Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2016, 12:37   #1
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Question General evolution (2016/2017)

We start the season on 19th August at Riazor against Eibar.. closes the season at home against Las Palmas

23/Oct/2016: RC Celta Vs. Deportivo (Matchday 09)

26/Mar/2017: Deportivo Vs. RC Celta (Matchday 28)

Last edited by deporik : 05-08-2016 at 13:41.
Old 18-07-2016, 16:29   #2
hari

Peña Member

I am really impressed with how well Tino and his team have worked this transfer windows.. We have the squad around 80% complete.. On top of that the exits and loan out of players are also done well ahead.. Good job!!
Old 18-07-2016, 16:39   #3
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

True that Lendoiro wouldnt have even started by now, but i won't cry victory too soon yet.
Lucas still could leave, and I think we didnt improve in two important area's: GK and midfield.
Old 18-07-2016, 17:01   #4
hari

Peña Member

i am not saying that we have made all top signings or that this is the best administration... but it is refreshing to see us moving so early in the market after seeing the final few years of Lendoiro...
Old 19-07-2016, 01:33   #5
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
True that Lendoiro wouldnt have even started by now, but i won't cry victory too soon yet.
Lucas still could leave, and I think we didnt improve in two important area's: GK and midfield.

GK, true we didn't impress but hopefully the new inscribed GK will prove us wrong, really wanted Fabri to continue but this is football.

In terms of wingers, until now we brought good but don't know if they are good enough!
Old 19-07-2016, 07:27   #6
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We had Lux, Pletikosa and Manu last year.
We have Lux, Tyton and Ruben this year...for me there is an improvment.
Old 19-07-2016, 10:17   #7
depooor
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
We had Lux, Pletikosa and Manu last year.
We have Lux, Tyton and Ruben this year...for me there is an improvment.

We had Fabri which was a better option thab the recent three but wss injuried
Old 21-07-2016, 11:14   #8
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

when fabri became the starting keeping he wasn't a sought-after top player by everyone. he didn't even do so well in his first few chances.

the new GKs can do well once they get a chance to settle.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:34   #9
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

Subscribes of @RCDeportivo to August 4:

2015: 17,923
2016: 21,767

Good to see numbers like this. Squad is looking really good. We are signing players, not just getting them on loan. We are trying to keep key players like Mosquera, Sidnei, Lucas. Things are changing with Tino. It looks like we are on the right track.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:31   #10
hari

Peña Member

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/08/...rging-talents/
Old 06-08-2016, 22:25   #11
DeporDK
Almost Regular

DeporDK is on a distinguished road

It is always hard to predict our lineup from the pre-season, but is there anyone who has followed the friendlies well that have a qualified guess?
Old 07-08-2016, 19:37   #12
depooor
Peña Member

SOME players look like will be starters :

Lux, Sidnie, Juanfran, Mosquera, Emere, Gama and lucas

the rest ( 4 ) players are big question
Old 07-08-2016, 20:24   #13
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
SOME players look like will be starters :

Lux, Sidnie, Juanfran, Mosquera, Emere, Gama and lucas

the rest ( 4 ) players are big question

I think we can add Navarro as a starter LB and Borges next to Mosquera....
seems that Garitano would prefer Albentosa more than Arribas....and Fajr will be most of the time on the bench....still need to see if will try to play with lucas and andone at the same time...and if riera leaves we need a new striker
Old 14-08-2016, 11:42   #14
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at our squad compared to last years:

GK: Lux, Tyton, Ruben.

Last year only Lux was with us, also Manu and Pletikosa and an injured Fabri. I think we are well covered; Lux is a good player, Tyton is close to national team coming from Bundesliga and Ruben a local experieced keeper. Last year Manu and partly Pletikosa disapointed and the two better ones were injured. Now we are in a better position.

RB: Juanfran, Laure

The same as last year, only Manny is missing as a thrid option. Juanfran has gained one more year at Primera and we can always count on Laures fight.

LB: Navarro, Luisinho

The lineup is the same. Navarro showed class, but can not keep pace for the whole season. Saul is loaned and Luisinho a back up - a player with proven quality, but with characteristic problems to put it midly. How will that effct us? There is no alternative for the left back in the squad, so we remain worried.

CB: Sidnei, Arribas, Albertosa

Sidnei and Arribas were backbones of last year, especially Sidnei was essential to our game. Albertosa is a new edition that brings quality. Compared to last years edition with Lopo, I think we are in a better position. The problem might be the 4th CB? Insua and Rober are sent on loan, Navarro is an option, but that leaves us with Luisinho alone on the left back. Alex can help, maybe Monsalve from Fabril.
The quality is better then last year, but there is a question of quantity.

CM,DM - Mosquera, Borges, Alex, Guilherme

Proven duo was Mosquera, Borges from last year. Also Alex was great when given a chance. Guilherme recplaces JuanDo as a better solution atm., with JD given another chance to wake himself up in Segunda. Medunjanin also didn't fit in last year. We have 4 solid players now and no worries for the spot. Also Fajr and Colak can play there if a more offensive set up is needed. Great work by the managment.

Strikers, forwards: Lucas, Andone, Moreno, Valle

Lucas is staying. That is very, very important for us. Andone is replacing Jonathan, a real quality upgrade. Moreno is hopefully replacing Luis Alberto and Valle as an incomplete replacment for Riera (not a striker). Riera and Jonathan didn't bring much to us last year, but they were real stikers. This year we have only 2 real strikers. I can't see Moreno playing as a sole striker, but we will have to wait and see. Andone hopefully brings goals and can be the sole striker if Lucas is injured or booked, he posses quality to do so. I am only affraid there isn't a real striker on the bench, since Luis was resigned and Riera loaned. The coach seems to be pleased with the situation, so let's have faith. If Lucas leaves in the end of the transfer window we are in problems, not only quality wise, but again Andone alone can't be enough.

Wingers, AM - Fajr, Gama, Colak, Gil (Valle, Moreno)

Last year Victor opted to play without a playmaker and pushing Fajr to the side. This year it could be different if Lucas and Andone aren't playing at the same time. In general Gama, Colak, Gil, Valle or Moreno will be playing on the winger poisitions, with Fajr or Gil as the attacking midfield if a 4-2-3-1 is in place. Last year we had Fede instead of Gil - this might be a bit of a downgrade, same type of player but maybe not so much quality. But we have Gama and Colak that are looking far better then Cani and Jonas and can be considered as real wingers. Last year the only forward that played partly as a winger was Luis Albero, now the coach can use Moreno or Valle as well + Luisinho, Juanfran in a more defensive set up.

I think we are better off in the offensive positions then last year, the only problem is that only Lucas and Fajr are there from last season. Presence of Gama returning back is positive, but if we kept Luis Alberto and Cartabia I would consider us a force to be reconed with. Andone and Colak look like real Primera players, with Valle, Gil and Moreno as young guns to prove themselfs.

All in all we must be pleased with the team quality, let's just hope the coach can bring them together.
Old 16-08-2016, 16:50   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Nice post Iztok. Of all the years to have a short squad, this is probably the best year to do it. Our age profile is lower now with Lipo & Manny gone and Valle & Marlos in. That's important if we're to follow Garitano's high intensity plan. As you've pointed out, I'd worry having only 3 CBs. Not sure I'd be happy with an emergency Navarro-Albentosa partnership for example. Depends on the opposition I suppose. Maybe Monsalve could do a band aid job, but I'd still prefer to have 4 natural in that position. A spate of injuries is a clear and present danger. Having said all that, I'm happy with the players we have. Jury is out on the coach.....
Closed Thread