Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 27-11-2003, 05:23   #1
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RANT: Nedved ignored for FIFA World Player Award

This is outrageous!!! Ronaldo is a great striker but Nedved deserves to be there more. Zidane, I honestly think, deserves to be there (I'm biased), but Henry? I mean, he's a great striker but Arsenal didn't even win anything last year! Nedved won his second scudetto in a row and singlehandedly took Juve to the CL final (they even lost because he wasn't there!) and he's completely ignored!!! I honestly think it's because he's from Eastern Europe. Nowaday's you have to be Brazilian or from one of the major Euroopean football countries to be nominated for anything. I'm so disgusted!!!

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 09:34   #2
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nowaday's you have to be Brazilian or from one of the major Euroopean football countries to be nominated for anything. I'm so disgusted!!!

Please let me add something: OR you should play at one of the traditional big clubs in Europa (Madrid, Milan etc.)...

What exactly have those three players done for marvellous things this year?? Ah never mind, I am already wasting too much characters on a stupid biased and corrupted election like this one...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 11:29   #3
Dudu

Dudu is off the scale

That's catastrophy...Nedved was apsolutly the best player in last year!
Najbolji je dinamo...
Dudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 14:24   #4
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Correct me if I'm wrong.
To get to the final 3 don't ALL football associations from around the world vote for their 1st,2nd and 3rd choice.
These are then added up and we are left with 3??
If this is the case then I cannot see how it can be any fairer.
(Although I agree nedved deserved tio be there)

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 21:15   #5
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

There are many players who would deserve to be among the three and not even one Milan player who won the Champions was nominated, so Nedved can't really complain..
I hope Henry wins it, he's so good and doesn't have the award yet unlike Ronie and Zizou. Arsenal didn't play well in Europe but Henry was top class during the year.
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 01:04   #6
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias
There are many players who would deserve to be among the three and not even one Milan player who won the Champions was nominated, so Nedved can't really complain..
I hope Henry wins it, he's so good and doesn't have the award yet unlike Ronie and Zizou. Arsenal didn't play well in Europe but Henry was top class during the year.

Romours appears today in Marca that Henry will be the next "galactic" if he wins this "prize" you can be sure that Florentino Peprez will be searching him. Good for us more strikers and less defense
Old 28-11-2003, 01:33   #7
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there's a voting system for coaches and stuff, but I'm just wondering if they vote for their favourite players or players who have actually played consistently well. Because that's what it should be based on! I've heard that Barca want Henry. But knowing the type of president Perez is, even if Stan Collymore won the award Real Madrid would be after him. They want 'BIG' names.

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 08:21   #8
anuroc

anuroc is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to anuroc

If Perez is smart he will go after Ballack
About the FIFA award, blame your nat coaches
I find this system better than the Ballon d'Or system (a group of journalist deciding everything)
Old 28-11-2003, 09:49   #9
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

What I mean is that this election is for its most part based op the REPUTATION of players than on their actual performances in the year, in this case 2003. That's why it's biased, because an East-European player like Nedved looks 'pale' compared to the appearance of Ronaldo/Zidane and Juve doesn't have the glamour Real Madrid have. So if I sign for Real Madrid (God forgive me!) and play alongside Zidane and Figo I also would be close to a nomination!!

Once I looked at the list of those players the national coaches submitted, and many of them included national players (even from very small countries with no excellent players!).

This would be my list of FIVE nominees based on 2003:
* PAVEL NEDVED: Didn't Juve win the Serie A and reach the CL final? It was mainly because of Nedved's impressive form. Also, the Czech Republic beat The Netherlands to reach the EURO 2004 tournament
* RONALDO: Keeps on scoring for both Real Madrid and the national team
* ROY MAKAAY: European topscorer in Spain at Deportivo and now the number one striker, and scoring goals, at a big club like Bayern Munich
* PAOLO MALDINI: Master of an excellent Milan defence and Champions League winner in May
* HENRY: He never stops scoring and, besides, regularly makes excellent moves.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote