Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 12-06-2013, 18:06   #1
EldeAlemania95

EldeAlemania95 is on a distinguished road
Default FIFA Confed Cup 2013 Brazil

Hi, are you going to follow Confed Cup's matches?

I hope that Tahiti will not be "sacraficed"
BLÜH IM GLANZE DIESES GLÜCKES, BLÜHE DEUTSCHES VATERLAND!
EldeAlemania95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 09:04   #2
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am interested in the results, and I am gonna watch the major matches, Sascha. Forza Tahiti of course!
Old 14-06-2013, 10:02   #3
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

The considered as flexible Brazilian customs office took away 500 kg of food (Parmezan, Parma-ham and Breasola) from the Italian National team at the entrance. Quite strange, maybe the officers don't like AC Parma or what...
Old 14-06-2013, 10:50   #4
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
The considered as flexible Brazilian customs office took away 500 kg of food (Parmezan, Parma-ham and Breasola) from the Italian National team at the entrance. Quite strange, maybe the officers don't like AC Parma or what...

If the same rules as in the World Cup are applied, maybe those parmezans are not sponsors, they should need to get the other parmezan that is officially a sponsor.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 20:18   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

This tournament will be a disaster. It's raining a lot and there are complaints of the long trips to the stadiums.
Warning for the World Cup?
Old 17-06-2013, 10:31   #6
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

I really enjoyed the boooos towards Blatter on the opening ceremony. After so much doubts in me, Brazilia finally gained my vote.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...w-8640369.html

Pirlo's goal was amazing.

Last edited by DepHun : 17-06-2013 at 11:34.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:21   #7
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

I don't like what I see from the police of so-called leftish government in Brazil. Tear-gas is a rightish solution for people who want to express their wish of better education and health system instead of million dollar cost stadiums.

Half seriously: give the WC to Qatar!
Old 19-06-2013, 20:05   #8
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

And Blater asking for "fair play" during his speech
Old 20-06-2013, 07:15   #9
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Half seriously: give the WC to Qatar!

Well...they will have it in 2022
Old 20-06-2013, 09:09   #10
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

I meant both the WC 2014 and the 2022 as well
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone explain to me why so many clubs in the past few years, seem to insist to let their worst penalty kick taker, take the damn penalties?

I've seen it happen so many times this season, in nearly every club. I mean seriously, whose idea was it to let Sergio Ramos take that penalty yesterday? "I know, let the guy who always shoots penalties out of the stadium take it!". And I'm sure if Ramos hadn't taken it, they would've given it to Torres again, who of course already missed one in the group stage. In the Europa League, Chelsea also decided to let Torres take an important penalty he ended up missing.

Or what about the fact that at Depor they decided it was a good idea to let Riki take two penalties. The guy who can't score from a one-on-one if his life depended on it. The choker. His missed penalty against Levante might have been decisive in the long run. Or at Waregem, where we let Leye take and miss two important penalties in the final matchdays of the season. Robben, with Bayern in the CL-final last year. I could go on and on.

I mean, seriously! Why do they always pick the least qualified people to take such important penalties? Spain has Iniesta, Xavi, Mata etc in their team, and which are the two players they let take the penalties? Torres and Ramos
Old 01-07-2013, 13:04   #12
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

Well, I talk about Espana and Depor, as I know neither Bayern, nor Waregem too much. So I think, Ramos took that penalty, as none else had the mentality to take such kind of responsibility. Although they proven me wrong against Italy a little, I don't think, that most of the Spanish hyper-stars have the killer-instinct in their character, as normally they pass 7 meters from the goal-line in front of an empty goal, they rather pass the responsibility to someone else, when it is about taking a penalty. Idiot-my-fav Ramos and El Nino has at least something in them (just like Pique who destroyed his future best friend, Neymar )

It can be the same at Depor for Riki: there was no-one else who would have taken the ball away from him before the penalty, that he wanted to shoot it (who else? Aythami? Ze with his gastroenteretis problems before a match against Alcorcon? Evaldo? etc.)
Old 01-07-2013, 13:17   #13
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I kinda agree with Kalman, it looked like no other Spanish player was particularly up for taking that penalty.

The biggest example of a previous situation was that of 92 when we entrusted a centre back to take the most important penalty in our history, simply because others bottled it. At least that could be considered slightly understandable as it was for the clubs first liga title ever and there was real pressure there.

What surprised me about yesterdays situation was that a lot of this crop have played European club finals, the Euro Championship final and a world cup final. Whilst there would have been some pressure in a Confederations Cup final, surely it's not in the same league as those other comps. I think they had just lost belief in themselves to be honest, which is something that hasn't happened in the Spanish national team for years.
Old 01-07-2013, 14:00   #14
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Spain has a team of Barcelona and Real mostly. And Messi and Ronaldo are the one's that take penalties at those teams. No one from tjose teams really has a lot of practise in that regard.
Old 01-07-2013, 15:37   #15
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
The biggest example of a previous situation was that of 92 when we entrusted a centre back to take the most important penalty in our history, simply because others bottled it.
Well, I try to avoid anything badly understandable, but while Greg used to say, that the Dutch are not good in penalties, I consider those Ex-Jugoslavs (in several other sports as well), who are going there and at least try it to define things. Even if they are the last in the squad who should do it. And normally they succeed. Poor Depor with Djukic...

It would be strange if Spanish NT lost confidence in themselves. I rather hope, what happened was, that after a long season, they went to Brazil to play naked-poker with low-moral girls as a vacation , they played awful against Italy, but somehow managed to get the final after 120 mins of suffer, and at the second min, they were a goal down against Brazil in the Maracana. Un-motivated, tired, careless. The suffer was more and more during the match, and they just waited for the end of the torture. I hope this is what happened and that it won't effect too much the guys in the Spanish NT, but I can't be sure.