Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 25-11-2009, 11:15   #946
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Besides, if Depor manages to reach Europe, I don't see much reason for Lendoiro not to renew Lotina's contract, and for Lotina wanting to leave.

Bingo! My thoughts exactly.

Regards,
Joey

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 18:39   #947
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Besides, if Depor manages to reach Europe, I don't see much reason for Lendoiro not to renew Lotina's contract, and for Lotina wanting to leave.

Yes, it certainly seems like Lotina has it good at Depor. Lendoiro gives him no shortage of autonomy in his job, which you cannot say for any of the larger clubs in Spain.

Hari, I agree that Lotina would not go to Atletico. I don't think he would want such a pressurized and unprofessional atmosphere.

The big question is money, of course. I agree that if an English club comes to him with a large amount of money and a big budget to work with, it might turn his head. I think his coaching philosophy could be successful in the Premiership.

I loved the article on the technology that the coaching staff uses. In American football, you often see players on the sidelines analyzing photographs during the game. I'm glad that Depor doesn't take an anti-technology and statistics stance that still seems to be prevalent in the game.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 17:58   #948
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

forget abt Preciado..
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...722832,00.html
he has signed a new two yr deal with Sporting..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 18:43   #949
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

to talk about this issue at this time of the season is so wrong,hope it doesn't affect our team... Lotina is doing a great job with the squad we have...even after Lafita & Verdu out we r better now in results & the way we play...

so Lendoiro plz keep busy with other stuff & buy us a good striker or right winger that can score more goals than filipe & colotto do

Last edited by Riazor warriors : 27-11-2009 at 18:47.
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 20:36   #950
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
I'm quite sure he'll go to England, in case of an eventual switch. No proper teams in Spain, but teams like Wigan (also with Martinez now, anyway), Birmingham and West Ham are probable destinations IMO.

Yeah, same here: if he leaves Depor I see him ending up in an English club.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:10   #951
Palusqui
Beginner

Palusqui is on a distinguished road

I guess Lotina is only good in Calcio ... the way he plays 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 ... it fits the Calcio cuz most of Italian teams play with much Defence..

Lotina's strategy is Boring .. we are winning by a little of luck, no tactics, no strategies
Old 04-12-2009, 10:09   #952
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say Depor is winning games mainly because of Lotina's tactics this season. I had my fair share of problems with Lotina's tactics in the past, but this season, he only twice used a strategy of which I thought: "what the hell is that??". And both times he proved me wrong by winning the game

Depor bases its games on its defense, which is purely logical since it's easily the strongest aspect of the team. And even then I wouldn't exactly say Depor is ultra defensive. I mean, there have been games this season where we started with 3 strikers (Mista, Riki and Lassad), with Guardado backing them up together with JR and Filipe, who often go forward as well.

Agreed, we had a bit of luck this season already, but we also had just as much of bad luck. By that I mean Valeron's glaring miss in Bernabeu on the first matchday for example, if that had gone in, we would've been leading 2-3. In that case, I think we'd at least get away with a point in Madrid. We got robbed against Gijon, we had a valid equaliser cancelled in Valladolid when we were trailing 1-0 at the time. The only game in which we lost points where we really deserved it or where we didn't get robbed by the referee, is the Espanyol game. And there isn't a single game which we won, where we were really lucky, except maybe last weekend's game agains Racing, but even that I think we slightly deserved in the end.

Fact is that we could be having the best start in Primera ever in our history. All that while our squad has nowhere near the same quality as ten years ago. If we would only be riding on luck, there's no chance in hell we would be up there right now. One could argue Lotina's strategy is a little boring, but what do you expect from a team like Depor? Besides, if you call the games for example against Getafe and Atletico boring, then I can only conclude you didn't watch these games.

I find it a little weird that we hardly ever see Valeron as well, not even as a sub, but since we won 7 out of our last 9 games, I hardly think you could argue with Lotina's decision.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44   #953
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palusqui
I guess Lotina is only good in Calcio ... the way he plays 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 ... it fits the Calcio cuz most of Italian teams play with much Defence..

Lotina's strategy is Boring .. we are winning by a little of luck, no tactics, no strategies

You can argue as much as you like that the tactics is boring that is fine with me because that very much rely on the beholder.
But to argue that there is no strategy that does not make any sense because I have seen the different tactics used by Depor during the period of Lotina and the roles of the players are very different in the different tactics so they do not just do something by coincedence no they do ecxactly what they are suppose to do and that is what tactics/strategy is all about...
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42   #954
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

We're not playing in some exhibition league where the sun always shines, everyone gets in free and the football is pure art to complete the whole day for those lucky fans that got in.
Football is a business these days and the business is all about winning, like it or not. I'd take a series of 1-0 wins, playing like we are; over a series of 5-4 defeats where we played brilliant flowing foootball, anyday.
We should play to our strengths, which is exactly what Lotina has been doing. We aren't Real Madrid or Barca, so the boss doesn't have to worry about being fired because the football isn't pretty enough. If the results suddenly plummet though, and we go on a downhill spiral; then Lotina's job could certainly be under pressure.(No matter how boring or exciting the football is)
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59   #955
Festy
Occasional Member

Festy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palusqui

That's just a ridiculous comment which shows severe lack of football knowledge on your part. We have been winning simply based on superior tactics and strategies under Lotina and for god's sake don't bring this 4-5-1/4-3-2-1 shit because every successful European club plays this way. Man United play with 4-6-0 formation sometimes and win just about everything.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 21:13   #956
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotina (from Zapping section)
We didn’t go into the draw of the UEFA Cup for the theme of Pepe. We didn’t enter into the draw for the kick of Pepe.

Could someone explain this? I didn't got it
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 21:19   #957
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Could someone explain this? I didn't got it
I would assume that Spain's general fair-play ranking got dragged - or well, thrown - downwards, when Pepe unleashed the kicks. And since we were high up that list, we didn't get a place.

That, or Pepe's kick was the reason for us not playing good enough. It's already the scapegoat for a lot of things, anyway.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 22:07   #958
ggeorg

Peña Member

Thanx Danny...

That's kind of irrelevant for Lotina to mention it nowadays, but, oh well...
Old 18-12-2009, 11:43   #959
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

He should be concentrating on getting us into Europe on merit and not dredging up the past. Another interview where he fails to set public goals for the squad - what happened to his statement earlier in the season about evaluating and defining what he wants after 13 games? Get off the fence and put the pressure on the squad, Lotina. They're getting paid enough to handle it.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 12:15   #960
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Get off the fence and put the pressure on the squad, Lotina. They're getting paid enough to handle it.

You think so?

I doubt they're getting paid, equally to the teams that are getting paid enough to handle the pressure of being up in the table.
I don't know, but this "developing from game to game" seems to work nice.