Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:21   #16
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
The city now has another 'big' team with Ciudad Santiago (http://www.ciudaddesantiago.com) who play in Tercera - Grupo I. They are leading their table and definitely will play for a spot in Segunda B next year.
thats where some of our young players are playing.. Ian Mackay, Diego Seoane and Efren.. i dont know how are they performing..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:36   #17
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

The team who's 17th in Preferente Norte is the former Sociedad Deportiva Compostela.

Ciudad de Santiago (leading Grupo I in Tercera) is the city's biggest team right now and plays in San Lázaro-stadium. Also Changui and Marcos Suárez play there.

Don't know the exact story about Santiago de Compostela, the other club in Preferente Norte.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:40   #18
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Mackay, Diego Seoane and Efrén are there and ex-Deportivo B players Manu (not the goalkeeper) and Marcos Suarez and also notorious Changui.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 21:47   #19
swindonvillage
Occasional Member

swindonvillage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you just copying my question? LOL

I think that Compostela is the team which was SD Compostela in the 1990s and beat Deportivo 4-0, and they could still be called SD Compostela and playing in San Lazaro. But there are three teams now: Compostela, Santiago de Compostela and Ciudad Santiago (founded: 1978).

However, Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefere...ica_de_Galicia) claims that Compostela was founded in 1962 and Santiago de Compostela in 2004, exactly in the years when SD Compostela were in financial troubles.

So, was there maybe a split in 2004 of SD Compostela into SD Compostela and Santiago de Compostela?

Anyway, Compostela is nowadays the worst team of the city. Santiago de Compostela are title contenders in the same league and Ciudad Santiago might even be in Segunda B (the current league of Deportivo B) next year.

No, what really happened is that some people from Santiago decided to create two different clubs with no relation to SD Compostela. All of them were in that 5th level you mention but the strongest of them is Cidade de Santiago, currently top of the Galician third Division and almost through to the end of season paly-offs. They play( like SD) at the San Lazaro Stadium and have the healthiest of budgets. Their directors are former SD fans but thought a better option starting from scratch rather than having to put up with all SD problems. Most normal thing is that they reach higher catefories within the near future.

Santiago CF are the other club in the city, also created by SD former fans but playing with a lower budget. They play at the Estadio Santa Isabel where SD played for the best part of 30 years before the San Lazaro was built. They are in the Regional Preferente, which consists of two groups, Northern, with 20 clubs from La Coruña and Lugo ans Southern, 20 clubs from Pontevedra and Ourense. Top of the table from each group gets promoted, runners up play each other to decide which club gets the third spot. BUT, if a club from the Third Division gets promoted to Segunda B, then both runners up are promoted to the Third Division. If 4 clubs from the Third Division were to be promoted, then no less than 7 clubs from Regional Preferente would be promoted as well.

It´s nice to mention that, 25 years ago, the best club( and oldest) from the city was Vista Alegre CF, created even before tha SD Compostela were born. They were defunct a few years ago.

Hope to have been of some help. For any queries into lower reaches of Galician football, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 05-04-2008, 22:22   #20
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I don 't know if this standard is too low but do you know anything about San Pedro de Nos? I think they must play in some kind of league just in Coruna, so it's probably not very high at all.
Old 06-04-2008, 18:04   #21
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thans Swindon, I couldn't have asked for more....
So it's now 3 teams in Santiago and two of them were established just recently?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 18:21   #22
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by swindonvillage
Hope to have been of some help. For any queries into lower reaches of Galician football, don't hesitate to ask.
thanks, can u tell us how well Efren and other depor youngsters are playing at CD Santiago and in other Tercera clubs (like Alberto at Montaneros)?

Last edited by hari : 06-04-2008 at 18:24.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 23:59   #23
swindonvillage
Occasional Member

swindonvillage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I don 't know if this standard is too low but do you know anything about San Pedro de Nos? I think they must play in some kind of league just in Coruna, so it's probably not very high at all.

