Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 16:32   #406
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

still you haven't answered my question completely.. it's not only about VF, all the previous coaches from Lotina (I believe) haven't seen him fit for the first team.. and in the same way you said about VF thinking about Seoane, we haven't seen VF for hardly a month.. you are already assuming about his personality?
Old 08-08-2014, 16:35   #407
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Now that Zuculini isn't coming and VF has said we're looking for a different profile than him, my guess would be that we'll sign a true defensive midfielder plus Josué who can cover both the creative midfielder position and the playmaker's role.

Never understood the obsession with Seoane though, he did fine in Segunda and I probably would have let him stay too but it's not like he's a big loss either. Let's not forget that Laure has played some very decent seasons in Primera already, at his age he should be able to reach that level again.

VF likes Juan Carlos and apparently he's the one he was most surprised by in the pre-season, but I also agree that he absolutely needs a full season as a starter at this point, and we're not going to be able to offer him that.
Old 08-08-2014, 17:39   #408
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
we haven't seen VF for hardly a month.. you are already assuming about his personality?
nice one Hari. not counting with his televised coaching activity for almost 20 years, some of us enjoyed.

to Aldo: some of us simply dislike the concept to send away home-grown players.

Are all those Lusitans Mendes-babies?
Old 08-08-2014, 18:37   #409
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Are all those Lusitans Mendes-babies?

Well, "all" of the two we've signed so far (Salomao, Cavaleiro) are, yes
If you're referring to the ones we're linked with, Josué and Henrique, they're not. Neither is Fariña by the way.

Quote:
to Aldo: some of us simply dislike the concept to send away home-grown players.

I dislike the concept of paying players salaries for sentimental reasons
If he's not going to play, there's no point in keeping him. The fact that a 26-year-old who has proven this little at his age is still considered a talent on the verge of breakthrough by some shows to me that some are pushing this home-grown thing a bit too far. We're not producing players at the moment who have the quality to claim a spot in a Primera team (with the odd exception every few years). As long as that's the case, there's little point in blaming coaches for not counting on the youth (again, why is Seoane still counted as such?). For that to happen, the club needs to make more of an effort on that department, as Sociedad, Bilbao and also Celta are doing. For the moment though, I guess the priorities of the money we have to spend are others, and I understand that.

Last edited by aldo : 08-08-2014 at 18:39.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:39   #410
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Man City announced today that Zuculini will not be loaned out and will be part of the team wearing number 36 and will be available for Sunday's game.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:24   #411
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Man City announced today that Zuculini will not be loaned out and will be part of the team wearing number 36 and will be available for Sunday's game.

All will should keep our eyes off then I like what I read let found our own
Old 09-08-2014, 18:39   #412
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Henrique seems to be coming to A Coruña.. would be a smart signing if it happens..
Old 10-08-2014, 13:55   #413
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
Well, "all" of the two we've signed so far (Salomao, Cavaleiro) are, yes
If you're referring to the ones we're linked with, Josué and Henrique, they're not. Neither is Fariña by the way.
yeah, I meant, all the Portuguese who are linked with us. thanks for the info.

About youth-players: although I did not mention this theme around Seoane, as I was speaking about home-grown guys, I am with you: a 26 years old guy is neither young, nor a future talent. Even: years ago I critisized Lendoiro's marketing slogan of baby-Depor contracting 23 years old Christian, Rodri and Verdú. For me a 23 years old player is not a baby, but either a ready-made one, or not good enough.

About Galician players at Depor: I have been heavily searching for a character of the squad. I did not like Lendoiro, but I was not against one of his last plans of basing more on Galicia. That could have been a character. Now we have the character of players with no link to the club, city, region are coming and going... I know the level of youth-player academy is very low at our beloved club, that is why I would give more chance to the very few home-grown guys, who still makes it. It could be also an example for the Corunese kids, that it can be done. Now the message is, that it is always the home-grown who is sent-away as first. Aldo, tell me please, what is the character of the club for you just now! Maybe I can accept it.

About Seoane: He did not show anything special, but that could have been said about quite a few mates as well. Sending him away does not bring too much financially either. Closing the un-effective youth-academy would bring much more.
Old 10-08-2014, 16:19   #414
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

We still trying to sign zuccilini?
Old 10-08-2014, 16:26   #415
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Even: years ago I critisized Lendoiro's marketing slogan of baby-Depor contracting 23 years old Christian, Rodri and Verdú. For me a 23 years old player is not a baby, but either a ready-made one, or not good enough.

I agree, 23 is very late to debut in Primera especially coming from Segunda B, and of those three only one was an exception to the rule and has proven his quality beyond doubt. And you know who it is
What I disagree with though is that a 23 year old can be a ready-made player, actually I tend to reject that term altogether. The entire career of a player should be a learning process in today's football and the really big players know that it applies to them too. What separates the true greats today from those who fall off at some point (Ronaldinho etc.) is the hunger and desire to work like madmen every single day to get better. And even if someone is close to his peak technically and physically, you can always improve the way you read the game and anticipate situations. I think that part will become even more important in the future, the limits of the human body will be reached at some point but there is lots of room left for giving more importance to the mind in the game.

Quote:
About Galician players at Depor: I have been heavily searching for a character of the squad. I did not like Lendoiro, but I was not against one of his last plans of basing more on Galicia. That could have been a character. Now we have the character of players with no link to the club, city, region are coming and going... I know the level of youth-player academy is very low at our beloved club, that is why I would give more chance to the very few home-grown guys, who still makes it. It could be also an example for the Corunese kids, that it can be done. Now the message is, that it is always the home-grown who is sent-away as first. Aldo, tell me please, what is the character of the club for you just now! Maybe I can accept it.

First of all, the fact that it can be done was shown by Ínsua just a year ago. But the quality has to be there, I think that's non-negotiable.

To me, identification with the club is the thing I look for. The reason I think that people give importance to the link to the city or region is that in many cases it means identification with the club. However: Our academy probably consists mostly of Galician players, many of whom are not from the city. It would be an incredible surprise to me if there wasn't a considerable amount of them who have been Celta fans their whole lives. I don't have anything against that, but why would such a kid have any more identification with the club than any other player? So the notion of "from the region = more identified" isn't really true, and less so if you count the many Madrid, Barca etc. fans who exist in Galicia too.
I also don't agree that loaned players can't be identified with the shirt they're wearing for one season, there have been many cases that prove the opposite. After all, they are young people who many times live away from home for the first time, are given a chance to be a protagonist in the top division and learn to know what it means to feel the love of the fans anywhere they go. If they didn't care about that club and city they would be pretty weird people.

Now, when I became a Depor fan the ONLY one who fulfilled that desired profile was Fran. But we had a team of which many players' names were synonymous with Depor, like Mauro, Valerón, Naybet etc. So to me playing for Depor for a long time is more of an indicator of identification than simply being from the region. However, that's something we can't offer right now because we have to build a team of loanees. So when you ask me about the character of the team right now, I agree that it lacks that aspect, although we do have some of it with JD, Álex, MP, Laure.
But sometimes I feel like you act as if we're loaning 10 players just for the fun of it. It's a necessity in order not to get relegated again and the club disappearing as a result, and if we're successful with it for a couple of years - THEN we can look to gradually be that kind of team again.
So the character I hope to see until then is precisely what you would probably call marketing slogans: young, hungry and talented.

EDIT: I forgot one of the most important aspects: we used to be famous in the world for our style of play. If we can get back to having an identity for the way we play, that would help enormously for the fans to be identified with the team on the pitch after all these years with Caparrós, Lotina and Vázquez.

Last edited by aldo : 10-08-2014 at 16:49.
Old 10-08-2014, 16:57   #416
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
We still trying to sign zuccilini?
No. He will stay at Man City
Old 10-08-2014, 21:31   #417
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
No. He will stay at Man City
In fact, he played against Arsenal today in the Community Shield game. Laid out Arsenal's goalie at one point.
Old 10-08-2014, 23:08   #418
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Viera refused to join Eibar from Valencia & according to Marca Depor is an option for him.

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/10/futb...407628366.html

Banega probably will leave i would be very happy if he joins us
Old 11-08-2014, 01:37   #419
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

when the mysterious attacker coming ?
Old 11-08-2014, 06:34   #420
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road