Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Prediction League & Quinelas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prediction League & Quinelas Predict the scores for each Depor match. For Quinelas, predict a draw or home/away win. Most major tournaments are covered.

Old 10-01-2019, 00:43   #316
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Yes, for sure there was some confusion there.

Just to clarify the "rules" for everyone, let's use the same example again.

- If someone post this week:

2-1

As I have posted (like always) the next fixture and deadline, I understand that every prediction is for that game. As the fixture posted is Mallorca v Deportivo, then I would take that prediction as a 2-1 victory for Mallorca, and would give the points for the result, without points for goalscorers if not predicted. If that person complains later, saying he meant 1-2, and not 2-1, I wouldn't take that as valid, as there's no info in the post confirming that, and I would say: Next time make sure to make it clear, because if someone post 2-1 for a Mallorca v Depor, with no more info, I will take that as a Mallorca 2 - Depor 1.

- If someone post:

2-1
(Lago Junior, Álex López)(Borja Valle)

I would obviously take that as a 2-1 victory for Mallorca, no doubt, and that person would get points for result and goalscorers. I think we all agree in this.

- And what happens if someone post:

2-1
(Borja Valle, Carlos F)(Lago Junior)

Then I would take that as a victory for Depor with a 1-2 result, and I would give the points for result and goalscorers, even if that person confused the venue or stadium in the prediction.

I agree that the case with Adi is different, as he confused the name of the rival, but as I said before, if he just had posted "0-0", he would get the points and I think nobody would be complaining.

But after all, this is Depor prediction, and the main objective is to predict next Depor result, not to write down the name of the teams perfectly. Adi participates in this game every week, and he knew there was a Depor match that Sunday at 17:30, because he entered to post his prediction some minutes before the kick off and posted a 0-0 result for Depor before deadline. Yes, he made a mistake, and put Cádiz there instead of Lugo, who knows why... maybe because he copied and pasted from his last prediction changing results but not teams, maybe because he entered in the last page of Depor predictions, and the match on the top of the page 20 was Cádiz v Depor, so he forgot we had played against them before Christmas...

I live in A Coruña and have been socio for many years, and yet when people ask me what team we play next week, most of the times I have to check because I don't know. So I can not ask a fan from Poland, Ireland, Georgia, Bulgaria, Fiji, Jordania, Arabia or wherever to know exactly what rival are we playing next week, specially now at Segunda. So maybe because of that, it's easy for me to be "generous" with Adi's mistake, and as long as he predicted a 0-0 result, I took that as good, like a Depor v Lugo prediction, not taking the mistake in consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Bottom line is, 8 people predicted the result before Adi and all 8 went for a Depor win. The betting had us as strong favorites so no surprise there. Highest scorer gets 10 points.

Adi then predicts that Cadiz will take a point at home to Depor and gets 60 pts for it.

IMO that's not a proof, on the contrary. Let me tell you, honestly, that I was very very tempted to post a 2-2 result, as derbies are always tough games, and last derby vs Lugo at Riazor had been a draw. But as everybody had predicted a victory, and I was the leader, I preferred to play "safe" and go with the majority predicting a victory for us too. But in case I was chasing points, like Adi was, I'm sure I would have posted a 2-2 result. Somehow, I'm still regretting and blaming myself (I knew it, I knew it was going to be a draw...). In fact, somehow I expected you to post a 2-2, as we many times share football brain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Don't fancy your chances of ever getting a job in a betting shop if you pay out when that happens
If we were playing for money, obviously all this would be different and the rules would be much more tight... But remember we are not playing for money, and this is just for fun, so I guess that's why "we" have "admitted" mistakes in the predictions sometimes before.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 10-01-2019 at 00:51.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:35   #317
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, I saw Adi's post before kick-off and noticed the error. Although a mistake, I "took it" as a 0-0 prediction for the Depor-Lugo game and I have no problem treating it as such, unless Adi tells us differently.

IMO, Xose has acted correctly in his interpretation of the matter and I, for one, have no issue with the outcome (except like Xose said, I really should have predicted a draw too!!! ).