San pedro de Nós is not exactly in Coruña but in a town called Oleiros just outside the capital( once you cross the bridge called Puente Pasaje). Their football team is Atletico San pedro and plays in the Segunda Regional, the 7th level of Spanish football. They play only teams from The province of La Coruña.

Quote:
Thans Swindon, I couldn't have asked for more....
So it's now 3 teams in Santiago and two of them were established just recently?

That's right. SD Compostela are 40 years old while Cidade de santiago and Santiago CF have been recently created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
thanks, can u tell us how well Efren and other depor youngsters are playing at CD Santiago and in other Tercera clubs (like Alberto at Montaneros)?

Not exactly know how they are doing. As far as I can tell you, Alberto was on the line-up for Montañeros game according to the sports pages from Monday´s LA VOZ DE GALICIA. THis is by far( excluding DeporSport) the best paper for amateur football here in La Coruña.

Last edited by deporik : 11-04-2008 at 08:18. Reason: Posts Merged
swindonvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10   #24
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
On Thursday Depor Sport presented a report about the loaned players of Fabril:

Alberto Dominguez (keeper): he's doing great, he's a 20-year-old goalkeeper at Montañeros, he has more than 1300 minutes in Tercera, curiosly he's fighting for the spot with David Yañez, the old keeper of Fabril.

Javi Redondo (midfielder):
Terrible season for him. He's 20 and was loaned to Montareños too, but he suffered a knee injury and was out for 4 months, later he was loaned again, this time to Betanzos, but without luck, he barely plays.

Efren Rodriguez (striker): He's 20 and has been at Depor since 'Infantiles' (players between 8 and 10). He was loaned to Ciudad de Santiago and like Alberto Dominguez, he didn't have too many chances because he has been injured.

Diego Seoane (right-back): Also 20. Loaned to ciudad de Santiago, he's doing great, he's a normal starter and has been label as one of the best players in the squad. Surely he will be the replacement for Laure.

Dani Rodriguez (midfielder/left wing): He's 19. He was loaned to Betanzos and had a slow start, but he has exploded in the second round scoring four goals (six in the whole season), all of this after he was moved to the left wing. The coach of Betanzos said about him: "he's a natural winner, any coach will like to have a player like him."

Last edited by caabrego : 11-04-2008 at 01:18.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23   #25
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Swindon,

San Pedro are actually higher than I thought. I have family members that played for them and I think they now have a veterans team as well.

I'm not sure if it was them that he was playing for at the time, but my uncle actually had a heart attack whilst playing football at Abegondo a few years ago. (He's fine now)
Old 31-01-2011, 14:18   #26
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Well, I am reading that since Cerro played the full first round, then what they will do is to keep the results on the round and to cancel the games of the second.

Too bad for Cerro Reyes

Btw, searching about them, i just realised that CF Extremadura has been dissolved!!
They were playing in la liga during the 90's.

Is there any team at segunda from the community of Extremadura? This should be the poorest footballing community in Spain
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 16:21   #27
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

No. Just at Segunda B: Cacereño and the new Extremadura, which is Extremadura UD
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 22:03   #28
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx Carlos.

Plus the two Badajoz clubs, CD Badajoz and Cerro Reyes at our group.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 13:28   #29
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at segunda B Group 4!!!Why Polideportivo Ejido and sporting villanoeva didn t play a game since janurary this year??they will be relegated for sure as they only have 7 and 14 points... I remembered when ejido blast 4:0 against real madrid a few years ago...

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 14:06   #30
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Tristan
Look at segunda B Group 4!!!Why Polideportivo Ejido and sporting villanoeva didn t play a game since janurary this year??they will be relegated for sure as they only have 7 and 14 points... I remembered when ejido blast 4:0 against real madrid a few years ago...
Well, they're out of money. Poli Ejido is actually the team that beat Villarreal 5-0 in the Copa a few years ago. The team that destroyed Real Madrid 4-0 was Alcorcon, who did the same thing to us at the start of the current season.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote