Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 14-01-2008, 14:08   #31
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i dont know if he's a solution for our immediate problems..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 14:12   #32
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

This player isn't the solution. I ain't saying he's bad, but he's to young. We need somebody with experience, somebody that would add 10-15 goals for the rest of the season.
Old 14-01-2008, 14:13   #33
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

It's true that in January 2007 River Plate signed Marco Rubén, Villagra and Ojeda for a total of €8 million from Rosario. Marco Rubén replaced Higuain who had signed at Real Madrid.

He’s barely 21 and seems to be very quick. But at the same time his goals in 2007 (a total of 7) aren’t that impressive. It doesn’t seem that he has really convinced at River Plate, who are willing to loan/sell him it seems after getting Abreu.

The guy must be talented if big European clubs were after him. But if he’s going to be the only striker filling up the vacancies, we’re really in trouble. He would certainly be worth the effort if we had 6 points more by now, but for now it's too risky.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 14:21   #34
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

that was my feeling, but then who? who has the needed capacity and experience, is very expensive, and there are some doubtful options...
I know, time is ticking, but will there be any Depor's scouts at African cup?

Last edited by DepHun : 14-01-2008 at 14:25.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 14:40   #35
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Yes we have, but it's to sign young promises for Fabril, not to catch Drogba or any big star.
Old 14-01-2008, 14:50   #36
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

I just read it, The deal is done, but both parts just have to decide the amount of the buyout option. The amount of this clause will be decided today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
It's true that in January 2007 River Plate signed Marco Rubén, Villagra and Ojeda for a total of €8 million from Rosario. Marco Rubén replaced Higuain who had signed at Real Madrid.
I solved this Leon, you are right, what happended is that River had financial troubles and they sold the 50% of the rights in $2.5 million. That's why River is pushing in order to put a high buyout clause, that's the obstacle stopping the deal fro the moment.
Old 14-01-2008, 14:50   #37
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

this is my biggest problem for the last transfer seasons. Lendoiro should notice that there are players between superstars and Fabril (segunda B) level... Actually there is a lot of... Lendo discards the superstars for understandable reasons, but I hate this Fabril signings...
Old 14-01-2008, 14:57   #38
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

IMO he has more level than a Fabril signing.. starting 20 matches for a club like River, at such a young age of 19 or 20, is a proof that he is not at a Fabril level..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 15:07   #39
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Ok, this is getting serious. Sure, he has much more class than being a player for the Spanish Segunda B (where Deportivo B are). And any Spanish Segunda A team would probably sign him with their eyes closed.

He also might already be able to survive in Primera. But is he already above average level for Primera? Because that's what we need...

Or is Lendoiro surprising us all? Could Ruben be the backup in case an even bigger signing fails? So that we won't end up empty-handed in any case? That we have 2 more weeks to sign someone else?

Anyway, Ruben seems usefull for Depor's future. But I really not hope that he's the only striker we're signing. I don't think he's that much better as Xisco, our own Ruben, Adrian etc.

Last edited by Leon : 14-01-2008 at 15:09.
Old 14-01-2008, 15:27   #40
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

sorry you misunderstand me, I made my comment after Carlos's info about African Cup players, not on Ruben...
although he was 21, when playing for River...
Old 14-01-2008, 15:42   #41
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

I would be satisfied with Ruben if, next to Geovanni, we would sign someone else who can create goals or score them. I think that a player like Ruben or Xisco can score enough goals with a creativy line like Guardado/Valeron (or the new playmaker)/Geovanni.
Old 14-01-2008, 16:53   #42
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

Iv seen some clips from youtube. I really like what I see. He will do great here. Bring him over.
Old 14-01-2008, 16:55   #43
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Yeah, and make his buyout clause as cheap as possible. I have pretty good feelings about him.
Old 14-01-2008, 17:30   #44
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
This player isn't the solution. I ain't saying he's bad, but he's to young. We need somebody with experience, somebody that would add 10-15 goals for the rest of the season.

Exactly my thoughts. But it is hard to find that kind of player.
Quote:

He’s barely 21 and seems to be very quick. But at the same time his goals in 2007 (a total of 7) aren’t that impressive. It doesn’t seem that he has really convinced at River Plate, who are willing to loan/sell him it seems after getting Abreu.

To be honest I think Higuain is a cr*p. He was just wasting money from RM.
And that seven goals aren't impressive at all.
Quote:
I don't think he's that much better as Xisco, our own Ruben, Adrian etc.

That's what I was thinking. This is very risky signing, if we already made a deal with River. And I hope that if we signed him we will sign another striker, because he isn't solution for us at all.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 18:57   #45
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

I forgot to wrote it, he played in the opening game of Torneo Clausura 2008: River Plate 1 - Independiente 1 (Saturday). He played the whole game and had a note of five according to the fans, he was lost on the pitch and didn't receive too many balls. It sounds familiar, isn't?