Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 05-06-2012, 14:46   #451
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

im now completely confused wht i said and you guys said but its ok, Barton is out there, trouble will keep on coming..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43   #452
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

I modern football!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ue-to-red.html
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20   #453
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenlj

Wow. Selling ones soul to the devil has rarely been so perfectly parabled. The dragon in the crest even look like satan.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45   #454
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
Wow. Selling ones soul to the devil has rarely been so perfectly parabled. The dragon in the crest even look like satan.

nice comment...

I'm close to quit this shitty sport...fishing might be interesting, anyone with fishing experience round here?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 18:29   #455
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

When you desperately offer your services in the hope that a buyer will be your saving grace, you automatically become subject to their whims. This is the cost of competing.

Looking at the bigger picture, this is capitalism permeating football, and there's not a thing fans will do about it. You'll sit in your seat, you'll watch the game, and you'll try your hardest to like it. If not, you can piss off and find another club or sport. That's essentially what United fans were told back in 2005.
Old 06-06-2012, 19:40   #456
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
When you desperately offer your services in the hope that a buyer will be your saving grace, you automatically become subject to their whims. This is the cost of competing.

Looking at the bigger picture, this is capitalism permeating football, and there's not a thing fans will do about it. You'll sit in your seat, you'll watch the game, and you'll try your hardest to like it. If not, you can piss off and find another club or sport. That's essentially what United fans were told back in 2005.

Well said.

When the owners purchased Cardiff City they should have realised the clubs potential and cut it's cloth accordingly. They are now losing around £1M per month.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 19:47   #457
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If not, you can piss off and find another club or sport.
Ok, but what if thousands and millions of supporters find another club? What is the business then for the owners?
In Hun I have watched this. I have seen the regular attendance going down from 20,000 per match to 2,000 and now football is no business in this country any more... Football-lovers like me left their Hun clubs for doubtful Spanish segu, sorry primera teams.

anyway football is no good business anywhere in the world.
Old 06-06-2012, 19:55   #458
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:

That's a nice comment Chris.

Well, Kalman, maybe in Hun they did bad business, but i'm sure that in financial terms there could be done profitable business...
In a case like Cardiff, they might lose amount A, from Wales fans, and profit amount 10xA from Asian fans.
EPL that use all these modern ways to finance football, haven't lost many fans actually...they may lost some purists, but they have won more in UK and mainly worldwide.
Old 06-06-2012, 21:07   #459
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
That's a nice comment Chris.

Well, Kalman, maybe in Hun they did bad business, but i'm sure that in financial terms there could be done profitable business...
In a case like Cardiff, they might lose amount A, from Wales fans, and profit amount 10xA from Asian fans.
EPL that use all these modern ways to finance football, haven't lost many fans actually...they may lost some purists, but they have won more in UK and mainly worldwide.

That's it, in a nutshell. The purists whine about everything, are impossible to please and, at least in England, rarely sports much merchandise anyway. Modern football care less and less about them.

But Kalman is correct in that it could very well lead to a downfall. The average age of season ticket holders (according to an article I read but cannot locate now) in EPL is now over 40, which means that an entire generation are lost from the stands and the allure of live football. This will be a problem when these 40-somethings voices are too sore for 90 minutes of chanting and singing, and those Asians who have grown to love the premier league for it's full stadiums and glorious atmosphere will start to wonder what the hell they are watching.

Last edited by Fabian : 06-06-2012 at 21:21.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:19   #460
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
and those Asians who have grown to love the premier league for it's full stadiums and glorious atmosphere will start to wonder what the hell they are watching.

jajaja

then future is bright again
Old 06-06-2012, 21:20   #461
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
jajaja

then future is bright again

Yup. Rip it up and start again.
Old 06-06-2012, 21:27   #462
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Ok, but what if thousands and millions of supporters find another club?

Short answer? They won't, because they've long subjected themselves to the unwholesomeness of football and unintentionally accepted it. We already live in a society that blunts individualism and requires submissiveness. Football is one aspect of society that merely took time to get in line.

FC United are a prime example of the potential that fans carry. Quite simply, though, they're walking into a headwind, as the majority are apathetic and neglectful. If you could find a way to instigate thousands and millions of people to become self-aware and act, I'd suggest that you write a book and live from the profits until the end of your days
Old 06-06-2012, 21:43   #463
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Short answer? They won't, because they've long subjected themselves to the unwholesomeness of football and unintentionally accepted it. We already live in a society that blunts individualism and requires submissiveness. Football is one aspect of society that merely took time to get in line.

FC United are a prime example of the potential that fans carry. Quite simply, though, they're walking into a headwind, as the majority are apathetic and neglectful. If you could find a way to instigate thousands and millions of people to become self-aware and act, I'd suggest that you write a book and live from the profits until the end of your days

But Man Utd was already a globally established brand byt the time dr Glazer decided to barge in. They have long since established a willing contingent of submissive consumers, and as long as the product (said with jest, but less so than yesteryear) stays world class this crop will remain more or less constant.

Cardiff on the other hand has always relied on the passion from the local populace (until now that is). The younger generation is more and more apathetic towards live football (and the atmosphere and supposed passion from the crowd has always been the main selling point for english football) and
I see a big risk that they will get totally alienated. The already smitten has little choice, they will kick and scream and wail but will always return to the dinner table. But I do foresee that it will get harder and harder to create new such fans when the actual reasons to dive head first in the bottomless pit that is football supportership becomes les and less. Why would any kid in Cardiff invest his time, money and emotions in a club that so obviously doesn't care either way? Because he sees his dad's hair line recede an inch anytime his club makes a "special announcment"?
Old 06-06-2012, 22:11   #464
Chris

With all due respect to our fans from far afield, I'm talking about the fans who the club has more of a direct impact upon i.e. those who attend matches. Those who broke away were a minority, whereas the potential was much greater, which is essentially what the green and gold campaign later exploited. It resurrected the discontent amongst fans, so we had a base, but it faded and died for greater reasons than the stability of the brand.

Anyway, I'm talking more generally here, and Cardiff in isolation won't change anything. Whatever action they take, it will be a drop in the ocean. Wimbledon went much further than Cardiff and relocated, but all that did was create another isolated incident of guerilla action.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:28   #465
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7798275/Martinez-has-faith-in-Lopez
hari is offline   Reply With Quote