Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30-01-2007, 15:13   #166
optics
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
optics is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello. Sorry for stealing your player.

Can someone explain his attributes as a player for me. This is a very surprising signing and i want to understand why Rafa has bought the player.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:29   #167
Tomek
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
Tomek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Posts: 4,432
Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics
...i want to understand why Rafa has bought the player.
I want to understand why Capa let him go
__________________
Vamos Depor!
Tomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:29   #168
Blue_Nation
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
Blue_Nation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,995
Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road
Default

hi optics. You really get a good player, great defender, what can i say. Even he came here without experience (a few matches with Real Madrid) he soon found a place in the team and nobody can doubt he deserved. he played very good matches, playing as a central defender and sometimes at the right wing, in the place of Barragan. The best thing i can say about him is that i can't find him any defects, he is so regular, doesn't make many mistakes, and as far as we know here he is good professional and a good person who everybody cares in the team, even he came here last summer.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:30   #169
optics
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
optics is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek
I want to understand why Capa let him go

C'mon guys. Is he skillfull, pacy, .......???
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:32   #170
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member
 
javientes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,950
javientes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I can't imagine Lendoiro let Arbeloa go for only €4 million. Also Caparros spoke about a good deal, he must be crazy to say this if the amount is only 4 million.

So my feeling says it's a much better deal, otherwise Depor's situation is really bad.
__________________
javientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:32   #171
optics
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
optics is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
hi optics. You really get a good player, great defender, what can i say. Even he came here without experience (a few matches with Real Madrid) he soon found a place in the team and nobody can doubt he deserved. he played very good matches, playing as a central defender and sometimes at the right wing, in the place of Barragan. The best thing i can say about him is that i can't find him any defects, he is so regular, doesn't make many mistakes, and as far as we know here he is good professional and a good person who everybody cares in the team, even he came here last summer.

Thanks mate. The price seems very unusual when looking at how highly you guys seem to rate him. He is unknown to us liverpool fans.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:34   #172
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Praha
Posts: 7,268
Filip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depor_hk
I think Andrade will stay afterall, he is contacted until 2009(or 2008?)

Well that will prove Lendoiro to be the most stupid pupile of the school. We'll AGAIN will get nothing for him, if we keep him till the last moment. He doesnt want to stay too much either, why didnt we sell him instead of Arbolea???????
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:36   #173
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member
 
caabrego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Salvador
Posts: 24,793
caabrego has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics
Thanks mate. The price seems very unusual when looking at how highly you guys seem to rate him. He is unknown to us liverpool fans.
And he is a nice guy. He even answers you when you send a e-mail to his website! http://arbeloa.com/
__________________
Surviving at Primera División
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:37   #174
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned
 
Deporlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 2,686
Deporlover is on a distinguished road
Default

I cant belive it....
he is really one of the best players.....
this is what I was afraid of....
critical transfers in critical time
__________________
I still love you
Now, more than ever
Forza Depor!
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:43   #175
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member
 
scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Barbados
Posts: 5,541
scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

what a mess....
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 15:57   #176
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member
 
MolinaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,519
MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

We've got Lopo, Andrade and even Coloccini in his position. So I don't think he'll be a serious loss for us.
__________________
MolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 16:01   #177
optics
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
optics is on a distinguished road
Default

Let me put it another way. Do you think he has what it takes to make the step up to play for one of the top sides in europe? Rafa was very interested in Dani Alves so i wonder whether he see's Arbeloa as a long term solution for our right back slot.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 16:13   #178
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,867
Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolinaFan
We've got Lopo, Andrade and even Coloccini in his position. So I don't think he'll be a serious loss for us.

I think we have enough defenders in the squad with Juanma as well. The issue for me, is if we needed the money we could have sold Coloccini or Andade for example for more money.

I am very sad to see Arbeloa go, as he had a decent game at Zaragoza on Sunday. Just hope by selling one of our future stars it is a one off deal. Otherwise, the club will serious problems justifing the babydepor label.

Good luck Arbeloa with your new club.

For Liverpool fans, His best postion is centre half IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics
Let me put it another way. Do you think he has what it takes to make the step up to play for one of the top sides in europe? Rafa was very interested in Dani Alves so i wonder whether he see's Arbeloa as a long term solution for our right back slot.

For me, he would be better as a long term replacement for Hypia.

Last edited by Diligent : 30-01-2007 at 16:24.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 16:20   #179
Blue_Nation
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
Blue_Nation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,995
Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road
Default

What do you mean, optics? He played here so he already has been playing for one of the top sides in europe, man! he also played well the few matches with Real Madrid, where it's no easy play as defender, and where if you're not famous you can not play, as everybody knows. That's the cause he came here looking for a place to play. And about Dani Alves, they're so different players; Alves is a natural born attacking right back, Arbeloa is a quick defender that can play as right back, but obviously don't expect too much from him in attack
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 16:26   #180
optics
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5
optics is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
What do you mean, optics? He played here so he already has been playing for one of the top sides in europe, man! he also played well the few matches with Real Madrid, where it's no easy play as defender, and where if you're not famous you can not play, as everybody knows. That's the cause he came here looking for a place to play. And about Dani Alves, they're so different players; Alves is a natural born attacking right back, Arbeloa is a quick defender that can play as right back, but obviously don't expect too much from him in attack

Depor are a much lower quality than Liverpool, that should be obvious to anyone who knows football. Depor are a great club, but have a long way to go to reach this level.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other World Football Depor_Vin World Football 5073 16-11-2020 21:25
Help needed RE: Liverpool and the Hillsborough Disaster jon_hall World Football 14 20-12-2006 00:11
All you wanted to know about Liverpool! Xoán World Football 15 07-10-2004 17:47
CL 04/05 GROUP A (other match) : Liverpool - AS Monaco dudxs World Football 13 17-09-2004 10:09


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:19.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.