Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 29-05-2007, 09:58   #1
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rivalry: Real Madrid CF

This season’s edition of Real Madrid – Deportivo, on 26 May 2007, didn’t have much at stake for the Galicians. The home team desperately needed the points in their fight for a title, while Depor knew that a mid-table position was all that the season would deliver. Our it could have been 300.000 Euro which was said to have been the players’ bonus, probably coming from Catalunya.

But once again the team, and its supporters, left the Bernabéu disappointed partly because of another referee mistake. In the season 2006/2007 Depor has many, many troubles scoring goals themselves. So it was extra hard when, after a balanced first thirty minutes, Real Madrid were suddenly leading 1-0. There’s no doubt that Madrid striker Van Nistelrooy, like a professional volleyball player, slammed the ball towards Sergio Ramos. It wouldn’t even have been a problem if Arizmendi, who was close to the incident, just had cleared the ball after it. But he stopped playing, like all Depor players did, because the incident was too obvious. To the surprise of all, including Sergio Ramos, the referee didn’t intervene. Obviously ashamed, Van Nistelrooy silenty joined the Madrid players celebrating. After the match he admitted that he had committed the foul.

Ex-Barcelona coach Johan Cruyff looked at the incident from a Barcelona-view: “This wasn’t an incident, because Van Nistelrooy reached out his arm and so did this on purpose. But it’s not just only the goal which was allowed from this play. Using one’s arm means receiving a yellow card. And that would have meant a suspension for Van Nistelrooy for the match at Zaragoza”.

From Depor’s point of view, as mentioned, the incident will probably go into history silently. But it did feed the rivalry with Real Madrid even more.

This incident reminded me of another favour, two favours to be exact, Madrid were given during the season 2003/2004. Back then there was much more at stake for Depor. That season the team played their famous Milan match (4-1) and almost made it into the Champions League final. In the Liga, the team eventually finished at only six points of champions Valencia and at just one point of second-placed Barcelona. Second place means Champions league entry while third place means play-off matches for this tournament. So, points that season were much more valuable to Depor than in the season 2006/2007.

Months earlier, in December 2003, the match at the Bernabéu was scheduled. Madrid were leaders and Deportivo were situated at just three points of them. So, a Galician win would have given them first position. Again, their was controversy after 30 minutes. Depor were threatening already when Albert Luque scored a goal. A perfect legal goal as was concluded by TV-images. But no, this psychological important first goal was cancelled by the referee because of ‘offside’. Contrary to the 2007 match, this match even got worse. Ronaldo was in a clear offside position when Madrid set up an attack. It’s a rule that a player in offside position cannot take advantage of it. Ronaldo did, by scoring 1-0. He took advantage of his illegal position. So, instead of 0-1 it was 1-0 just before the break.

Eventually, Pandiani scored the equalizer after 64 minutes and Deportivo were dominating the match until the end, until Raúl scored the winner with just five minutes remaining.

Last edited by Leon : 29-05-2007 at 10:02.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 10:27   #2
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry Leon if this is off-topic a bit, but Johan Cruyff... He is the main reason of my Barca-hate... He's the most overrated coach ever to have such a high impression of himself. His "succes" at Barca was hardly a succes and could easily have looked VERY different if Real didnt loose twice on the last matchday against small Tenerife, and of course Djukic' penalty for Depor. How he would have looked like with 1 title??
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 10:42   #3
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

That's very off-topic indeed!
I have opened a Barcelona-topic too...

I only quoted Cruyff here because it's an interesting aspect he mentions.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 11:22   #4
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya I Remember thatvwatch very well like if its Now

I think the refrees in Spain Under alot of preasure

its known thats Spainish refree is the worst locally and the best when it comes abroad !!! something strange
Old 29-05-2007, 11:38   #5
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
its known thats Spainish refree is the worst locally and the best when it comes abroad !!! something strange

Not really. They normally make "mistakes" in favour of RM... when they're abroad there's no RM so they don't make the same mistakes...
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 14:06   #6
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Let's use this thread to talk about this 'crappy' team

Latest news: Schuster sacked from Real Madrid
Just four days before the visit to Barca!

Juande Ramos will replace him since this afternoon.
Another Tottenham history?
Old 09-12-2008, 14:15   #7
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Let's see. It'll be very interesting to see what happens on Saturday at Camp Nou.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 15:02   #8
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

It was expected. 2 days before he declared that there is no way to beat Barca, so what's the point in keeping a coach who declare in public "i can't"?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 15:42   #9
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

good move. His declaration before the match with barca had a too high Caparros-level.

But im not sure at all that Ramos is a good move...
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 15:42   #10
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
It was expected. 2 days before he declared that there is no way to beat Barca, so what's the point in keeping a coach who declare in public "i can't"?
Of course he didn't mean that, it was just a "mind game" (and a pretty poor one at that ). I think it was Casillas who said afterwards that Schuster told the players they could of course beat Barca.
Old 09-12-2008, 17:47   #11
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

the declaration was quite unlike Caparros, who told it 'cos of his love towards Sevilla.. Schuster was concerned abt his teams current level.. besides, never give too much attention to wht these coaches says in public..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 18:32   #12
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
the declaration was quite unlike Caparros, who told it 'cos of his love towards Sevilla.. .
who knows? Schuster has a season ticket in the Camp Nou
Old 09-12-2008, 19:13   #13
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

bad move.. very bad move, Real will continue going down , I guarntee that.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 19:16   #14
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
bad move.. very bad move, Real will continue going down , I guarntee that.
Why? Schuster has never been the right coach for Real. In fact, I think a lot of his tactical decisions were dubious to say the least.

Real always fires their coaches so fast, but this time they should've fired him much faster.
Old 09-12-2008, 20:33   #15
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

JR is much better than Schuster IMO...