Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 14-02-2015, 20:00   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Feb-14-2015 | matchday 23 | 18h00 | Real Madrid 2 - Depor 0 | post-game thread

Goals by Isco & Benzema.
Happy with our performance.
Old 14-02-2015, 20:12   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

This is one of the few times I'm happy with a defeat. Despite the fact that we get no points, our performance was excellent, and I'm sure the players will get a morale boost out of it. Good stuff.

I'll be doing the player ratings tomorrow. Go ahead and vote for the Real Madrid game already!
Old 14-02-2015, 20:26   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I echo that, Greg. A performance to be proud of, despite the loss.
In the voting, I went for Cuenca as MOM, but Borges was immense also.
This is now, all of a sudden, a team in the truest sense of the word.
It took a couple of good winter signings (Borges and Riera) and the return of Lucas, but a lot of credit goes to the guy who I criticised a lot in the first round - VF. Keep it up, Mister!

Only one little gripe (I agree with Walex on this point) pity to see MP ducking his head out of the way of Isco's shot. But hey, I'm not gonna hold that against the Legend!!!

Back the last few games up with a win against Celta and it's all gravy!!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 22:30   #4
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

first big game since some signings and returns from injury and im begining to think we have a chance at staying up now.

Cuenca was really good today finally showing what he can do.
once no major injuries we will get some more points especially with lucas and celso. riera really unsettles defenders with his size too really forced a great save from casillas.

i really wish there was a place for haris. seemed like a calm and calculated player but reallu lacluster now. same with juan dominguez. i hope they can findform soon
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 22:50   #5
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good perfrmance from the lads

With Real level I am pretty sure that if sending and juan frankly were available at least we would have got out with a draw

I don't blame Lauren who had MR on his side , the team was good and focused , they threatened Real's goal in the first 15 minutes of the first and second half, I would have liked them to extend it but anyways they played, faught and tried

big thanks to the players and master mind VF

happy that the Señorita didn't score ,hahahaha
Old 14-02-2015, 23:43   #6
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

One big I told you so to all of you!

A newly promoted team with like 15 new players trying to develop a distinct style of play based on pressure and possession was always going to take time. I too at some point had doubts whether the coach could succeed with it but since the Copa games against Málaga there has been constant progress, although the intentions were always visible even before with the exception of Sevilla.

Because of all that and some very good games in the last weeks, for the first time in many years I actually looked forward to a game at Bernabeu, being quite sure I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't. We were even better than them in many aspects, individual quality alone is what gave them the edge.

I really hope we can somehow keep most of the players here and that VF extends his contract, it'd be a shame if this can't be the foundation for the next few years. Still, we're not saved yet and a lot can happen, but we have every reason to be confident.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 14:26   #7
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched the full 90 minutes... It was nice see Manny P at the back again once final time against the madridiots.

An early goal could have been interesting for us, it may have put pressure on RM after their 4-0 defeat. Alas, no goal and they slowly squeezed the game and scored when it mattered.

Onwards and upwards. The new signings are doing their job, the team is more confident now..

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 19:53   #8
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

very happy with the perfromance yesterday. i felt that we are a team finally playing like this vs the best team in the world with some important injuries. looking forward for the derby
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 22:24   #9
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Did not watch the match but by the comments I am reading it sounds like we played really well. Also I had to ask, did lopo again ask for a shirt swap from any of the RM players?
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 01:50   #10
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

watched the start of the second half on my break at work... Gotta say, I liked the way depor looked. Cuenca is starting to look like the player I hoped he'd be. I'd like to see him take a little more defensive responsibility... But There's definitely a visible improvement from the start of the season.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 08:07   #11
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Good game by the lads.
We put pressure and Lopo and Manny didn't have a lot of work. In the first goal we lacked intensity to follow up on the flipper, but can't blame Laure or Manny for the goal. Plenty of chances from our side, Cuenca reborn, still a bit to selfish and hasty but a greet boost to his confidence I am sure.
Borges is so cool, he makes a correct decision almost every time. I was also very impresed with Alex (I didn't see the Eibar game) and he is a new player now, very daring, maybe not all of the time he needs to push the ball forward, just as he didn't have to push the ball backweards before. But this duo is rocking our midfield. Finally Victor found the formula and I feel this could be very important toward permanence.

Benzema's second goal was pure class, he is still probably the most underestimated balerina.

Great job for Depor and no fear for the darby. Forza Depor