where I can find a DEMO for MAC??

Old 15-10-2009, 14:09   #3
baKe
Almost Regular

baKe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to baKe

Demo is available for download!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/football-manager-2010/
baKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 23:47   #4
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Downloaded it yesterday, there is no available La Liga quick start. The only quick start games were from the UK leagues...

Old 16-11-2009, 23:01   #5
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh man played the full version, with deportivo.
I am depressed. Club debt 180M euros.

Deportivo is probably the worst club you can play in the game
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 12:56   #6
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

What bothers me more is that our squad is ridiculously bad. Lopo has the same old crappy stats from back in FM 2006. Filipe has not been upgraded, Guardado was downgraded, Colotto downgraded, Aranzubia is still as bad as last year, Lassad useless in Primera. I simply can't play Depor like this.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 12:59   #7
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
oh man played the full version, with deportivo.
I am depressed. Club debt 180M euros.

Deportivo is probably the worst club you can play in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
What bothers me more is that our squad is ridiculously bad. Lopo has the same old crappy stats from back in FM 2006. Filipe has not been upgraded, Guardado was downgraded, Colotto downgraded, Aranzubia is still as bad as last year, Lassad useless in Primera. I simply can't play Depor like this.

I guess it just goes to show what an excellent job Lotina is doing in real life
Old 17-11-2009, 21:26   #8
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo

Hmm. I did fine with Depor in my first season. Transfer targets are limited obviously, so I picked up Van der Meyde on a free transfer and that was it. In the end I ended up 4th in La Liga. Adrian was the star of the show. He scored 17 goals in 35 appearances. Not bad.
The next season I had a little money to play around with (around 6 mill) so I brought in a striker and a right midfielder. I was in Europe that season , so with a small squad my league form dipped abit and I ended up 6th (which is still good) but I actually reached two major finals: The Spanish Cup final and the Champions League final! I lost both but still an accomplishment none the less.
I've now just started my third season and as a result of the finals I reached, I had a good 16 mill to play around with so brought quite a few new players in. Depor are now amongst the favourites to win La Liga in my world.

Impossible is nothing my friend.

Last edited by Depor_Vin : 17-11-2009 at 21:30.
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 04:51   #9
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

in FM 2010?
its very hard indeed, what formation do you play, i usually like to play a 4-4-2 but with depors crappy wingers and weak central midfield its impossible.

I play a 4-5-1 (well it looks like a 4-1-2-2-1) kinda like Barcelonas RL formation.

Lassad, Tomas, Laure and more or less Filipe are unusable in the game.
JR, Adrian, Guardado (a bit less), Ze Castro and Juca are pretty good for me.
Old 18-11-2009, 06:54   #10
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

I qualified for UCL after the first year but the clubs debts were so bad that the Lendoiro accepted nearly every bid for my players (Felipe, Guardado, Aranzubia, JR, Sergio, Adrian). I ended up winning only 4 from 15 liga matches and 2 from 4 in UCL in my 2nd season then got the sack....no warning!

Who would want to be a football manager!

Quote:
in FM 2010?
its very hard indeed, what formation do you play, i usually like to play a 4-4-2 but with depors crappy wingers and weak central midfield its impossible.

I play a 4-5-1 (well it looks like a 4-1-2-2-1) kinda like Barcelonas RL formation.

Lassad, Tomas, Laure and more or less Filipe are unusable in the game.
JR, Adrian, Guardado (a bit less), Ze Castro and Juca are pretty good for me.

I did play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

X-X-X-X
----X---
--X--X--
X------X
----X----

Last edited by deporik : 18-11-2009 at 12:29. Reason: Posts Merged
Old 19-11-2009, 04:27   #11
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

yeah the exact same formation i play
the attacking forward (Riki or Adrian) score very very few goals
but the wingers and the attacking midfielder score a bunch.
And you can use Juca nicely as a DM and in various set pieces situations

its feburary in my first season, with 22 rounds played i am 5th position, whats hilarious at least for me is that Athletic with Clown Caparros is in 1st place
crapa needs to screw up things and free that 4th spot for me
Old 19-11-2009, 10:00   #12
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Quote:
yeah the exact same formation i play
the attacking forward (Riki or Adrian) score very very few goals
but the wingers and the attacking midfielder score a bunch.
And you can use Juca nicely as a DM and in various set pieces situations

its feburary in my first season, with 22 rounds played i am 5th position, whats hilarious at least for me is that Athletic with Clown Caparros is in 1st place
crapa needs to screw up things and free that 4th spot for me

I'm positive he has the ability to do so.

Old 20-11-2009, 16:44   #13
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

lol, something even funnier happened, late in the season i lost a lot of places and finished 10th (with Guardado and JR injured, they are probably the best players depor has at the start).

Some 3 rounds before the end of the season i saw that i have no chances of getting to european placings. But then i get into the Euro Cup, wait for it, due to my FAIR PLAY.

haha i was having a good laugh i must admit
Old 21-11-2009, 03:04   #14
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Quote:
lol, something even funnier happened, late in the season i lost a lot of places and finished 10th (with Guardado and JR injured, they are probably the best players depor has at the start).

Some 3 rounds before the end of the season i saw that i have no chances of getting to european placings. But then i get into the Euro Cup, wait for it, due to my FAIR PLAY.

haha i was having a good laugh i must admit

haha!! I just got a laugh too!

Old 21-11-2009, 08:28   #15
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm suprised no one here has asked me what formation(s) I play as clearly I have had the best luck of you all here
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote