Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 31-10-2007, 00:39   #1
jcpaez

jcpaez is on a distinguished road
Default World Cup 2014 (Brazil)

It was confirmed today that Brasil to host 2014 World Cup. News comes from Zurich today the 30th of October 2007.
Brasil hast not hosted since 1950, in 2014 it will be 64 years of it's last hosting. The FIFA's unanimous decision to allow Brasil the responsibility to host was declared by Joseph Blatter this morining. In that statement Joseph Blatter handed the cup to the Persident of Brasil Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva ( what a cool name, We'll call him LULA for short ). This was also confirmed by the President of the Brasilean Confederation of Futbol Ricardo Teixiera.
This is great news for us in the American continent. This will give us a better opportunity to go and see our USA team play.
jcpaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 08:25   #2
AP
Veteran

Peña Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

I'm starting to set some money apart to see it!
Old 31-10-2007, 15:22   #3
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Congrats to Brazil. Hope for a good tournament...
Old 31-07-2011, 00:39   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe someone could change the title of this topic or something? I didn't think it was necessary to create a new topic about this.

Quite satisfied with Belgium's draw. I was afraid we'd be getting a very tough draw yet again, after we were put in the same group as Scotland. And with Wales we drew one of the trickier teams of pot 6. But in the end, we can't complain since we avoided all the big countries. Group A should be one of the more interesting groups, in the sense that there are 4 teams that are almost equally capable of qualifying. And since there isn't a team that stands out, Belgium (and Serbia, Croatia and Scotland too of course) even has a chance to qualify directly for the WC, which would've been practically impossible in a group with Spain/Germany/England/...
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 15:30   #5
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

after the Draw i can dream for the 1st time to see Jordan playing in the world cup

3rd round of qualification : China, Jordan, Iraq & Singapore... the 1st 2 teams goes to the 4th & final round. i feel good about this draw no Japan or south korea..
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 20:05   #6
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

We have to face Costa Rica and Mexico to reach the final round
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52   #7
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

How many goes through Carlos?

Vladan, do you go to Zágreb for the friendly atmosphere away match?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22   #8
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Maybe someone could change the title of this topic or something? I didn't think it was necessary to create a new topic about this.

Quite satisfied with Belgium's draw. I was afraid we'd be getting a very tough draw yet again, after we were put in the same group as Scotland. And with Wales we drew one of the trickier teams of pot 6. But in the end, we can't complain since we avoided all the big countries. Group A should be one of the more interesting groups, in the sense that there are 4 teams that are almost equally capable of qualifying. And since there isn't a team that stands out, Belgium (and Serbia, Croatia and Scotland too of course) even has a chance to qualify directly for the WC, which would've been practically impossible in a group with Spain/Germany/England/...

wow, i think you're in the hardest group of all! It would be typically Belgian to already start underestimating the others cause their names are not 'spain' or 'germany'. You mentioned 'england' with it; be sure that you had more chances against england than you have against either kroatia or serbia! (both go through, you wont)
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
How many goes through Carlos?
We first have to play the second round with two little Caribbean islands and Domican Republic; the first place goes through and will surely be our team. Then, in the third round, we will meet Mexico, Costa Rica, which are already the fixed places on this group, and probably T&T.

The best two teams advance to the final round, which is a group with six teams.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 13:29   #10
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia were able to change continents Carlos, so maybe you should ask to change to Oceania in their place. You'll still have to play a playoff but you should be able to challenge for honours with New Zealand for continental champions
Old 01-08-2011, 13:36   #11
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
We first have to play the second round with two little Caribbean islands and Domican Republic; the first place goes through and will surely be our team. Then, in the third round, we will meet Mexico, Costa Rica, which are already the fixed places on this group, and probably T&T.

The best two teams advance to the final round, which is a group with six teams.
this is really tough. take Rik's idea
Old 01-08-2011, 14:44   #12
vlada

vlada is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Vladan, do you go to Zágreb for the friendly atmosphere away match?

Nice try, LOL! BTW, I'm not satisfied with our group at all - tough rivals, Wales from pot 6??? Blah...
Old 01-08-2011, 15:19   #13
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

Not easy for SRB, really.
Our Romanian "friends", namely Dumitru Dragomir, the President of Rom FA promises Huns hell in Bucharest.
Old 01-08-2011, 17:31   #14
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
wow, i think you're in the hardest group of all! It would be typically Belgian to already start underestimating the others cause their names are not 'spain' or 'germany'. You mentioned 'england' with it; be sure that you had more chances against england than you have against either kroatia or serbia! (both go through, you wont)
When did I underestimate this group? I said the top 4 teams have equal chances of qualifying. That means we just as well could finish fourth. And the hardest group of all? Come on, get real. Croatia and Serbia aren't the same teams from years ago. I don't mean to say Belgium is better than them at this point, but they're not out of our league anymore. We're equally strong. Besides, the progress Belgium has made over the past year is immense, and taking in mind that a lot of our players are moving to big clubs, we'll only be getting better, and more mature. Again, I'm not saying we're going to win this group. I'm saying is that we have just as big of a chance as Croatia and Serbia to win it.

Hell, several years ago, when Belgium was terrible and when Serbia had an even stronger team, we managed to beat them at home. That doesn't mean we'll beat them again this time, but it means we can certainly do it again.

And yes, it's important that we avoided Spain, England,... Even if you were to get a win against these teams, they still won't drop much points against the others, and they'll still end up winning the group. And yes, England is a lot tougher than Croatia and Serbia.

Besides, several betting companies have Belgium listed as the favorite to win this group. I don't think Belgium is favorite, but I do believe we have an equal chance, and there are many, many experts who share this opinion.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 19:29   #15
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
after the Draw i can dream for the 1st time to see Jordan playing in the world cup

3rd round of qualification : China, Jordan, Iraq & Singapore... the 1st 2 teams goes to the 4th & final round. i feel good about this draw no Japan or south korea..

you're in the easier group while we're in the toughest group!! both our team rated B lol that's not fair specially that China is rated A instead of us just because we got our asses kicked in the last Asian tournament due to curruption in our federation that allowed shitty players to be starters in the team!!

We got Australia, Oman and Thailand!!

That's why this shithead Bin Hammam got suspended!! look at Japan and Koreas groups!! and look how China got to be rated A as a group head!

P.S: All of that said and I'm still not supporting our national team because of the curruption even though they fired some of them and made some compromises but I will still wait and see what Frank Rijkaard is gonna do, if I see the national team clear of the lazy names I might support it ..

Last edited by Sultan : 01-08-2011 at 19:33.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote