Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-04-2004, 14:42   #16
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Train and bus takes ages, but it's cheap (train used to be VERY cheap).
Plane is the only "real" option if you want to make it fast... Now, prices depend very much on where you're flying from, and there're a number of different options regarding airports, airlines, etc. If you book early you can get a decent price anyway.
Renting a car is not a crazy idea... it all comes down to how much you like driving...
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 14:51   #17
Diego
Peña Member

Diego is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Diego

i was surprised to find out that La Coruña is a REALLY big city!!! i had always thought it was a smaller one
-------------
Does Scaloni own a restaurant? has anybody been there?
Old 07-04-2004, 14:58   #18
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

One day i will visit A coruna. It´s my dream to see depor play live!
Old 07-04-2004, 22:47   #19
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

One day I'll come to A Coruca & hug all Depor players!!! They've won MILAN today, today is a holiday!!! Holiday of all Depor fans!!! I LOVE DEPOR!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 23:38   #20
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

One day we'll plan a mass deportivo-la-coruna forum trip.If I win the lottery I'll pay

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 00:39   #21
JW2
Site Team

JW2 is an unknown quantity at this point

About the prices I can get you some help, as I take the route every few weeks with my low student budget ...

The cheapest option by far is to go by bus. It takes about 8 hours from Madrid to A Coruna bus station, and costs between 40-50 Euro. Buses leave every two hours or so, the last one at around 11o'clock at night, being in A Coruna early in the morning

I wouldn't recommend train though... There are only a few connections every day, and it will take the same time as with the bus, only it costs you more than 40 Euro more...

The most comfortable option is to go by plane from Madrid. However, the airport of A Coruna has a problem - it has only one company which is IBERIA (well, the airport has 10 desks, and one of them is by Portugalia Air, but I never ever saw anyone there, so it is basically IBERIA) - So no competition - and high prices, the best offers you get for 90 Euros, but for that you must be really fast, and have good luck.... As well, I think you only get them that cheap if you buy them in Spain...

Prices from Madrid to A Coruna: average: 150 Euro

Better option: fly to Santiago or even Vigo. There you have more options - SpainAir, AirEuropa and IBERIA, and you pay around 40-50 Euros less in the higher categories, well, I would say average price to Santiago 110-120 Euro...

uff.. that's it for the moment, any questions???
JW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 00:48   #22
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
One day we'll plan a mass deportivo-la-coruna forum trip.

I've been thinking of it too. What about everybody coming to Germany and watch Depor kick some ass in the CL final??
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:03   #23
Nuruldin
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Nuruldin is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to Nuruldin Send a message via MSN to Nuruldin Send a message via Yahoo to Nuruldin

it's ma dream to be there..
and i belive smday i'll be there and watch matches from the stadium.. coz i tired watching depor in tv-
where there is dream there is hope
i hope i can do that :d

Official Peña Member No. 0017
Nuruldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:18   #24
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

if you are outside of spain i reckon maybe the cheapest way is to fly to madrid and then get the bus to a coruna as mentioned before.

its worth the effort though, not just for coruna. galicia is a special place that is also still pretty untouched by the mass tourism of other parts of spain. best food too!

i have been to the riazor a couple of times. first time when i was about 10 and you could still see the tower clearly.

it made me laugh the comment about graffiti. there's sooo much in coruna, and while i like some graffiti i agree it does make thinks look a bit tatty sometimes.

last summer i went to the atletico friendly and after the game was in a bar near the stadium. irureta came in and the waiter introduced me to him. he was very friendly (even to the cd sellers) but asked me the question all non-english people ask of english people : 'do you support manchester united?'

ARGH! NO I BLOOODY DON'T hehe
Old 08-04-2004, 03:21   #25
Dave
Beginner

Dave is off the scale

yup

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:40   #26
Navy

Navy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Navy

is it u dave ?
no i never
but someday i MUST be there !!
it's my dream to come to a coruna
and stay there for at least 1 week
see they training session and watch their match live
and of course to see and take a photograph with the players :P
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 19:07   #27
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

If anybody wants to take the train from Madrid. Renfe run two trains a day from Madrid and the same back from A Coruna (Mon-Sat) and one on Sunday. The cost is about £50-60 for a return journey.
Monday-Saturday
Madrid Charmartin 14.00 A Coruna 22.20
22.30 08.40

A Coruna 12.55 Madrid Charmartin 21.30
21.22 07.45
Sunday
Madrid Charmartin 13.18 A Coruna 22.20

A Coruna 09.00 18.18

Check there website for details www.renfe.es. If you are from the Unted Kingdom Renfe have a office in London (0208 0800320) where you can book tickets 60 days in advance (possible discount availble on the above price).

Galicia is a wonderful part of Spain and A Coruna beats Brighton anyday. Go there even if its just for one day.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:02   #28
Mglavan1

Mglavan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

One day I will came to see Galicia and A Coruna, and of course to see one match in Riazor.
This is my dream
Mglavan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 14:16   #29
Wully

Wully is off the scale

I've been twice.
Both times were with my friend who was there ones before and had contacts with a couple of Depor-boys.

This encounter did chance his live ,cause he was totally crazy about the place and the people.So he asked me to come along, being football-crazy too and also a bit interested in Depor, I didn't had to think to long.And i have to say everything he said was thrue!

First time was against Celta ,this was not long after the Prestige so things weren't too good for the people of Galiza.After a demonstration at the stadium we saw the game and we won 3-0!
Big party

Second time was against Villareal after seeing Club Brugge playing 1-1 in Vigo the wednesday before(with our friends Deporfans in Balaidos haha).Depor lost 0-1 in the last minutes after playing with 10 the whole second half (I think).
We also went to the training-ground and got a picture with Valeron,on the matchday we ran into Donato in the clubshop so we got a picture with him too.Can somebody tell me how to post pics so I can share them with you,thanks.
Wully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 14:24   #30
Wully

Wully is off the scale

To get there:we always fly to Madrid with Virgin for about 150 Euro's and rent a car.That is the cheapest way for us.Next time will be with Ryanair who fly to Valladolid(closer than Madrid) for about 50-60 Euro's!!!! (they fly from Belgium and UK)
Wully is offline   Reply With Quote