Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 27-10-2011, 21:00   #1
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | FC Cartagena 2 v Depor 1 | Oct 27 | 20h00 (CET) | After the Game

Think
they were better ,, we didn't have concentration ,, ball recieving was bad

and we were slow in the wings especially after replacing Samalo and Guardado
Old 27-10-2011, 21:01   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The problem is that they weren't better at all; they just scored in their only two chances.

That's the worst part
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 21:03   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

and why was Valeron playing backwards in this game ?

time to return to sleep
Old 27-10-2011, 21:07   #4
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

we are 9th now 9 points difference from Hercules, we deserve to lose today because we didn't try enough to win
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 22:27   #5
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
we are 9th now 9 points difference from Hercules, we deserve to lose today because we didn't try enough to win

this is a major issue, the team has only survival instinct, not winning mentality. They will only win if the fans are angry enough at them and when the fans are no longer angry they think it's ok to lose. The main issue with this is the morales, the incentive. The skills are ok and with enough incentive we can see promotion.

If we continue like this I don't see promotion. We need a revolution inside the team, we need rage and desire.
Old 27-10-2011, 22:49   #6
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

we constantly switch for long periods of the game, and we are paying the price. We have players who are not motivated - Lassad, We have important players who are injured - Bruno, Ze Castro, Borja, Xisco, and we have players who are not not playing at a high level - Morel, Aythami, Jesus V.

These are issues that need to be sorted out, because we are losing too many games.
The coach needs to teach them about concentration and being focused.. he needs to change the mentallity of the players and get the maximum out of them.
We switch off too often, we dont convert enough of our chances, we are week defensively.
If we carry on like this we will probably be in 6-7th position in the table come Christmas, and we will need to strengthen the squad in January, possibly 2-3 new players.
Old 27-10-2011, 22:58   #7
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
we constantly switch for long periods of the game, and we are paying the price. We have players who are not motivated - Lassad, We have important players who are injured - Bruno, Ze Castro, Borja, Xisco, and we have players who are not not playing at a high level - Morel, Aythami, Jesus V.

These are issues that need to be sorted out, because we are losing too many games.
The coach needs to teach them about concentration and being focused.. he needs to change the mentallity of the players and get the maximum out of them.
We switch off too often, we dont convert enough of our chances, we are week defensively.
If we carry on like this we will probably be in 6-7th position in the table come Christmas, and we will need to strengthen the squad in January, possibly 2-3 new players.

Yes!! exactly, Ricardo, it's mentality and motivation. And beside that we need signings in January: striker and central defender and if possible a defensive midfielder.
Old 28-10-2011, 00:20   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know, this whole team seems incredibly disjointed to me. I don't wanna start blaming the coach already, but we all have to admit that he isn't getting his message across right now. Our defense is like Swiss cheese. We barely get chances against these small teams. I keep thinking we just don't have enough men going forward. We play the ball through the wing, with Salomao and Guardado, but then if they want to cross, we only have 1 guy in the box. And if the opponent's defenders head the ball out of the area, we never have anyone standing there to pick up the ball either.

I know adjusting to Segunda takes time, but come on, let's face it. This team hasn't improved a single bit since our first game of the season.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 04:08   #9
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

No good defense as well as offense. I don' want to blame him already, because he showed some decent matches. I think Oltra should consider some changes in our current formation.

No creativity in our centre midfielders. Alex and Jesus Vazquez is a little bit similar - defensive. Maybe we can get some advantages put them together when we face stronger team than us. But Segunda is different. We have to be more creative. I want to see Juan Dominguez or Juan Carlos playing in that place instead of Jesus Vazquez.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:35   #10
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see the whole match, but I saw enough to judge this as a very poor performance. We should be dominating the game, have the initiative, create chances and don't give the ball to the opposition.
What I saw on the pitch was our team rushing in attack our just kicking the ball far away from our defence. If we were rushing we couldn't connect three passes, somebody starts dribbling and loosing the ball or sending a poor pass. So as you all mentioned concentration is the key and also the focus should be to calm down, pass the ball around and move without the ball. If we loose the ball positioning is the key - be on the right positon and don't go into hasty tackles. Especially Jesus and also Alex go into tackles, which they usually miss and expose the defense. My opinion - defend together, follow the player, don't go into chalanges, get help from the 2nd and 3rd defender. When we get the ball go into counter if possible, otherwise calm down, keep the ball, and start with the attack described above. At the moment we are running around like chickens without a head. It was clear that we were in avarege faster, more skilful, stronger, but we couldn't play as a team. That's Oltras job and he needs to step up his game.

Oltra should make some changes, I know he doesn't like to make a lot of changes, but the performance is below par. Defence - Colotto is Ok, Aythami is terrible he needs to go to the bench, Laure is Ok, as MP is unavailable, Seoane is worse at the moment. Ayoze is average, but Morel isn't a good enough substitution. Central midfield, Jesus needs to go to the bench and think about his defensive game, Alex is probably our best DM so far and he should be joined with Juan Domingues. Valeron is our best player, but he looks a bit tired, which is understendable. We need him now, Oltra should substitute him, when we have a good resault, but he should stay a starter. Wingers are good - Guardado and Salomao, hope they aren't injured. Saul is the only alternative. Striker - at the moment Riki seems to be our first choice, but we need a better striker, hope we will get one in January....
Old 28-10-2011, 09:56   #11
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Last night's game was all about two things in my opinion.

1) The team lacked ambition. As I said in the Evolution thread, other players are relying on Dani, Colotto, Valeron, Guardado and Salomao to come up with the goods all the time while they are content to sit back and wait for it to happen. I agree with all of the posts above. Changes to the team are needed, but only one at a time. Any more would completely mess things up, even more than they are now.

2) The 4-4-2 system does not work when you have two strikers who (a) can't hold the ball up (b) do little work defensively and (c) fail to make intelligent runs into dangerous areas at key times. Having one less player in the midfield means your distribution must naturally gravitate away from the short, simple 5-10 yard pass to longer ones of 20-25 yards and amazingly, these two strikers are so bad they can't control these longer passes with their first touch!! It was too easy for Cartagena to double-team our wingers last night, they knew that's where our main threat comes from. I was disappointed too in our full backs who never raided forward to enable the wingers to push infield and cause problems inside. That is a key component of a good 4-4-2 system and it was overlooked. Finally, in this system, you need mobile and agressive central midfielders to guard the back four. Alex continues to try his heart out, Vasquez continues to disappoint.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 14:16   #12
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qn7LqmbDH0
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 15:19   #13
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

i can't believe this we are losing to a weak team like Cartagena, a team was in 21 position b4 the game.

Jesus Vazquez was terrible yesterday,lassad was invisible, but i blame oltra as well the team lack winning mentality away & we are so soft we dont put pressure in midfield, we let any team with minimal quality to do what they love to do, also i agree with others 4-4-2 is not 4 Deportivo
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 20:57   #14
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

i know they woud lose when i saw the first 5 minetes.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 22:58   #15
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I missed this one due to work. But I followed the results via twitter... Very disappointed.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote