Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

View Poll Results: Is this a must win game for Oltra?
Yes 11 52.38%
No 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-10-2012, 09:38   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default Must win game for Oltra?

Do you think this (Celta v Depor) is a must win game for Oltra? Just interested in doing a quick Yes or No poll.

For me, I think a draw is acceptable, so it's a No.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 10:19   #2
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Not quite sure what you mean. Is it a must win in terms of how a derby will effect the team going forward, a must win for the team to not delve to deep into the relegation zone or a must win for Oltra if he want to keep his job?

If it's the latter, which I suspect it is, the answer for me is a resounding no. Lendoiro, despite his megalomanic tendencies, has never been one to fire coaches prematurely (quite the opposite according to many who wasn't quite as infatuated with Lotina as me ) so I just dont see any way that he would fire Oltra. Not after eight games where four of them has been vs. Valencia, Barca, Real and Sevilla.
Old 25-10-2012, 12:34   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a derby, so these things are always unpredictable.

However, if we still don't manage to get at least 3 points out of 6 in the two games after this one, then I'd hope Lendoiro doesn't wait too long. It's true that we've had a tough schedule, but the fact is that we didn't leave a good image in the game against Rayo either. In fact, we stunk up the place. And our defense is getting more laughable every week. So yeah, I'd say things need to start picking up soon.

It's not like we can rest assured that things can get better. Oltra's teams have always been known for scoring many goals, and conceding a lot of goals. I'm starting to think Oltra doesn't have the capabilities to field a decent defense.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:38   #4
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
However, if we still don't manage to get at least 3 points out of 6 in the two games after this one, then I'd hope Lendoiro doesn't wait too long.

Looks like he needs to win the game on 4 Nov then, because the game after the derby is a cup match where we can't win any points
Old 25-10-2012, 12:44   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Looks like he needs to win the game on 4 Nov then, because the game after the derby is a cup match where we can't win any points
For all I care Mallorca beats us with 6-0 in the Copa, as long as we beat them in the league

Although I'd be a little disappointed if we were to get eliminated, considering we were drawn in the "easy" side of the cup.
Old 25-10-2012, 12:49   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Going back to the original question, I don't think it's a game that Oltra HAS to win. I think a draw will be satisfactory. Even though Lendoiro is usually pretty patient with his coaches, I expect the pressure to start building up if we were to lose this derby and it could be the start of a slippery slope.

So imo, this is more a "must not lose" than a "must win".
Old 25-10-2012, 13:37   #7
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

a draw is fine for me as well. we can win this game it will be great for the fans & to get us out if relegation positions
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 14:48   #8
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Am I the only one who voted must win?
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 15:07   #9
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And our defense is getting more laughable every week.
I don't think it is Oltra who told/taught Evaldo to attack the ball from the wrong side. The team including the defense is collected by the magician President (with the genial help of that Mendes guy), this is what Oltra or a possible new coach can have here.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:09   #10
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I don't think it is Oltra who told/taught Evaldo to attack the ball from the wrong side. The team including the defense is collected by the magician President (with the genial help of that Mendes guy), this is what Oltra or a possible new coach can have here.
Disagree. There's often too much space between our lines and not enough connection to the midfield. That's a tactical choice. Against Barca our defense failed collectively, Barca's goals weren't a result of individual mistakes. We were a man short in front of defense and that allowed Messi to run riot, which also resulted in us being disconnected in attack. He needed to pull Pizzi back sooner, and as much as it pains me to say, Valeron should never have started the game.

That's why I didn't like the game against Barca. Depor was a disaster, especially Oltra's tactics. I don't even think it was an exciting game. The only thing that prevented a 0-8, was pure luck imo. 3 gifts by the referee, and Valdes making one mistake after the other. The fact that Oltra claimed he had a plan, made this mess even more embarrassing. It's nice to see us score 4 times against Barca, but I really didn't see anything that particularly hopeful, aside from the fact that this could indeed be a mental boost, even though it was just a fluke in my opinion.

Last edited by deporiginal : 25-10-2012 at 22:13.
Old 25-10-2012, 23:21   #11
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

The weak defense is Oltras fault. He plays an open game with no much support from the midfield to the defense. It's not Evaldo's fault, we conceited 45 goals last season in segunda, probably we were the worst defense of the top seven .. and that was segunda!

in his defense, tactically he did all he can against Barca, there is no stopping to Messi, not with the quality we have!

Is this a must win for Oltra? I see him getting sacked in December if not in the summer! Yes, it's a must win to keep his job until the end of the season! Although it's a tough game and wouldn't be surprised if the team lost!
Old 26-10-2012, 05:30   #12
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Oltra will likely finish the season. I've yet to see Lendoiro fire a coach midway through a season.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 08:38   #13
tsapa
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tsapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to tsapa

Absolutely must win!
Old 26-10-2012, 08:55   #14
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Oltra will stay, it doesn't matter if we win or no he will be the coach at least to the end of the season
Old 26-10-2012, 09:52   #15
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The only thing that prevented a 0-8, was pure luck imo. 3 gifts by the referee, and Valdes making one mistake after the other.
I absolutely agree with this.
About stopping Messi and co., I am with Sultan, almost nobody can stop them in the world, and then do you want us to do it?
Valeron was on the pitch to hold the ball for some seconds on the midfield, far from our goal, it is clear, he is the only one who is able to do it (but of course not against Barca). We have no quality defensive midfielders on the benchto reduce Barca's ball possesion (maybe 2-3 teams have in the world), so defensively it is the same if we play with Valeron or Andre Santos/JuanDo.