Btw, if I had known something like this could generate such a discussion, I would have been posting weird predictions all the time! Maybe I will start doing that now...
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 19:02   #318
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

ok go on guys. I like this thread. Have fun and excitement.

Mallorca v Deportivo 1 (A. Lopez) 1 (Quique)

Last edited by Vatex : 11-01-2019 at 18:15.
Vatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 16:21   #319
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Mallorca 2 (Rodriguez, Stoichkov)

Depor 1 (Quique)
Old 12-01-2019, 09:55   #320
Marci 14

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Mallorca 1 (Lago Junior)
Depor 2 (Borja, Quique)
Old 12-01-2019, 12:11   #321
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Adi had predicted a 1-2 result for Cádiz v Depor last time, and now made a 0-0 prediction some minutes before Depor v Lugo kick-off. Obviously there's a mistake, maybe because he just copied and pasted his last prediction changing the result but not the rival team, maybe because he just confused the match after the festive period without games, but anyway, he guessed the right score.

Reading the rules of the game, I understand that the objective of the game is to guess the right result for next Depor match, and IMO Adi did it. Ok, he made a mistake in the name of the rival, but does it make his Depor prediction invalid then?

In case someone posted "Depor 0-0", or just posted the result "0-0" without posting the teams, I think I would take the result as valid as well.

That's the reason why I took the decision to give Adi the points, because he got the correct result, and that's the main objective of the game.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, and if the majority of the people think it's not fair to give Adi the 60 points, table can be updated.
I agree. My mistake I was right back after party when I predicted You can take 60 points from my position.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:17   #322
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Mallorca 1 Deportivo 2
Alex Lopez - Quique, Borja
Old 12-01-2019, 14:13   #323
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

mallorca 1 lago

depor 1 carlos f
Old 12-01-2019, 14:38   #324
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Mallorca 1 Álex López
depor 2 ( santos, quique)

Last edited by Deporlover : 12-01-2019 at 19:28.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 15:30   #325
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi
I agree. My mistake I was right back after party when I predicted You can take 60 points from my position.

Thanks Adi for the honest explanation. That it was a mistake, it was obvious for everybody. That you didn't do it on purpose, and didn't want to cheat or take any advantage with it, that's also clear, I think.

So for me, it doesn't change my previous opinion, and I'm still thinking that you got the right result for Depor, even if it was pure luck because you were thinking in a different match. If things had went normal, Depor would have won, and most of the people had got a lot of points for it, and you only 5 points. Probably nobody would have complained about your 5 points in that case. But as long as you were lucky enough to get the correct result getting 60 points, and the majority had only 10 or 0 points, I think that was what caused all this agitation.

Yet, as I promised, and I think it's fair, the final decision about this case is not exclusively in my hands, but in what the majority decides. So in the next days, I would like to know the opinion of all participants in the game, feel free to do it here if you want, or send me a private message if you prefer anonymity in the vote:

A) Keep Adi's 60 points, and make a "precedent" for the future, in case someone unconsciously confuses the fixture to predict, we will take that "Depor prediction" as "valid".

B) Give Adi 0 points, not 60, and make a "precedent" for the future, in case someone unconsciously confuses the fixture to predict, we will take that "Depor prediction" as "invalid".

C) Who cares? Flip a coin!
Old 12-01-2019, 18:28   #326
abdul001

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

Mallorca 1( Álex López)
depor 2 ( Fernández, quique)
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 19:33   #327
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Mallorca - Deportivo: 0-1
Quique González
Old 12-01-2019, 20:16   #328
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

Mallorca 1 Deportivo 2
Junior Lago - Quique, Duarte
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 22:29   #329
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

@Adi - was it your intention to predict a 0-0 in the Depor-Lugo game?
Old 14-01-2019, 23:25   #330
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Mallorca 1 (Lago Junior)
Deportivo 0

1 Rack 20 2 Blue Nation 11 2 Marci 14 11 2 valeron21 11 2 Thai Depor 11 6 Carril 5 6 Vatex 5 6 Adi 5 6 Deporlover 5 6 abdul001 5 6 caabrego 5