Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 20-10-2013, 12:58   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA: 20-10-2013 | 12h00 | matchday 10 | Depor 1 - Zaragoza 1 |post-match

Culio saves our bacon with an injury-time free kick. Best I've seen in a while too!

Last edited by Rack : 21-10-2013 at 09:21.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 13:09   #2
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

While I'm happy with that fantastic last-minute free-kick, it has to be said that we were once again completely clueless going forward. It doesn't seem like anyone knows where their teammate is going to run, there's no plan whatsoever in building attacking plays. It was extremely rare that there was more than one option for a player to pass to, provided he even had one. Anytime we're even remotely dangerous it's either through an individual play (mostly Rudy) or some kind of coincidence or mistake by the opponent. That's how you end up with 2 goals in 5 home games. It can't be the quality of our players, there are teams in the league with very humble squads who score with ease. Having the best defense of the league still leaves us up there in a good position but you just don't win promotions with less than one goal per match and being incapable of winning at home.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 13:36   #3
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Why do we always play so early?
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 13:59   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

1- can't defend set pieces.

2- can't create any scoring chances.

3- no tactics what so ever.
Old 20-10-2013, 14:13   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
1- can't defend set pieces.

2- can't create any scoring chances.

3- no tactics what so ever.
Did you watch the same game? We actually played pretty well against a very defensive and decent opponent. We had a number of chances to score. A significant improvement. That we're once again conceding on a set piece is frustrating, but I'm satisfied after what I've seen today. A win would've been nice, but we're definitely improving.

Friggin' terrible referee as well.

Alex is still doing pretty well in defense, but the problem is that his passing is horrendous at times. I hope to see Marchena there soon. He's great at clearing away the ball and immediately launching a counter attack.

Last edited by deporiginal : 20-10-2013 at 14:23.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 14:52   #6
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Nice game, but we are dropping too many points at home
Old 20-10-2013, 15:08   #7
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Nice game, but we are dropping too many points at home
Indeed, only one win at home!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 18:21   #8
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Did you watch the same game? We actually played pretty well against a very defensive and decent opponent. We had a number of chances to score. A significant improvement. That we're once again conceding on a set piece is frustrating, but I'm satisfied after what I've seen today. A win would've been nice, but we're definitely improving.

Friggin' terrible referee as well.

Alex is still doing pretty well in defense, but the problem is that his passing is horrendous at times. I hope to see Marchena there soon. He's great at clearing away the ball and immediately launching a counter attack.

Hehe Greg!

To answer the main question: yes I did watch the same game, I disagree with you and yet I understand why you're saying this, its because of the last impression that lasted, the last 20 minutes with only a couple of chance.

If you read the the match review in the news section, you'd think I wrote it, it has more details:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n...cid=5533&ctg=4

I still think the team is doing great in everything except play making and creating chance, Borja is doing excellent with the little het gets, he's 3 goals away from becoming top scorer!
Old 20-10-2013, 20:37   #9
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

how can we win if all the team that come and play at riazor alwasy defend so hard
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 21:10   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

can't understand whats going on usually we win at home and lost away from home, this year is absolutely the opposite. we need this dropped points because what i understand the last years is that every points is so important especially when we fight for something. now we win our games away from home but its not gonna be all season long so better to get used to win at home or we are not gonna be fine. also why marchena was out of the list?
Old 20-10-2013, 21:42   #11
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

http://youtu.be/BLbbwSl9WJ0
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 01:15   #12
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I could only arrive to the end of 1st half, for work. But for what I saw (2nd half), and also for what I heard on the radio and some people at the stadium about the 1st half, it seems this probably was our best match at the Riazor this season.

We dominated completely the game in the 2nd half, had the ball posession, and created more danger than in other matches, although we missed accuracy in the last meters, where we failed some passes, crosses and shots. Zaragoza scored a goal practically in their only chance in 2nf half. 1 or 2 minutes later, Luisinho saw the 2nd yellow and we played with 10 the last minutes. Fortunately, we continued pushing, and finally could get a deserved goal in the last minute, thanks to a fantastic free kick executed by Culio.

Looking to the match statistics, it also looks clear that we improved, comparing with previous games. We dominated more and had more chances than our rival: Ball possession (59% - 41%); Attempts to score (8 – 2); Total shots (14 - 5);

Btw, the ref was horrible, as usual. If the level of refs in Primera is bad, in Segunda is simply terrible.

HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRdmHnA9gg

Links to download the full match: http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...oza-20-10-2013
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 09:34   #13
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Zaragoza were never dangerous, except in set-pieces. And again, we conceded to a corner with nobody guarding the posts. This seems to be a widespread thing in Spain, so I'm not picking on FV here. But, when you are susceptible to set-pieces, do something (different) about it.

I thought Luisinho was having a pretty good game before he got sent off for a stupid tackle.

And what's with FV getting sent to the stands again? That's unacceptable from our manager - he needs to keep his cool and bite his lip in order to stay in the technical area.

I'd give Rudy a free role as playmaker and let him cause havoc in central areas. He can't cross, so there's no point in leaving him out on the wing.

Yes, we were better than Zaragoza, but the bottom line is we failed to secure 3 points at home again.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 10:35   #14
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt get to watch the game, but have read several reviews.
It seems like Culio and JuanDo did not work well together, lack of understanding, which obviously affected the distribution to our offensive players.
I think Marchena & Nunez could be important for us in the coming months, 2 experienced players who have quality and composure.
Wilk is also playing at a good level, and Borja is adding to his goal tally which is positive.
I guess FV should give Rudy a couple of games behind Borja to see how he gets on, if that does not work then Juan Carlos should be given a few games in that position. A real shame about Luisinho, we need this guy to be playing every week.
Old 21-10-2013, 11:10   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree about Núñez. He should certainly start instead of Arizmendi next week.