Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:56   #16
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Depor should win this match, Feyenoord has been quite bad this season. Especially at the back they haven't been really stable.

Recently Feyenoord is playing better, scoring a lot of goals. Wijnaldum is a very talented attacker who has been in the spotlight this season. I think El Ahmadi is a great player, it's no coincidence that Feyenoord is playing better since his return. And ofcourse they have Makaay, not the youngest anymore but we all know his sniper skills .
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_9mUy2NrFjA
Check his goal (three days ago) at 08.10
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43   #17
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by javientes
Depor should win this match, Feyenoord has been quite bad this season. Especially at the back they haven't been really stable.

Recently Feyenoord is playing better, scoring a lot of goals. Wijnaldum is a very talented attacker who has been in the spotlight this season. I think El Ahmadi is a great player, it's no coincidence that Feyenoord is playing better since his return. And ofcourse they have Makaay, not the youngest anymore but we all know his sniper skills .
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_9mUy2NrFjA
Check his goal (three days ago) at 08.10
Makaay is awful nowadays, don't think we have to worry much about him lol. Seeing what he has missed this season (I just saw what he missed against CSKA ), our defense should really be able to stop him. He used to be good, but now he couldn't make a goal even if the goal was a rainbow.
Old 19-11-2008, 15:33   #18
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

Damn, I was looking forward to this game but can't go finally as I have to work till 10 p.m. ...
Old 19-11-2008, 16:18   #19
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you'll have a bad cold that day. Trust me, I'm a doctor
Old 19-11-2008, 16:44   #20
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I think you'll have a bad cold that day. Trust me, I'm a doctor

More then a doctor, you seem to be divine. Hehe.
Old 19-11-2008, 18:02   #21
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Goddammit, they showed both of Feyenoord's games of the group phase, but now suddenly they'll broadcast bloody Ajax and NEC. I knew this would happen It's like everyone in the Benelux agreed never to broadcast Depor unless we play Barca or Real. And even then they don't always show us. Morons.
Old 19-11-2008, 19:13   #22
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Goddammit, they showed both of Feyenoord's games of the group phase, but now suddenly they'll broadcast bloody Ajax and NEC. I knew this would happen It's like everyone in the Benelux agreed never to broadcast Depor unless we play Barca or Real. And even then they don't always show us. Morons.
I can't believe it, they show here Portsmouth - Milan and HSV - Ajax at two different canals at the same hour as ours game instead of showing people how does the next Lech rivals play
Old 24-11-2008, 18:08   #23
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

This match is not really 'alive' at the forum although a defeat will very probably finish all options of Deportivo.

As far as I know, Feyenoord will be without the following players:

Greene, Vlaar, Landzaat, Mols, Bisewar, Tomasson and Buijs.

De Guzman, Makaay and Hofland seem fit. Together with Timmer, Van Bronckhorst, Lucius, De Cler and Wijnaldum they are Feyenoord's best-known players.
Old 24-11-2008, 18:29   #24
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

I fear that we might be surprised by this Feyenoord. After their terrible start of the season, they've now picked up their pace, and gained 10 points out of the last 12, their last two games ending with 0-4 and 5-2 wins.
If we look at their squad, they still have several players that could make a difference.

If this is our easiest game in the group, and a must-win, we really need to play up to our best, and at least be at the same level as against athl.
Old 24-11-2008, 20:01   #25
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenlj
I fear that we might be surprised by this Feyenoord. After their terrible start of the season, they've now picked up their pace, and gained 10 points out of the last 12, their last two games ending with 0-4 and 5-2 wins.
If we look at their squad, they still have several players that could make a difference.

If this is our easiest game in the group, and a must-win, we really need to play up to our best, and at least be at the same level as against athl.

I agree. However, with the amount of chances we created against Athletic we should have won more convincingly. Teams in the Uefa Cup should offer more quality than Bilbao. I fear, we will be punished against better opposition.

Yes, we need to be at that same level as on Sunday, but we require a killer instinct in front of goal.
Old 24-11-2008, 20:38   #26
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's going to be tight but we should have enough quality to get past an average Feyenoord side. At times this season we have struggled to create openings but last night the final ball ws much better, the chances were frequent and we probably should have scored at least 4.
Old 24-11-2008, 21:17   #27
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I think you are despising our Depor. We can win this one
Old 24-11-2008, 21:17   #28
Dalle La Coruna

Dalle La Coruna is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Dalle La Coruna

our defender will have the problem with jon dahl he is a great player!! 1 chance 1 goal
Old 24-11-2008, 21:18   #29
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalle La Coruna
our defender will have the problem with jon dahl he is a great player!! 1 chance 1 goal
Out of the game due an injury
Old 24-11-2008, 22:05   #30
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

First of all, let's make this clear. If we lose this, or if we deserve to lose this, it's a disgrace. Feyenoord's results may have been pretty good the past three weeks, but their performances were still average. On top of that, Timmer sucks donkey balls so we should try and take advantage of that. If we play against Feyenoord like we played against Bilbao, it could easily be 4-0. Of course, you never know with what attitude our players will start the game. But if we play with the right attitude, Feyenoord shouldn't be a problem. I'm not overrating us or underrating them, I'm just saying what I think. And Feyenoord really isn't that good.