Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 25-04-2004, 21:54   #16
anuroc

anuroc is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to anuroc

Just a twisted ankle playing football, but I have not played so much football so it's normal; I had more twisted ankles playing basketball and I broke three fingers playing volley-ball.
Old 25-04-2004, 22:24   #17
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

I stopped playing in high school. I don't have time to play in university, but our high school won several provincial titles...I play just for fun now.

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 07:39   #18
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
I can't imagine a life without playing football.

Well mine is such a life. This may sound strange and possibly atypical for someone on this forum, but I'm not the sportsperson type, and i only engaged in non-serious soccer during my Physical Education (PE) classes back at school. Non-serious in the sense that we didn't even have jerseys and boots, there was no training -- just a setting where everyone played for fun. Even so I was very careful, so not surprisingly I never got injured during any of my PE lessons.

I would say i'm active, but not physically active. while i would never choose to play for a soccer team, i would jump at most opportunities to play competitive chess.

I watch soccer because it's a chance for me to see others do well what I'm not naturally gifted in or not naturally enjoy doing first hand. I chose depor because I liked what they stood for.
Old 26-04-2004, 16:01   #19
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

That's exactly why I watch tennis. I couldn't serve a ball to save my life.

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 17:47   #20
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

But sport is also practice... I never considered myself specially "talented" for any sport, but thanks to some tricks I've learnt and practiced I'm now able to kick a ball
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 17:48   #21
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't play football either, so I imagine a life without playing it (and without its injuries ) very well, it's just not my kind of sport. But Depor is my kind of club, like DREAMFUSION's.
Old 27-04-2004, 07:54   #22
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

well i have had 3 injuries in my hole life i broke my thumb this year - 5 weeks

i got an injury cxalled ozgoodsladus disease - its to do with tendons in ur knee or something - 6 weeks

and well its not really an injury but please promise not to laugh to hard - i was playing keeper and a shot came i tipped it onto the bar and it went back out and a guy volleyed it - i got up and dived to my left and i pushed it away then...

BLANK!!!!

i dived into the post and knocked myself out i cant remember anything after that except for feeling REALLY sleepy in the hospital
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 17:36   #23
Jorge
Legend
Peña Member

Jorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jorge Send a message via Yahoo to Jorge Send a message via Skype™ to Jorge

Oh my goodness how many injuries here, although I played A LOT of football till Military Service I never had a serious injury because of football but with a bicycle when I was like 12 or 13.

I got an old no longer used bike as a present from someone don't remember though and my Dad helped me pulling all into pieces, cleaning, fixing, adding oil to where it belonged and then left me painting it and adding stuff I wanted and afterwards he helped me putting it all together again...

It was the first bike I personally worked on to get it going and I painted it and all that stuff and on my FIRST ride on this bycicle I went to visit my best friend who lived like a kilometer away.

I arrived at his home and as his room was towards the back of his house I entered the way to the garages, that way went steeply down and made like a 90 degree curve then you arrived a patio, where mothers hung up clothes to dry but you also could reach the garages there.

So what happened: There was only one bar from that two-bar construction for hanging up clothes in the middle of my way and at least 10 meters of free room to each side, I came down full speed already shouting the name of my friend and guess what... I couldn't pass besides that damn bar, I couldn't brake, it was like it went hypermagnetic or so...

So I crashed fullspeed into that bar and flew over my bike and with the back of my head against the very same bar... The front wheel of my new self-made bike was completely bend like in a bad movie, I was bleeding from the back of my head (where I had an hole that was later sewn with several passes) AND MY FRIEND WASN'T EVEN AT HOME!!!

It was a wonderful sunny Weekend day and actually there was no one in that patio but me, everybody was off enjoying that day. I then had to push my bike back home, crying along the damn long way till arriving where my parents brought me to the hospital then...

Oooh, before anyone thinks 'Man Jorge went way off topic...' NO!
Of course I wanted to show my mate the new bike but then I wanted to play football with him!!
So this injury was like on the way to playing football...
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 21:45   #24
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch Jorge. Back of the head injuries are the worst.
Old 29-04-2004, 03:09   #25
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

hehehe i dont care if it wasnt playing football it was a great story!! ouch the back of head then walking home a km!! not good!!
Old 29-04-2004, 23:44   #26
Chronic Inebriety

Chronic Inebriety is off the scale

Chronic Inebriety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 00:07   #27
Depor_Chile
Seasoned Member

Depor_Chile is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Depor_Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Inebriety
But I never got any serious injuries. Mainly because I'm a real man, and real men don't get injured.

hahaha
Old 30-04-2004, 05:10   #28
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

hahahahaha yeh whatever!!!

thats pretty lucky man getting poked in the eye by that and not losing ur site!!! my cousin lost his site (well he lost 1 eye) by getting hit by a surf-board - if u can lose ur site by that - then count urself lucky!
Old 30-04-2004, 11:01   #29
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

about 5 years ago my right feet was badly injured: it was not broken but everything else what could happen, happened. I was unable to walk for months and still now when i kick a ball hard i can feel some pain there. Still i played until 3 years ago the same thing happened with my other feet (bacuse of not warming up enough!) Since than i'm unable to play decent anymore, just for fun Now when i even am jogging i still feel that injury so much like it could happen again every step i make
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 23:26   #30
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe that this is the first time I have seen this topic.

I have played competitive football since I was about 8 years and until I was 24, I had never been seriously injured. Unfortunately, in 1992 I had one injury after another.

I was taken to hospital 8 times during the 91/92 season. 3 times I had concussion and 2 of those times I needed stitches in cuts to the face. I also had my nose broken twice and my cheekbone once.

The season ended for me on Feb 9th when I had my leg badly broken by a mad goalkeeper. The break was so bad that both my bones were sticking out my leg and it actually made someone sick on the pitch. That has to be the most painful injury of my life and I don't wish that on anyone.

I was told that I probably wouldnt be able to play competively again and that I was not even allowed to kick a ball for 18 months. I was really determined to play though because football was my life before I was married with kids and within 2 years I was playing for my local side. Unfortunately, I could never get my speed back which had been the best thing about my game before.

I have played and suffered many injuries since then but none quite as bad. I've broken my nose again and I also tore ankle ligaments but the most painful injury since my broken leg was landing on my back after I went up for a header. I had a bit of internal swelling which pinched my Sciatic Nerve and that was really painful sometimes.

In 2002, I had to give up competitive football after I blacked out and collapsed twice during the season. I spent 18 months visiting different departments at the hospital and was forced to manage the team rather than play.

Now I still play occassionally in a Vet's League (over 35) but I find it frustrating that my body won't do what I want it too.